Why Indian shows are remaking several Turkey shows?

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
Why Indian shows are remaking several Turkey shows? First there was a news of Aski Memnu remake starring Samir Soni, Smriti Kalra and Simone Singh. Then there was a news of Fatmagul remake with Pankhuri Awasthy as the lead. Now there is an article of an Indian show doing remake of some Turkey show Suslunkar. Who knows next may be Feriha and Little Lord remakeπŸ˜†. Indian shows are hell bent on doing kachra of foreign showsπŸ₯±. Edited by angel_juhi04 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
they saw Turkish shows got good response so now they want to remake or you can say copy their story...like they did with K-drama...they made KYY from BOF which got popular...but then they made KHDDDK from Heirs which got flop...πŸ˜†
sehar mehrotra thumbnail
Indian makers have most probably run out of ideas πŸ˜†

I mean lets arrange the basic story of the shows in ascending order πŸ˜†

Boy and girl meet <Fall in love (or in some cases they hate each other) <Get married (You know the usual swap weddings 🀣) < Enters the evil saas< Fights< Separation< Divorce < Meet Again < Blah blah blah 

Sometimes the Person you marry might also turn out to be a Naag/Naagin or a Makkhi (So Be Careful who You get Married To 🀣)

I know there are some good shows as well, but they don't even get TRPs and are ended abruptly πŸ˜•

Edited by sehar mehrotra - 7 years ago
Shlroy thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I have watched suskunlar. It was adapted as American TV show too where 4 kids are involved in an accident and are sent to juvenile jail but that jail turns out to be involved in various illegal activities now they have grown up but can't outrun their past. Its a good thriller.
But adaptation of no Turkish serial as Hindi shows will turn out to be good becoz they tend to drag and show over the top drama
OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Its fine to make remakes of world shows but Indian Television does kachra of every remakes. They spoiled novel stories of classic authors with shows like YHM, KKB, MATSH. I only watched Fatmagul among the mentioned shows. Indian remake may show Mustafa or Erdogan as the lead. I don't know anything about Aski Memnu but they can do damage to that show too. I got to know about Suslunkar from the above comment and article about Indian remake of the show. In Suslunkar, they will introduce 4 female leads for 4 male leads along with various vamps.
.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail
in indian remake fatmagul will end up with erdogan...
nd bihter will end up with that oldie raising his family
on topic: the online popularity of these turkish shows has left behind some of the top rated shows of indian tv...
isliye remakes pe remakes
Melkor thumbnail
I guess they feel that remaking Turkish shows will get them audience and ratings.But they are unaware that the audience is used to their age old tricks.πŸ˜†
All the shows start of well but later on they turn into a mess with all the saas bahu stuff for the sake of TRPs.Also Turkish dramas are finite series whereas Indian soaps are dragged endlessly for the sake of TRPs,characters are butchered and what not.

The only successful remakes I have seen till now is KY2 which was a remake of BoF and 24 Season 1.

But I don't agree with one point.If Fatmagul is ever remade in ,she will never ever end up with Erdogan.Be it an Indian remake,American remake or Korean remake,she will end up with Kerim only.I know Indian soaps tend to over dramatise everything.But they will never show a girl falling for a rapist.
When Ek Hasina Thi used to air on SP,Vatsal Sheth who played Shaurya was far more good looking and a better actor than the guy who was paired opp the FL.But the CVs never made the FL fall for the rapist.
Indian dramas can be cliched,OTT at times I agree.But no drama will ever romanticise or glorify a crime as heinous as rape.
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^Indian movies have shown this 

Raja ki Aayegi Baraat and another movie starring Juhi and Anil Kapoor showed how the victim gets her rapist to fall for her.

You are right that they won't change FG story but Musti may turn into some mahaan soul in the endπŸ˜†

Edited by roni_berna - 7 years ago
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: roni_berna

^Indian movies have shown this 

Raja ki Aayegi Baraat and another movie starring Juhi and Anil Kapoor showed how the victim gets her rapist to fall for her.

You are right that they won't change FG story but Musti may turn into some mahaan soul in the endπŸ˜†

Movies I agree.But in the 90s quite a few movies were misogynist like the ones you mentioned.
And if we are talking about movies then it was the same with all the old movies.Not only Indian movies.The the old movie of Fatmagul starring Hulya Avsar was pretty much different from the tv show too.If I am not wrong then in that movie even Kerim had raped her.Also none of the pislisks got punished.

TV series will never make a mockery of a sensitive issue like rape by romanticising it.Not even over dramatic shows. 

Though I agree with you that they may show Musti as some mahaan being for the sake of drama and TRPs.πŸ˜†
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

Movies I agree.But in the 90s quite a few movies were misogynist like the ones you mentioned.

And if we are talking about movies then it was the same with all the old movies.Not only Indian movies.The the old movie of Fatmagul starring Hulya Avsar was pretty much different from the tv show too.If I am not wrong then in that movie even Kerim had raped her.Also none of the pislisks got punished.

TV series will never make a mockery of a sensitive issue like rape by romanticising it.Not even over dramatic shows. 

Though I agree with you that they may show Musti as some mahaan being for the sake of drama and TRPs.πŸ˜†

Hope so what you are saying is true. Else for TRPs, these people have shown the actors being so cruel to the female leads that I've lost hope of watching a normal happy show 

Yes, Musti will be the real hero who has sacrificed FG for Kerim πŸ˜›πŸ˜†