RiKara OS: A dash of ruthlessness with a side of insanity

sapphirose176 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello all! 😊
I am tired of waiting for real Gauri-Omkara action and hence this silent reader had to resort to dreaming and writing! 

I wrote this when we were getting no action in Om's love life while on Ishqbaaaz and DBO wasn't announced. Gauri's character here is how I'd imagined it to be and how I wanted Omkara n his female lead's dynamics to be. You'll find her different here.

Note: Gauri's character in the show is a sweet one and I have no objections to it. It's just that I'd written it few months back and since I'm bored now, I thought why not try continuing it.😛

Please comment n lemme know what you think and what could've been better.

***************************************************************************************

A dash of ruthlessness with a side of insanity

Omkara

"Bhaiya..as much as I hate to say this, I think we should intervene...", said Rudra, jaw set and nails digging into the palm of his hand. A hand stopped him, firmly held him by the shoulder. Shivaay Singh Oberoi's kanji aankhein (as his Anika lovingly called them) narrowed in thought. The situation was dangerously on the verge of insanity. "No Rudra...let him handle it in his way. He needs to get it out of his system. He'll hurt himself if he doesn't. And anyways, we're the Oberois. No one hurts our own and lives to tell the tale.", Shivaay growled. Both of them shifted at the sound of the door opening and winced as a gut wrenching scream was heard.

Omkara Singh Oberoi was a man of many talents and virtues. Known to be compassionate, humble, honest, sensitive young man - a passionate artist. Ruthlessness wasn't one of those traits- until he dealt with the she-devil, Svetlana. But Shivaay thought differently. The Oberoi men were known to be territorial, possessive and a force to reckon with when it came to their professional goals and loved ones.

Omkara dusted the non-existent dust on his leather jacket and fixed his brothers with gaze holding fire and promising destruction. "That bas***d isn't speaking",he gritted through his teeth," yet.." Omkara said with an Oberoi-worthy predator smirk. Rudra shivered at the sight. He'd never dreamt of a day when O could be so...ruthless.

"Careful O", said Shivaay as he clasped Om's hand and made him sit on the pool side. "We don't want him dying at our hands-", he gently warned him." Not without him breaking his silence first." hissed Om. His head was throbbing and he swayed on his feet. 

"O, you need to sleep. You haven't slept in the last 24 hours. Your body needs rest. Aaram karoge toh dimaag jaldi kaam karega. Please, don't-" said Shivaay while rubbing soothing circles across Om's tensed back. " No! No...every second is precious. Ek ek lamha..

bojh hai uske bina...ek ek pal humare beech mein dooriyan paida kar raha hai...nahi nahi...I won't waste any time...,"Om said as he stood up and kicked the nearest

unfortunate inanimate object away. "Okay okay", said Shivaay holding up his hands in surrender. "Accha coffee toh pile please? Have faith Om. We have the best task force

on the job. They'll nab the culprits. And soon, very soon you'll have them punished." declared Shivaay gripping Om's shoulders.

"O, Shivaay Bhaiya, Anika Bhabhi and Sumo are back. Woh 5 minute mein yaha aate honge.", said Rudra as he came back after attending Soumya's call while Shivaay handled Om.

"Good" , said Shivaay as he handed a cup of strong black coffee to Om and made sure he drank it all. Om accepted the cup wordlessly and lifted it to his mouth.

The warmth of the porcelain cup did nothing to the seeping cold in his heart. He welcomed the bitter scalding liquid flowing down his throat. It was better than the burn

in his heart. "Oh no..it's..oh..sorry Om..yeh coffee..it's too hot ...sorry," spoke Shivaay nursing his burnt tongue. Rudra handed him a glass of water from food trolley they'd

stationed at their 'headquarters' for the last few hours. "The coffee is sweeter than every second I have to spend without her", whispered Om in a broken wistful voice. He clutched

the empty coffee cup, his mind going over every minute detail, every clue. Jaw working furiously, eyebrows scrunched together in anger and eyes reflecting the sorrow

of separation and an inferno of vengenace, Omkara Singh Oberoi looked every bit his namesake ready to open the third eye.

He stood up and strode forward and opened the door to the room, meaning to resume business. "Om", a voice called out. He whirled around to see Anika and Soumya hurrying

toward them. "It has to be a little quieter, warna ghar mein kisiko sunai dega.",said Anika referring to the screams and profanities that were coming from within the

room as OSFoB (Oberoi Security Force Battalion) were following orders. She kept the helmets and Champa's keys on the table and Soumya put away their bags as Om barked

some instructions to the his men inside the room and closed the door. Om took a chair and sat down, running his hand through his now-messed hair and took a deep breath.

"So, is it her's?", he asked directly jumping to the point. Anika and Soumya exchanged worried glances before replying.

"Bade baal wale Bhaiyaa-"

"Om-"

"Does the blood on the scarf belong to my wife? Is it my Gauri's?", Om bit out taking heavy breaths, shaking with anger at every word he uttered. "YES or NO? Answer

me!", he roared at the silence that his question was met with. "She had taken the routine annual blood test 4 days ago so they had something to compare with. Yes. It's her

blood.", said Soumya in a single breath, not daring to test his patience anymore. "There isn't much so it could've been used for a minor cut...", Anika supplied while handing

the forensic bag containing the scarf to Om. With the desperation of a man hanging onto his lifeline, Om snatched it from Anika's hand and held it tightly to his chest.

"OM!"

"O !"

Shivaay and Rudra rushed forward as their brother collapsed in a heap on the floor, sobbing his heart out. They helped him sit up and all four of them, Shivaay, Anika,

Rudra and Soumya engulfed him a warm, loving; albeit incomplete, group hug.

An hour later

They had put Om to sleep in Shivaay-Anika's bedroom. All four of them stayed up, sitting at the pool side from where they could keep an eye on Om.  Shivaay and Soumya

bought some food with them from the kitchen. They passed around the plates and sat down on the mattresses and made themselves comfortable with cushions and warm blankets.

Anika smiled softly as she took Shivaay's extended hand and sat beside him, resting her head in the crook of his neck as he wrapped a blanket around them and wrapped her in his arms

Rudra rested his head in his Sumo's lap. Soumya was sitting beside Shivaay-Anika, all of them facing Shivaay-Anika's bedroom window. Rudra relaxed as he felt Sumo

caressing his hair and smoothening the forehead lines while he fiddled with the engagement ring on her left hand. They sat in tense silence till Anika couldn't handle

it anymore. Watching the diamonds in her mangalsutra (long story about the 'diamond' part) shine under the dim lights, Anika shivered and breathed out," I am scared,

Billu ji." "I am scared for both of them. Aapne Om ki haalat dekhi hai? Mujhe toh samajh nahi aaraha kya karun aur kya nahi. Itna raita phaila hua hai...

", Anika said looking into her Billu ji's kanji aankhein.

"Haan Anika di. Daadi subah se mandir mein pray kar rahi hai. Janhvi auntie room mein baithke pata nahi kya kar rahe hai. Mushkil se lunch kiy unhone. Priyanka apne aap ko busy rakhne ke

liye pure ghar ki cleaning supervise kar rahi hai. Aur bade baal wale bhaiya-", said Soumya softly. Rudra took both of Sumo's hands in his hands and held them closely

to his chest.

"I know. It's a very difficult time. We have to be very careful with O. I will not have him going back to drugs. Jab tak Shivaay Singh Oberoi hai, Oberoi

family mein kisi par bhi aach nahi aane dega. It's my promise to you, Om. Hum hamare Gauri ko doondh lenge. We will and we swear.",Shivaay said in a steely voice.

"Aur hum sab hain na... Ek saath. Aap akele nahi hain Billu ji. Hum Om aur Gauri ko kuchh nahi hone denge.", whispered Anika kissing her husband's cheek.

"I just hope, we do it in time. Der na hojaye bhaiya...mein O ki aisi haalat nahi dekh sakta", said Rudra in a broken voice. Soumya replied," Think positive Rudra. We

have the police, detective force and the Oberoi's force working together. Dekhna, jald hi Gauri di humare saath hongi. We'll find her." She leaned down to kiss his cheek

and Rudra purposely moved his head so that it landed on the lips. Smirking at her blushing red cheeks, he gently kissed her hands and tucked them near his heart.

