Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
so Musas character was pretty useless
Neel_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This show was the weirdest  show among all show I'm currently watching!

For twenty episode khawar was a rapist, abusive husband and one episode he tried to kill himself, so he was rewarded because he is a changed man... no way!

What happened about he being a drug dealer?

What happened to Musa?

What was the use of showing elder brother sitting with Farhan somewhere else... I thought he moved to UK

How Khawar evil sister suddenly realized that Taqbeer is a good human being.

How Taqbeer forgave Khawar after knowing what he did to her sister!

I didn't like Taqbeer character, she forgave Khawar for what he did to her knowing that she is in love with Musa and after that rape, torture, physically, mentally abuse... plus she forgave him for what he did to her sister... badly written character.

Thanks god this show ends..
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
To the writers of these shows, please understand that to engage an audience (at least me) in a love story, you need the leads to be likable and honorable people first. All else follows from that. For example, so far, in Qurban, Jamal is shown to be a man of honor and various interactions in the early episodes with different characters reveal that sense of honor and nobility. Another example, is the recalcitrant but essentially nice Mohsin Bhai from Kuch Na Kaho. Time and again, he is shown to be a man of honor. He might be irate, somewhat impatient, and misguided, but in essence, he is noble and honorable. He is always with his family and has their back. He is stern because he believes that will be the only way to make sure none of his family stray from what he sees as the right and noble path. Tajdar from Bholi Bano was also a very honorable man. But FQ's character (whatever little I saw of the show) and even his character in BM were evil and lacking in honor. They could be redeemed to an extent but, in my opinion, not to the extent of getting the women they clearly did not deserve. The only show that I think got this right was Mere Meherban where even though Ali Agha's character was redeemed, he did not get to marry Ayeza Khan. Instead, she got to go off into the sunset with the man who appeared to be the better man while Ali had to live with the consequences of his choices as did his formerly vile mother. I hope the writers of these shows pay attention to this very important details.  Edited by JNam - 6 years ago
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I apologize for the repeated posts but just wanted to get a few things off my chest:
1. Can anyone try to inspire FQ to snap out of these well paying (presumably) vanity projects and do something worthwhile? I think he should consider well written supporting parts instead of these shoddily written lead roles. His best and most experimental roles seem the ones he played in the 90s. 

2. How come the most disappointing shows end up with the most lilting music? Do the makers use up all their passion and vision on the OST alone, leaving none for the actual story? In that case, I hope from hereon, makers of such shows decide to scrimp on the cost and energy usually devoted to the OSTs of dramas, and instead use those resources on the show itself. I loved the OST of Zakham and Mohabbta Tum Se Nafrat Hai, and neither show matched my expectations (although I expected far less out of Zakham).

3. Can these young actresses be cast alongside men their age instead of these over-the-hill actors? It is jut so creepy to watch unless it is a story about such a May--Dec romance, which again, is too dated for me to watch. Furthermore, can men in their late 30s and 40 be cast opposite women their age such as Samilya Mumtaz etc.?

4. Can we agree never to make another show where crazy, psychotic men get redeemed by the love of a noble (often much younger) woman? I have had my fill of such perverse and unengaging tales.

5. Can we agree to never make a twisted story (a love story) wherein a brother-in-law marries and walks off into the sunset with his sister-in-law? The only show that showed this idea in a deservedly twisted way was Khali Haath. 

Thanks for providing the room for me to rant, India Forms :-)
Edited by JNam - 6 years ago