Posted: 7 years ago
Oye balle balle! [:D/]

This is my 500th post!! πŸ₯³

Will post something once I decide on something!! 🀣

I know I'm too much in all this number thingy but can't help that now πŸ˜† πŸ˜›

Till then

Love
Cas❀️

OK so this idea had been going around my head since a while but I couldn't decide upon it but after I read Flibb's post, the mist cleared and this is what I came up with...

This one is dedicated to the star of the forum Flibbertigibbet 😈

Its not half good but I still hope like a retard that you guys like it! πŸ˜† πŸ˜›

OK so here we go...

~~~

You and Me

"Mom are you serious?! Suman as in Sumo?! Pushkar's classmate, that jhalli?!"

Shravan almost shrieked at the other end of the phone line upon hearing his beloved Mom's suggestion.

Meanwhile, Nirmala Malhotra just rolled her eyes at her sons reaction. These stubborn Malhotra men...!

"This isn't happening Mom...no way...!" Shravan kept on rambling and shaking his head in negative.

"But Shravan beta tum ek baar usse baat toh karlo," Nirmala started calmly. She knew she needed to be patient and careful while dealing with her bullheaded son. God bless the poor girl who will marry this 6feet 4 inches man-child!

"Fir tumhara jo bhi faisla hoga woh humme manzoor ho-"

"Mom please! I told you I don't want to get married..." Shravan whined like a ten year old.

"Shaadi ki kahan baat hui? Sirf usse phone pe baat karne hai bas!" Nirmala tried to pacify her London based lawyer son. She was slowly loosing her calm demeanor and they were headed nowhere.

But Shravan clearly refused to budge and listen to whatever his mother was trying to say. Now Nirmala had had enough and she put her foot down, finally.

"Shravan me tumhe uski photo bhej rahi hun, ek baar dekh lena. Ladki bohot acchi hai." Mrs. Malhotra said, leaving no room for any further dissent.

"Yeah right, I know kitni acchi hai woh..." Shravan replied a bit testily. This did not sit well with his mother.

"Mr. Shravan Ramnath Malhotra! Watch your tone!"

Uh-oh

Shravan thought. He was gone now. He had irked his mother and an angry Nirmala Malhotra was a very dangerous Nirmala Malhotra. Someone you wouldn't want to encounter in your life. Ever. Thankfully, he was sitting thousands of miles away from her, so no actual damage would be caused this time around. Phew!

"Is this how you talk about a woman? Is this what I have taught you? And remember young man, she is just not any other girl..."

Nirmala was miffed and she had to show her son where he crossed the line. She didn't like shouting at him but today can be an exception. This was so...dramatic!

"She is my best friend's daughter and your father's mentor's granddaughter. And if you have forgotten, then let me remind you, she is your brother's sister-in-law too..."

Shravan kept mum and sulked while his mom kept on indignantly talking about that girl. He had no choice but to talk to her. His mother would roast him alive if he didn't. He could not win any argument against his mother. Ever.

Indignant, self assured, independent, dominant women! Shravan huffed in defeat.

At last it was decided that Shravan would have a Skype chat with The Girl. His mother would send him her picture. And to add to his miseries, he had now lost the liberty of rejecting her on Skype. Damn his luck!

So how did The Shravan Malhotra land himself in this mess? Oh well the story is simple, really.

His parents were very good friends with their mentor's daughter since years. She was a single mother and had a daughter. Now she also happened to be his cousin brother's best friend and classmate. But now they were going to be a part of their family. How so? Because his cousin was getting married to The Girl's younger cousin.

All of this was fine till here. But Shravan lost it when his mother proposed marriage between him and The Girl. He was currently in London running his successful law firm and would be visiting India for his cousin's wedding in a month. And his family wanted to get him hitched too along with his younger brother. He didn't understand why they had to rush this. But really guys, him and Suman?

Suman Tiwari. The Girl.

Oh no no. Was she even a girl? Shravan always doubted it back in school. Reason you ask? Why, she was a total jhalli! She was the No. 1 Bully of their school and was very bossy and and...!

For Shravan the list of reasons was endless! But now he couldn't back out of this mess. He really wanted whack the person who had proposed this brilliant idea to his mother!

Just then his phone beeped indicating he had received a message. He sighed. His Mom was really bent on this, wasn't she? Damn that was quick!

He reluctantly opened the message and peeked at the picture.

Hmmm beautiful...