"Get a room you two!", taunted Shivaay. "Arre nahi nahi..khabardar Rudra tumne aisa kuchh shaadi se pehle socha bhi! Aur aap Billu ji, kya seekh de rahe hai aap apne

chhote bhai ko-", Anika started reprimanding Shivaay. Shivaay rolled his eyes goodnaturedly and shot a 'now-i-am-getting-a-lecture-bcoz-of-u' look to Rudra while

Soumya giggled at the exchange and Rudra smiled teasingly.

In the bedroom

Omkara lay still on the bed gazing at the scarf in his hand. His heart beat as though he had run a marathon. Fear gripped his heart, questioning fate, destiny; taunting him

on his failure to protect her. A few remaining tears leaked from his eyes and soaked the pillow. He felt numb and hollow and at the same time, there was this..this

fire inside him...stoking his desire for justice, vengenance. This was the only thing holding him from tumbling in an infinte abyss of despair and insanity. He traced

the letters embroidered over the scarf he had gifted Gauri on their first karwachauth.

M.O.S.O. standing for Mrs. Omkara Singh Oberoi. He closed his eyes and welcomed the tide of memories as they swept him under their current.

*Flashback*

He was busy in his art room, set about completing another of his statues. It was the morning of karwachauth and he intended to spend the day with Gauri. Thinking thus, he

poured more energy into finishing and making the artwork perfect. The windows were open and a gentle breeze blew making the curtains flutter and the wind chims tinkle.

He felt his senses get assaulted by the lily-lavender perfume belonging to his wife. "Good morning", a voice whispered lovingly in his ear as hands slithered across his

chest and wrapped themselves around his torso. Just then, the wind blew some of her long silky black locks in his face and he closed his eyes in bliss.

"Good morning", he replied with a wide smile on his face. She let him wipe his clay filled hands on a cloth and stated," You got up early today."

"Well, I intend to finish this today so that I can enjoy the day with you", he said washing and drying his hands properly. She clapped her hands excitedly and said,"

Sach mein? That'll be so awesome! I doubt we can get solitude though, Agents SoumRu reported that SSO and Anika are not on talking terms today. Get ready for some action

and drama." Om chuckled and asked," What happened now?" "Well, Anika di found a receipt of 75k of a diamond mangalsutra that Shivaay bhaiya had got last week as a karwachauth gift. Needless to say,

she's furious about the 'fizool ka kharcha'." she said giggling.

"Gauri, I am really not surprised. One because its so Shivaay and-", he started replying while turning around to look at her. He found his breath knocked out at the sight

before him. The Omkara Singh Oberoi who sprouted Urdu couplets, shayari and beautiful poetry at the most random moments, suddenly found himself speechless for a

minute. "Beautiful..and so much more..", he breathed out, his eyes darkening.

Gauri stood self-consiously near the window, with the sunlight streaming from the curtains illuminating her person.. She came upto Om's chin, her forehead touching his chin when they stood

in front of each other. Her glorious silky black locks glinted under the sun's rays and blew freely in the wind. Her oval face was adorned by beautiful doe-shaped

brown eyes framed by thick lashes, a straight delicate nose and a set of pink plump lips which formed a heavenly smile. Today, she had applied kajal which made her eyes

hypnotic and all Om wanted was to drown in those chocolate brown depths. Her make up and jewellery were minimal, a pair of golden jhumke gifted to her by his mom and

the mangalsutra adorned her neck. There was sindoor in her hair parting and a small bright red bindi between the brows. Her hands had beautiful mehendi applied till the elbow and the

numerous red glass bangles clinked with every gesture she made. The yellow-kesar saree with a silver-grey border, sequins design and the light orange lace blouse

looked ethereal on her. Om was never a person influenced by outer beauty; he knew better. His Gauri wasn't a drop-dead gorgeous beauty that high class society drooled after,

