Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
has anyone seen Rekha in Ijaajat? She's sooo beautiful! 
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: astha36

I can't believe how frank these 70s interviews used to be. Why would they talk about such private things in an interview? And I am shocked that Rekha might have got beaten with sandals? How does that kind of thing happen with stars? Totally messes with my perception of BW stars.😕

i swear man .. just read any of the old interviews .. everyone was so out there .. and now its just the other way around ... hum bhi indian tv ki tarah regress karte jaa rahe hain

all this makes KJo's frequent truth bombs seem like babji ka thullu 😆
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Interviews in those days were so frank and open..no sugar coating or hiding 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It used to be different.. Behind the scenes stars used to have so much fun and too much extra curricular activities going on, they didn't have cameras following them around or the constant media scrutiny

Once Randhir Kapoor said 

"You know, the actors of today can't even imagine the fun we had, We were wild. The only thing in our favour was that there was no press to hound us. So we had our fun without being caught. Today life has become 'The Truman Show'. What an actor thinks of doing tomorrow is already telecast today. What is Salman Khan? He's Shammi Kapoor reincarnate. In fact, Shammi was wilder. Ask me; I was his right hand man. I used to hang around him because I used to get free booze. I knew what he was up to. He lived his life like a king. I call him a grounded luxury liner today

I'm surprised that my daughters don't know any of their co-stars. In our days, we'd party together each night. We'd organise our outdoor schedules in such a way that all of us could be at the same place at the same time. In the evenings, we'd have our round of drinks. A different person would sponsor the drinks each day. And the actresses never lagged behind when it came to buying us guys our drinks. Mumtaz, Zeenat Aman and Parveen Babi were large-hearted. They were our buddies. I've maintained my friendship with all my co-stars to date, whether it's Jeetendra, Rakesh Roshan, Vinod Khanna or the Khan brothers."

This IV is atleast 12,15 yrs old... it's worse now ðŸ˜† There was no twitter or I-F at that time
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Bollywood already had a wild reputation. Middle class shunned them. There were few reporters like Devi who wrote gossip. As long as you were on their good side, you were protected. Premnath-Shammi and Khan brothers were known for their wild parties and orgies. There was a feeling of belonging in industry. It was like a small village. If you made it inside, there was a helping hand for you unless you took paanga with insider.
Media never had so much power over them. The actor were free from having to live in constant fear of being judged. They were much more open than they are today.

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
^^ That time Internet itself was sort of a foreign concept 😆
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Actors didn't appear on TV 24/7 then, no instagram or twitter, they gave IVs occasionally... So they had interesting things to say

When you give interviews everyday it's going to be boring.

Not everybody can tweet everyday and still make it interesting like Rishi ji... Bu that gets him into trouble ðŸ˜Š
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Actors didn't appear on TV 24/7 then, no instagram or twitter, they gave IVs occasionally... So they had interesting things to say

When you give interviews everyday it's going to be boring.

Not everybody can tweet everyday and still make it interesting like Rishi ji... Bu that gets him into trouble ðŸ˜Š

loved randhir kapoor's interview that you posted..bollywood people used to have a great time specially when they were shooting away from mumbai which was 99% time kashmir..bahut aish ki hain bollywood ne waha specially kapoors..Kashmiri people loved them cause most of their(raj,shammi,shashi,randhir,rishi) movies were shot there..
Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago