Sharad Kelkar in Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai

Tasha1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
When it comes to roles, substance is what matters for Sharad Kelkar. The actor, who has a penchant for performance-oriented roles, will essay a visually challenged character in TV show, 'Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai'.
Ask him why he agreed to play brother to the heroine (Surbhi Jyoti), and he replies, "There is no protagonist in this show, every character is important. In a way, you can even say that my character leads the show. I am playing a visually challenged man for the first time, which is challenging and exciting. I have watched a few films and plan to rehearse with blindfolds, to perfect my body language. It will be difficult as eyes are the most expressive part for an actor."
About choosing hatke roles, he says, "I have played the hero and anti-hero, and can easily take up a romantic role next. However, if I don't play different characters, I won't grow as an actor. Had I been running after money and fame, I would have taken up a series that would last three years. I would do that only when I don't want to learn as an actor, which will never happen. I don't aspire to become the highest paid actor on TV by working in a daily soap for 25 days a month. I have never repeated myself and I like to break stereotypes. I don't want to chase the tag of a star, I want to be a good actor. When you are a star on TV, you end up getting offers to play similar roles."
When will his wife Keerti Gaekwad, who has been on a break since the birth of their daughter Kesha, make a comeback? "My daughter will turn three next month and will be in school for long hours. That's when Keerti will step out to work. I have told her that I will support all her decisions and she can return to work whenever she chooses. She is a better actor than me and hasn't aged at all. She still looks the same and that's an advantage," Sharad says. The actor will also be seen in an episode-long cameo in 'Maharaja Ranjit Singh' as Bada Bahadur.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Directional. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing. All the best for Sharad.😊
Swatishubh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail