Leftover Regrets and Apologies... a RiKara OS

FayeMia thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi, back again! This is more like my Klayley fic but it just won't go away so I had to pen it down! I hope you guys like it.
And I still can't believe I was nominated for the OS category! Thanks!!!

"So you still remember my favoured jewellery?" It's been a long time since he last heard that voice, it stuns him, his hands freezing on the necklace while all his senses stand on alert. He recognises that voice. He would have recognised it anywhere, anytime.
He calms his nerves before turning back to her with a smirk,"Oh come on Swetlana, we both know you don't deserve something as pure as pearls." 
Something breaks in her at his words, she has been called worse by him and every member of his family but this, this somehow cuts deeper. She doesn't let her smirk falter as she raises her hand to touch his cheek. 
"Don't you dare," the words are harsh but the tone is soft, with a undercurrent of warning laced through each syllable. Her hand freezes mid-air, an inch from his face, the tone has that effect on her. 
"That's not what you used to say, Omkara, or don't you remember?" she savours the taste of his name in her mouth, looking to land a blow in reply. 
"Don't tell me you're still living in the past," he doesn't sound surprised at all. It makes her blood boil. The fact that he is so well aware of her. She lets her fingers run over the pearl necklace in retaliation. Its warm from the heat of his hand and she can't help but feel wistful even though he withdraws instantly. 
A small, almost insane laugh escapes her lips instantly at his move. 
"Stop being childish," she moves in again and he steps back with a firm toss of his head. 
"Don't. I'm already having trouble breathing in the same air as you," he still has that snarky streak in him. For a moment she fumbles, searching around for her next words. 
"Oh, I'll leave. Tell me, is this for that tiny, vulnerable wife of yours?" her voice has a dangerous lilt to it as she effortlessly hides her jealousy under it. His expressions change to something softer, something that remind her of the Omkara she had swindled into bidding her wishes. The poetic Omkara with a heart of gold - no, platinum. A light turns on in his eyes at the mention of his wife and she feels cold water drench her. 
She blinks rapidly to break the moment before continuing in a smug voice,"I've been noticing her. She's quite pretty but so chattery." the word so is stretched for effect. 
The light goes off in a flash and her gaze again locks with the cold steely one reserved especially for her. He still looks exceptionally handsome, keeping her attention focused on him. 
"Stay away from-" his threatening words are cut off by her drawl. 
"Yeah, that won't be hard, she's no joy to me. I still don't know how you-" this time he cuts her off with distinct venom in his voice. 
"I have my days. Quite memorable is the one she forced me to let you go free. You don't need to personally thank her for that. I can convey your gratitude to her." 
The words bite her, deep and hard enough to make her heart bleed while he takes a moment to look at her properly. She still looks the same: glossy hair, dark lips, and the same hard glint in her eyes. A fresh wave of guilt runs through him. How could he ever call Gauri a Swetlana 2.0? The woman didn't even have the right to stand in the same room as her. He has time to think deeper on it because she doesn't reply for quite some time. 
She lives every day aware that the reason for her free life is Gauri and everyday the fact that she lost everything to her glares at her face.She takes a moment to compose herself, to gather all her wavering thoughts together and faces him. This time she decides to pounce in about the guilt that clearly reflects on his face. 
"Yes, we all know how good she is. But after everything you have done, to yourself and to her, do you think you deserve her?' its cruel, she knows, but that's how she has always been. She waits for satisfaction to settle deep in her as his face contorts with something akin to grief, guilt and anger. It never comes. 
"It's my belief that in the end, we all get what we deserve," his almost cryptic and haunting reply echoes in her head, each word bouncing back and forth. 
Maybe he was right, maybe we do get what we deserve. She knows she never deserved him but the realisation is still a painful shock. 
"And the people who don't deserve a thing are left with nothing but an emptiness that swirls around with flashes of their past. Its just the two of them together, alone, wallowing in their own self without a companion. Because that is what they deserve. Its fate and it's a cruel thing, isn't it?" his words hit very close to home and she almost loses it as he acutely describes the shell her life has become. 
"Sounds like she managed the herculean task of getting the old Omkara back. What does she get in return? I hope it's something good," the sarcasm is still there. 
"It's none of your business. But just to rub it in, she gets everything, she gets the whole deal. Heart, body and soul," he smirks cruelly but his voice reeks of truth. 
It tilts her world, spinning it hard enough for her to almost miss his next words. 
"This will surely go well with her bracelet," he dangles the necklace in front of her face before turning back and raising his hand to get the attention of the dealer. 
It's a dismissing action but she still stands rooted to the spot, questioning everything while he simply leaves with final words,"Goodbye Swetlana." 