she was an independent, ambitious sorted young woman who stuck to her principles and switched between being warm and loving to those dear to her and cold hearted bitch (in Rudra's words) to the others.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!", she murmured biting her lower lip, walking closer to him. He held out his hand and she slipped her hand in it. Om marvelled at the feel of his hand against

her and the ring on her ring finger. Abruptly, he pulled her closer and trapped her in his arms. He kissed her forehead lovingly and gazed into her eyes as

they rested their foreheads together. Gauri trailed her hands from Om's chest to his shoulders where she locked them behind his neck and stood on her tiptoes to match her

husband's height. Om placed his hands on her waist and lower back and slightly lifted her. She gently brushed through his shoulder length hair taking care not to ruin

his hairstyle and closed her eyes as she felt him bury his nose in her hair. Om took a deep whiff of her hair which smelled like jasmine and trailed his nose down her neck

and kissed the pulse point at the base of her throat. Finally he pecked her cheeks and lips, lingering long enough for her to smile against his lips and met her gaze.

"Waise, what's with the Oberoi men being so obsessed with marking their lady?", she asked a little out of breath. He always took away her breath.

"What are you talking about?", Om feigned ignorance. Gauri rolled her eyes and let go of her house slippers and put her feet on Om's feet so that all her weight was on him

and he'd have to carry her, if he wanted to move. "You were saying..?", she raised one eyebrow. She never ceased to amuse him, he thought. "Okay...Why this question? I haven't

pestered you to change your name after marriage, like Shivaay did to Anika.",he answered. "To think of it,none of us the GenX OBrides will be changing our surnames to Oberoi. Though

Soumya might hyphenate it Tendulkar-Oberoi", Gauri pondered." Anika never carried any surname for 25 years of her life and she doesn't intent to do so now. Well, you know I find

it an injustice to make the woman let go of the name she was raised with. As for you dear, I am well aware that subtlety is your forte. You won't blantly display that Oberoi

possessiveness that Shivaay bhai parades around with." she said rolling her eyes at the last sentence. "Nor would you get down to violence like Rudra.",she said

remembering the time Soumu told her and Anika that Rudra struck the boy proposing her with a basketball.

"Well...you have me there.", Om whispered softly in her ear making her shiver that had nothing to do with feeling cold. "So...can I have my karwachauth gift right now?",

she asked excitedly changing the topic taking a 180 degree turn. Om laughed aloud at this and said," Straight to the point haa. Why, I thought, my lovely wife is showering

love on me? Were you simply manipulating your husband to get the gift early?" "Meh..no..I was simply exercising my rights as a wife.", she countered with a small smirk.

Saying thus, she tighted the hold on his shoulders and locked her Om's magnetic black orbs with dark brown of her own. In response, Om pulled her flush to his body and tightened his

hold on her waist. He placed a kiss on her nose and said,"You're impossible, you know that right? Fine, now close your eyes. And no peeking. I mean it.", he conceded and

warned her as he let go of her, rather reluctantly, and strode to the drawer of his work table and took out a paper bag. " Aha! So that's why I couldn't find anything in

our room...",she said accusingly. "Eyes closed I'd said. But..really?", Om asked her with raised eyebrows and a teasing smile. "Ah well..I..was..curious?", Gauri offered a reply grinning sheepishly

She turned around and closed her eyes and waited for Om to give her the gift. He handed it to her and watched her face carefully as her hand came in contact with the

contents of the bag. 'Clothes? Dress? Tunic?' she tried guessing in her mind while she waited for him to allow her to open her eyes. "Okay, open now", he said.

" A scarf!", Raavi exclaimed opening her eyes. It was a pretty olive green with floral designs. She examined every inch of it, marvelling the softness and a smile gracing

her lips. "It's so pretty! For me, long enough to draped as dupatta too. It's a lovely lovely gift, Om! Thank you", she said smiling widely and trying it out in different styles.

Om simply watched her with a smile,hands folded across his chest, waiting for her to discover the actual surprise. 'There's something here', she thought as her fingers

traced one corner of the scarf.  M.O.S.O were the letters embroidered in all corners of the scarf. Eyes narrowed and lips settled in a cute confused pout, she wondered for a minute before it clicked in her mind.

Mrs. Omkara Singh Oberoi. Abbreviated to M.O.S.O .

" Oh...Really? Really Om? You sly possessive.. Master of subtlety!", she breathed out as she blushed at the sweet gesture. Her Om was all for independence

and personal space but there was an untapped possessive streak hidden under those mysterious layers of his mind. She felt honoured more than anything

that The Omkara Singh Oberoi considered her His to claim. Om barely maintained his balance as Gauri launched herself into his arms and pulled him in a deep

searing kiss which warmed him to his toes. "So..I presume you aren't furious?", he asked ,catching his breath with difficulty. "You silly silly man! This is the most

sweet, subtle gesture I've ever known. You reduce me to a puddle of mush every damn time. I can't even be cross with you..ughh I am being so cheesy right now.", she replied equally breathless.

"Glad to know. I'll remember that.", he smiled winking at her and pulling her close.

* Flashback ends*

He fisted the bag in his hands and sat up on the bed. He glanced at the poolside. Shivaay-Anika and SoumRu had fallen asleep. Om winced at the haggard reflection in the mirror.

His own self with blood shot eyes and dark circles underneath them and tangled limp hair stared back with a pained expression. "You are not allowed to hurt yourself, Mr Omkara Singh Oberoi!

Never.Ever. Do you understand what I am saying? Promise me, promise me Om!", Gauri's tear-stained face and panicked voice resounded in his head. " I won't hurt myself...no

no..I have promised you...and I won't break that promise.", Om mumbled. Fisting his hands and with his jaw working furiously, Om sweared," But I swear, I'll never let

you get hurt. I promise to fight, for both of us. I'll find you. We'll be together, soon..very soon. Please just keep your faith in me. Please...", he said as few

tears rolled down his cheeks. He shuddered and composed himself. The passionate, sensitive sweet Omkara melted away to a ruthless, cold calculative man ready to bend and break

rules to get back his wife. "If you can, please forgive me for setting out alone. I don't want to...but I need to..", he said overlooking the four sleeping figures by the poolside

and kept a hastily scribbled note by Shivaay's side. He turned away and walked out of that wing of the mansion.

"Everyone will pay...whoever it is...family, friend or enemy...no one shall be spared.", Omkara swore in a cold emotionless voice as he grabbed

a bag, some clothes, cash, food, necessities and the car keys before leaving Oberoi mansion without a backward glance.

****************************************************************************************************

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveangel94 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Love this dear. ❤️
Please  write  more. 
There is no romance  on show right now atleast we fans  need fan fiction  to satisfy  us. 
Sakura24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I've read this a long time ago in IB forum and I was captivated by the thrill...the pace of the plot and the emotional depth. Getting to read it once more is like...awesome!😃
Continue soon!
Cheers, 
Sakura
Edited by Sakura24 - 7 years ago
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome story 
a different take on rikara...
its good to read this...I am already fed up of the svetlana tales in the show 
Rishrabh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow.. Awesome.. Write more plzz.
lourel24 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome. Plz please please update it.Next part with rikara reunion. You can't leave us like this.pls pretty please. 
CursedSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Write more pls. There's nothing interesting to watch in the show now. Fan fiction can fulfill the blank desire
appynehra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

---Unres----

I remember having reading this before they introduced gauri on IB forum!!! Was simply mindblowing!!! Please do convert it into SS.

NetFreak_Me thumbnail
I loved your take on RiKara.. it's such a complete package.. its got its thrills.. quick paced.. n laced with emotions.. n even romance.. wow.. all the characters are chipping in their bits.. and An angry Omkara out to find his love.. can't wait for this tale to unfold..

Thanks for this
sandjanarai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
nice update dear,please continue soon
i love the possesion Om has for his wife,he is ready to leave every thing only to find here
and owwwhhh hamere Rudy boy our Sumo ko hamesha moka chahiye flirt karne ka na,their love story is soo cute
I wonder what happend to Gauri and blood stains on here scarf...