Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChandlerBing thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Chapter one

Problem one, scene one:

It was mid March and the afternoon was irritating with the sun that has not yet set and playing peek-a-boo with clouds. What clouds in the middle of summer you may ask? Welcome to the city that never followed weather.

The bridesmaid looked so beautiful in the lavender colored long flowy dress with her dark hair which are straight at the roots and turning soft curls at the edges, falling till her waist. 

Alone in her suite, Sameera sat on her bed, her head between her hands, she felt tears trickle down from her eyes.

Like it would happen in any wedding, it happened in this, and it happened to her. She had got drunk the previous night so much and hooked up with someone. It wasn't that big a deal, or so she thought until she had seen the person she slept with walk out of shower, come drop a kiss on her cheek and walk out of her room. She was half drowsy when he was walking out, yet as she had seen his face, she felt the familiar guilt and disgust come back to her with double force.
How is she supposed to go back and attend the wedding as if nothing happened when she had to stand next to the guy that she had slept with. How can she look into the eyes of her best friend, when she had lost all her dignity and did a big mistake which would break her best friend. She had slept with the man her best friend was going to marry a night before his wedding. 

She felt like the worst friend one could ever have, although she did believe he was the worst husband one could have too. Getting up, she wiped her tears away, making her walk to the groom's suite. Granted she made a mistake but she would give him one chance to sort this out. She hoped it meant nothing to him, for it would be easy that way. Although if last night did mean even the remotest to him than it did to her, she had to do that harder job. She had to break the wedding by telling her best friend everything. 

Problem Two scene one

Dev looked troubled. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, with red and tired eyes, hair sticking everywhere, clothes soiled and ruined he just looked out of a huge fight. 

He was not, however.

He smelled like shit and he felt like shit too. Last night was a disaster. He had promised he would never go on that path again, yet he had, and lost something very precious. He was the worst Bestman ever. He knew it was very easy to be provoked when he was high. Yet, he blindly took the bait and gambled the entire night. That was not the worst part. 
The worst part came when after 2am had come this 6'2" tall man with a belly and unshaven face. He had never seen him earlier, and since it was but a private party, he didn't expect a gamble king to show up suddenly. However, the man, who later turned out to be the bride's uncle had kept losing the game, letting Dev win, increasing his confidence. And when the man had put his gold chain on the table, something ugly reared its head in Dev's chest. He was drunk and high on confidence for winning continuously, and most of all stupid. He had put back the entire amount he won on the table plus a ring.

He lost the game and when he saw the grin on the older man, he had realised it was but an elaborate bait.

Only when he realised what he has done, he had also realised another major problem he had caused. The ring he bet wasn't his. It was meant for the bride.

God, he is so screwed.

Problem Three scene one

Geet left a breath she was holding for so long. She had but waited all her adult life for this day, but when the day is finally here, she was wondering what's the right way? Whether to climb down through her window or should she get out through the servant quarters?
She jumped at the lowest of knocks on her door, and was nervous all day. As she was pacing in the room, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She was a vision in white, with sweetheart neckline and beautiful dress that had accentuated her curves at the right parts and was left as a freely flowing dress down her waist. The diamond earrings and the beautiful necklace with a single pendent was the only jewelry she had been wearing. With her hair tied up in a beautiful bun, her curly ringlets of hair escaping a little of it, she was but the most prettiest bride anybody has ever seen.

And it hit her like a pile of bricks at that moment. That it was happening. She was the bride.
And she wanted to run away. Now.

"I am sorry Maan" she had scribbled on the note, as she picked up her skirts and ran.
Edited by ChandlerBing - 7 years ago
ardentfitzcy thumbnail
Wedding and three titles  πŸ˜‰
This is super awesome! This is very interesting.

Where O where do you get such ideas from?!

A wedding and 3 problems

1. Sameera-- The Bridesmaid Dilemma

So she slept with the groom! That's horrible 
If it's true then drinking or any such reasons can't really undo what has been done. But I hope it's just a misunderstanding. Hope that she was too drunk or her eyes were so blinded that she mistook someone else to be the groom. Optimistic thinking πŸ˜†

Happy sappy romance I want.😊

2. Dev ---the Gambler of the RingsπŸ˜‰

So the man in a drunkun and intial small victories stupor gambled away the bride's ring. Uh-oh. He's really in a trouble.
However, if the first problem is really what it seems to be then I don't think the groom is gonna mind much. What's with him sleeping around just the day before the wedding. Chee. Mata Rani paap degi

3. Geet- The Runaway Bride
 She's a vision in white. But alas the marriage jitters! Scribbling a note, skirts scribbling up she runs away.

Giving Mr. MAAN, the benefit of doubt,  I would say poor poor man!  The Samstrom is headed your way, the bestman gambled the ring, O yeah and dear Sir, your bride, yes yes YOUR bride she ran away πŸ˜†

And woman what Detailings you've done. I am totally floored.
It is truth forumversally acknowledged that I am your pankhi but ma'am you are outdoing yourself these days. I am losing my head and heart both. Here,  I serve it in a platter for you. 
Pardon me, I got carried away πŸ˜ƒ yes you do that to me

You have me hooked here.
Want to know what happens next.
Update real soon.

I am so eager to know the fates of  Bhagodi Dulhan, of juwari (as in gambler )sabse accha purush ( Bestman literal meaning in Hindi) , dhokebaaz(supposedly)Dulha and glani aur ghrina se bhari dulhan ki naukrani ( again it's the literal meaning of BridesmaidπŸ˜†)

Thank you so much for writing this

With lots of love
Tumhari  Pankhi
πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by ardentfitzcy - 7 years ago
snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Os or ss???
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
waiting! congrats on the new story
deep002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Congrats for new story, awesome update dear 
preeti.1 thumbnail
Interesti g..whom sameera slept with i thi k its dev
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
intriguing update! superbly written! indeed three problems! seems like there will be no wedding. Sam slept with the groom and feels guilty. Dev worried as he gambled the bride's ring! n Geet runs away frm the wedding! Edited by khwaishfan - 7 years ago
snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Title was so intriguing. But first part has created much more curiosity. Maan has still not entered the scene. Who is he in this. Waiting eagerly for next part.
anmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sounds very interesting!
Now I am hoping it doesnt turn out to be what it seems to be =P