He exceeds speed limits as he races home, something he rarely does. The house is blanketed in darkness and he takes two steps at a time to reach her as fast as he could. 
She is perched on his desk, eyes glued to the TV screen. He steps in noiselessly enough to startle her. She almost yells in alarm before her face breaks into a huge smile. 
"You're back! Everyone missed you at dinner! Was the work really that impo-" the rest of her words are lost in the heat of his mouth. Her hands find their way to his hair with practised ease as his kiss intensifies. She is used to his sudden displays of affection, but this somehow feels different. His fingers dig into her skin, holding onto her with more force than necessary. It begins as a tender kiss before accelerating quickly until it edges on desperation that threatens to spill over. 
He breaks the kiss first, trailing light kisses along her jaw before burying his face in her neck. She takes a moment to return her breathing pattern to normal before kissing the side of his head in a sweet gesture. He doesn't react, leading to to believe something was horribly wrong. 
"What's wrong?" she tilts his head up to meet his eyes. 
"I'm sorry." The apology is not in broken words, his voice rings clear with regret. She lets out a sigh.
"Again? Omkara, we are not having this conversation again," she says with finality.
"that's not going to make it better," his voice stays low, fingers still restless on her back. 
"Will a kiss help?"she says coyly.
He cocks his head with a hint of a smile, "As tempting as that sounds -" his sentence is cut off when she smacks her lips against his in a shocking move. 
It is a soft kiss, light touches and all the while she keeps whispering. 
"I love you and that is what matters. That is what will always matter. You've apologised enough."
She teases him with the barest of kisses until he pulls her up with a growl and claims her mouth in a hungry kiss. His hands reach up to her hair and undo them, letting the wavy mass cascade over her back as he pushes her back on the table. Something falls down with a loud thud and she breaks the kiss with a yelp. 
"Something poked my back!"
He stares at her for a moment before swinging her up in his arms in a swift move. "I'm glad you love me enough to forgive me." he says gravely as he places her on the bed before asking,"Not hurt, are you? What exactly poked you?" 
"Oh, it's fine. Must be one of your paint bottles. Well, now it's your turn to show me exactly how much you love me," she smirks at him beckoning him with a hand. 
"You know I can't say no to my wife!" he exclaims before flipping off the lights and plunging the room into darkness.
She feels his smile against her own lips as he settles down for a deep kiss. Her heart lightens at that, happy that he is finally free of his burdens. Even if it's for some time. 

Rushed ending, I know but it kept growing longer! And I'm quite sure no one has that kind of patience! Do drop me a line! 

Edited by FayeMia - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely take here... an apologetic Omkara... n romantic RiKara... n that exchange between svets n him .. all that i would like to see sometime in future... Thanks for this now... 
Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear, I really bcm fan of ur os. This was so good as well. Plz write more more more.
dazzles thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice story... is i said nice it was awesome...
i like the swetelena here😆  

i love more to read from you

pm me next time
....Anabella... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I loved the OS..And somehow I liked svetalana here I can't believe am saying that... But I liked her...
SNOWWHITE83 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
awesome .loved it.write more plz
sree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have alk the patience. Great story.
IlaTanwar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I liked the wat you describesvetlana and omkara's conversation svetlana poking and Omkara's fitted reply to her was amazing i like it amazing update
DamseLInActioN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Sensuos enough to send me over the edge! WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?
I absofreakinlutely loved it.
Write more often please ❤️
And thanks for the PM :D

Cheers.x
FayeMia thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DamseLInActioN

Sensuos enough to send me over the edge! WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME?

I absofreakinlutely loved it.
Write more often please ❤️
And thanks for the PM :D

Cheers.x

First, where have you been? You okay?
And I actually expected hate for writing angsty OS and a bit of SwetKara!