Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flora205 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Cheesecake muffins for my son

Today, after an especially brave meeting with a nurse, I prepared some cheesecake muffins for my son. I used silicon pastry cases. The muffins look beautiful and the fresh strawberries and peppermint leaves make them even more special, so every gourmand will be delighted with them. I will tell you in secret that it is difficult to eat only one cheesecake.

Ingredients (6 muffins)
1 lemon jelly
10 big strawberries
200g of vanilla fromage frais
grated skin from half a lemon

the complete recipe is here

Flora205 thumbnail

Afternoon tea with finger biscuits.

With my children in mind I prepared an extremely simple dessert using natural yoghurt and biscuits as basic ingredients. It was supposed to be for children. By default, though, I prepared a bit more and we were all able to relish it.

Ingredients (for 4 people)
400g of natural yoghurt
200g of finger biscuit
200g of raspberries
2 teaspoons of caster sugar

the recipe is here

PhunsukWangdu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow love the ideas and recipes
Flora205 thumbnail

Feather-light chocolate whip with aquafaba

There wouldn't be anything special in this dessert if it wasn't for its main ingredient. It was aquafaba - i.e. the liquid which is left after straining chickpeas from a tin. Up to now I have poured it away. From today I will never make this mistake. Jol Roessel, a French chef, was the discoverer of aquafaba. He wanted an alternative to eggs when preparing meringues.

Protein and starch are the only ingredients of aquafaba. It doesn't have any other additives. Cold aquafaba can be whisked like an egg white. Next time I will try to prepare some meringues with aquafaba, but now I would like to share with you the recipe for an extremely simple chocolate whip. I served it with the sub acid from an apricot mousse. My children were delighted, and so were we.

200ml of aquafaba (from one tin of chickpeas)
2 teaspoons of caster sugar
150g of dark chocolate
6 apricots
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of brown sugar

the recipe is here

Flora205 thumbnail

Millet groats cookies with tahini and chocolate.

This time I prepared millet groats cookies with tahini and chocolate. They are not so sweet, have lots of sesame seeds and are crunchy with a beautiful, homely smell.

Ingredients (30 cookies)
3 tablespoons of tahini
120g of brown sugar
100g of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
1 egg
130g of millet groats flakes
75g of flour
teaspoon of baking powder
of baking soda
100g of dark chocolate

the recipe is here

Edited by Flora205 - 6 years ago
Flora205 thumbnail

Granary pancakes with bilberry mousse

Today I would like to share with you the recipe for "slimmed down" pancakes. Luckily, I don't have any problems with fruit in my children's diet; they like all kinds of fruit. But I know that for other parents pancakes could be the best way to sneak some vitamins into their food.

I found the recipe for the pancakes at Polish "wegepedia.pl", and it appealed to me instantly because of the easy and basic preparation and the yummy look of the pancakes.

Ingredients:
200g of granary flour
one teaspoon and a half of baking powder
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 flat teaspoon of cinnamon
300ml of vegetable milk
Other ingredients
100g of bilberries
30ml of water
3 dates

complete recipe is here

Flora205 thumbnail

White chocolate whip with aquafaba with crumble topping and fruit.

Today I would like to share with you a dessert fit for a king. It needs a bit of work, but it is easy, and so tasty that you won't regret the time you spent on it. I have already made chocolate whip with aquafaba. Today I added a bit of whisked sweet cream, due to which it is more creamy but it isn't suitable for vegetarians.

You may use any fruit. In my opinion, bilberries, blueberries or raspberries are best. Cherries would also be excellent, but you may use your favourite fruit.

Ingredients:
crumble topping:
50g of butter
50g of flour
50g of sugar
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds

whip:
200ml of aquafaba (from one tin of chickpeas)
150g of white chocolate
150ml of 30% sweet cream
30g of caster sugar
other ingredients
fruit
caster sugar

Edited by Flora205 - 6 years ago
Flora205 thumbnail

Pineapple and coconut the ideal couple

Today, inspired by the recipes from the book "Zielone koktajle. 365 przepisw" ("Green cocktails. 365 recipes") I prepared a light coconut-pineapple dessert. You may make it without sugar if you have enough sweet fruit. If your pineapple isn't very ripe, add a bit of honey to your dessert.

fruit mousse
1 pineapple
300ml of coconut milk
1 banana
150ml of orange juice
2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
decoration
50g of butter
1 tablespoon of caster sugar
4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
4 slices of orange
fruit

hawelicanada thumbnail
Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars - This super easy dessert uses caramel candies and chocolate cake mix.
Flora205 thumbnail

Wholemeal chocolate muffins with raspberries

The first week of the school year is over. After two months in which the children did nothing, it was the most difficult time of the year. In a while, when the children get used to schoolwork, it should be easier.

In order to sweeten this difficult time, today I prepared some very chocolaty wholemeal muffins. They were dark, with a thick, glossy frosting, and the juicy raspberries looked fabulous, smelled irresistible and tasted even better. They were the best fresh still hot with melted chocolate inside. In any case, you should try them for yourselves.

Ingredients (10 muffins)
dough
150g of wholemeal flour
3 tablespoons of cocoa
3 tablespoons of oil
130g of brown sugar
140ml of milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder
10 pieces of dark chocolate
frosting
50ml of milk