Some observations:)

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi all, I am Amri:) Have some observations that I wanted to share about the show.

1. When I first heard the show was based on Stepmom, I thought that it was redundant and would have no appeal whatsoever, and the promos too were a little underwhelming. But now that I realize that the first wife is still married to him- which can be both a plus and a minus. Plus because they can chart a different sort of dynamic with this situation, minus in that I really hope they don't show a man caught b/w two wives: that is bigamy Anyhoo, I am not jumping the gun because as of now the storytelling is good, and I hope they show something more than a sautan-sautan fight.

2. Disha and Sudeep as Jhanvi and Aditya have really good chemistry even from the scenes that have them accidentally meeting each other .Not really enamoured with the idea of seeing the love story of a married man/father of two kids and a young, bubbly, woman- but these two really make it work โญ๏ธ I hope they provide a good groundwork for establishing the love story and don't make it out to be a sordid affair. In any case Aditya seems to be falling for the breezy, morally upright person that Jhanvi is, so that is great:) I do need a good explanation as to why he doesn't walk out of his marriage though- he should move on only when he has properly divorced Nisha. Or else, it seems like an emotional affair!

3. A little disheartening to see the first wife as an out and out negative character, and seems like they are already pitting Jhanvi's righteousness against Nisha's underhanded ways from the get go. It would be more interesting to see Nisha as a multi-dimensional character instead of an out and out negative one.

4. I am a Disha fan right from her PKDH days, and I am so glad to see her back๐Ÿฅณ She has a soothing screen presence which makes her portrayal very endearing. Same for Ridhi, I loved her in Maryada Lekin Kab Tak- It's nice to see her pushing the envelope with a different faceted character. Sudeep's work I haven't seen so far, but he is lovely so far!๐Ÿ‘ Good casting.

5. Nice co-incidence that the hero here is Aditya too, so many PKDH memories๐Ÿ˜ณ But I digress. The show has promise, and I hope they live up to the potential. But poor me, have to watch both Nakuul and Disha's shows at 10๐Ÿ˜ญ I will make it work somehow:)

Edited by YeHoKyaRahaHai - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: YeHoKyaRahaHai

Hi all, I am Amri:) Have some observations that I wanted to share about the show.

Hi Amri, you can call me Fiz.

1. When I first heard the show was based on Stepmom, I thought that it was redundant and would have no appeal whatsoever, and the promos too were a little underwhelming. But now that I realize that the first wife is still married to him- which can be both a plus and a minus. Plus because they can chart a different sort of dynamic with this situation, minus in that I really hope they don't show a man caught b/w two wives: that is bigamy Anyhoo, I am not jumping the gun because as of now the storytelling is good, and I hope they show something more than a sautan-sautan fight.
I don't think they will show a sauten sauten fight. We've seen Nisha jealous but Jaanvi is soft and gentle. From today's episode we know her dad left their mum for another woman and Jaanvi prayed she would never come between a couple.

2. Disha and Sudeep as Jhanvi and Aditya have really good chemistry even from the scenes that have them accidentally meeting each other .Not really enamoured with the idea of seeing the love story of a married man/father of two kids and a young, bubbly, woman- but these two really make it work โญ๏ธ I hope they provide a good groundwork for establishing the love story and don't make it out to be a sordid affair. In any case Aditya seems to be falling for the breezy, morally upright person that Jhanvi is, so that is great:) I do need a good explanation as to why he doesn't walk out of his marriage though- he should move on only when he has properly divorced Nisha. Or else, it seems like an emotional affair!
The shows about soulmates and i think Aditya and Jaanvi will be each others. The reason Aditya won't divorce Nisha is because of his children and family. He loves them too much and wants to see them happy. Besides till now Nisha hasn't mentioned divorce either. In fact she wants to stay with him and does care for him.

3. A little disheartening to see the first wife as an out and out negative character, and seems like they are already pitting Jhanvi's righteousness against Nisha's underhanded ways from the get go. It would be more interesting to see Nisha as a multi-dimensional character instead of an out and out negative one.
I also hope they don't show Nisha downright negative. She does do everything for the family as an ideal bahu.  She and Aditya have two children. There must have been times when both were happy.

4. I am a Disha fan right from her PKDH days, and I am so glad to see her back๐Ÿฅณ She has a soothing screen presence which makes her portrayal very endearing. Same for Ridhi, I loved her in Maryada Lekin Kab Tak- It's nice to see her pushing the envelope with a different faceted character. Sudeep's work I haven't seen so far, but he is lovely so far!๐Ÿ‘ Good casting.
Agree the choice of cast is good. I'm a Ridhi fan since Maryada. Watched Disha in PKDH, they're both good actresses. Ridhi is a strong actress and she's pulling off Nisha very well.

5. Nice co-incidence that the hero here is Aditya too, so many PKDH memories๐Ÿ˜ณ But I digress. The show has promise, and I hope they live up to the potential. But poor me, have to watch both Nakuul and Disha's shows at 10๐Ÿ˜ญ I will make it work somehow:)
Yes Ridhi and Disha both had Aditya's in their respective shows.

^ Hi Fiz:) 

Oh yeah, Aditya-Priya from Maryadaโค๏ธ A beautiful pair!

The only thing I want as of now is that neither of the ladies are portrayed as extremes: Jhanvi as Miss Goody Goody Two Shoes and Nisha as outright evil character. Hope the story and characterization has more to it than that!
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
THe promos show Jhanvi and the tagline "she can make or break rishtays" so... and cuz she's already shown  as "breezy, morally upright person that Jhanvi is" 
she is obviously going to rectify these relationships. the question is how? 

An Affair doesn't suit her character unless they decide to make Nisha a complete black character, that allows Jhanvi to "save the family" without it being portrayed as an affair.  

I didn't know it would be along the lines of stepmom. so, another theory is that some big dramatic thing happens and kaka or Adi ask jhanvi to live with them and then she starts winning everyone's emotions, etc

Or it could be that she for some reason has to get married to Adi, and that way she can "save the family". In this case, i believe the show will go in the way of the film Judaai. Where Nisha is Shridevi's character.

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Amri! ๐Ÿค—

So u r here too! Its so.difficult for NaSha fans like us to catch up with both IB amd Wo apna sa.. ๐Ÿ˜† I m.trying to balance it but i end up missing either one of d shws

Yet to catch up wid all d epis of this shw.. But frm whatever i hav seen.. Yes I wish tht the first wife isn't an out and out negative character.. Grey YES but why negative ๐Ÿ˜” and in d same way Jhanvi shud also be a bit flawed... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sudeep Disha have a nice chemistry.. Though its nothing like her amazing pairing wid Naks but still...its soothing and refreshing and they'll soon grow on my eyes ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Btw so so sooo happy to.see my butterfly Pankhu back on screen !!! and how lovely does she look??! ๐Ÿ˜ณ tht smile of hers is to die for ๐Ÿ˜ณ โค๏ธ

Originally posted by: dimpled.smile

Hi Amri! ๐Ÿค—

So u r here too! Its so.difficult for NaSha fans like us to catch up with both IB amd Wo apna sa.. ๐Ÿ˜† I m.trying to balance it but i end up missing either one of d shws

Yet to catch up wid all d epis of this shw.. But frm whatever i hav seen.. Yes I wish tht the first wife isn't an out and out negative character.. Grey YES but why negative ๐Ÿ˜” and in d same way Jhanvi shud also be a bit flawed... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sudeep Disha have a nice chemistry.. Though its nothing like her amazing pairing wid Naks but still...its soothing and refreshing and they'll soon grow on my eyes ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Btw so so sooo happy to.see my butterfly Pankhu back on screen !!! and how lovely does she look??! ๐Ÿ˜ณ tht smile of hers is to die for ๐Ÿ˜ณ โค๏ธ

AWW, Shazzy... ๐Ÿค— 

I think I will watch IB on Hotstar or this show on Ozee๐Ÿ˜† I have to make a choice now!๐Ÿ˜›

Totally agree, this show has a nice feel to it and I am liking it. I am actually glad Disha is doing this show, the show she was supposed to do is airing and it's horrendous! So it worked out well for her๐Ÿ˜ณ

I just remembered why I like her so much, she has a soothing screen presence! And Sudeep and Riddhi are awesome too!

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: YeHoKyaRahaHai

AWW, Shazzy...๐Ÿค—

I think I will watch IB on Hotstar or this show on Ozee๐Ÿ˜†I have to make a choice now!๐Ÿ˜›

Totally agree, this show has a nice feel to it and I am liking it. I am actually glad Disha is doing this show, the show she was supposed to do is airing and it's horrendous! So it worked out well for her๐Ÿ˜ณ

I just remembered why I like her so much, she has a soothing screen presence! And Sudeep and Riddhi are awesome too!

Yes this shw has something quite refreshing abt it.. And a nice feel too like u said.. I m glad too tgt DP is doing this instead of tht Life Ok shw.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ hOpe tht this shw becomes a big hit lyk PKDH !!! DP deserves all d success.. She is such a sweet person !! โค๏ธ love her! And ya she has got a very soothing screen presence.. Theres something very pleasant abt her .. ๐Ÿ˜ณ besides being so pretty ๐Ÿ˜ณ
I m liking Sudeep too. And Ridhi is an awezome actress ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Wishing thm all d very best ! Want this shw to be very successful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