Shravan thought subconsciously. But quickly realized his folly and critically examined the aforementioned photo of The Girl.

She still had those big chocolate brown eyes that held a tinge of mischief and the same piggy nose. She had lost the baby fat around her cheeks and her jawline was perfectly defined now. Shravan stared at the heart-shaped face for a while noticing she had a sanskaari look to her with her straight braid and dupatta.

Huh. Shravan closed his phone and went to sleep without giving much thought to either the photo or his mother's proposal. He was supposed to have a Skype session with The Girl tomorrow. And he wasn't exactly looking forward to it...

+++

Shravan sat at his study table in his room, wearing one of his white dress shirts and hair combed back. He took out his nerd glasses and sat waiting for the ping...

He didn't have to wait longer and in no time he sat there looking at Suman Tiwari, brown hair in a braid and wearing a pink kurta with a white duppata. She looked plain with no make up apart from the kohl lining her almond shaped eyes and cherry lip gloss.

There was an awkward silence and then they greeted each other, formally. They were fumbling over words and not knowing what to talk, just kept staring at each other after repeated failed attempts at having a conversation.

Suman seemed really very shy and only kept answering with meek 'Ji' and 'Haan ji Naa ji'. Shravan was a bit exasperated and they soon ended the call. He sighed in relief but he still couldn't wrap up his head around the fact about how much Suman had changed over the years. She seemed a typical Indian girl next door, so not suitable for him. Nah. Not even in a million years!

But what Shravan failed to see was the ripped shorts that Sumo was wearing underneath her kurti!

+++

As soon as the call ended, Sumo sighed in relief.

She got up from her table and threw the offending dupatta on her bed. The kurti followed suit, leaving her in a blue crop top and her ripped shorts.

What a dork!

Sumo thought to herself. He was so not fit for her. Nah. Never in a million years!

+++

"Scotch on rocks, please." Shravan ordered a drink for himself after getting comfortable on the bar stool.

He looked around himself at some of the familiar faces from school and some unfamiliar ones. He had landed in Delhi the other night and after sleeping for the better part of the day, he had come to the pre-wedding party that his cousin had organized for his friends. He had entered in a while back and it looked like he was a bit late.

A lot of people were already drunk and the dancefloor was lit!

He had yet to spot his brother in the crowd but the dim light and loud music was making it difficult for him to do. But just then he saw him, on the dancefloor with some girl. He raised his hand to catch his attention and after some time his cousin came towards him upon noticing him.

"Bhaiya aap late ho!" Pushkar complained once he was within earshot. He came forward and embraced his brother. Shravan just rolled his eyes at him.

"Chhote mei toh kabka aagaya hun! Tu hi bohot busy hai!" Shravan retorted taking a sip from his drink.

"Ab Bhaiya, bakra hallal hone jaa raha hai toh usses pehle thoda jashan mana le, mauj karle toh usme harj hi kya hai!"

"Then enjoy these last two weeks of your bachelorhood...who knows if you'll ever get the golden chance again or not..."

Shravan said over the rim of his glass, giving him a pointed look.

"Oh no Bhai! Its nothing like that...I was just joking. And let me tell you, there are eyes spying on me here..." Pushkar replied sneakily, trying his best to impersonate an undercover spy.

"Your fiancee is here?" Shravan asked, raising an elegant brow while indicating the bartender for another drink.

"No no, not her. Its her elder sister, the bane of my existence, my best friend Sumo!"

Shravan was surprised upon hearing that. Suman? In a club? Late at night? That didn't sound like her though...

He started looking around the club to look for her straight braid and salwar-kurta. He was sipping his drink when his world tilted on its exis!

He had spotted her and how! Was that really her? No no it can't be! But it really was her!!

She was on the dance floor, wearing a black dress that hugged her tall frame perfectly matched with a pair of strappy heals. Her long hair war curled and was it the lights or she really had highlights in her hair? She turned and exposed the deep back along with a tattoo!

Shravan spit out his drink in utter shock. He chocked and coughed while Pushkar patted his back, trying to calm him down.

<font color="orange" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Dekh tera rang saawla
Hua baawla
Ladki mili toh
Garam maamlaa
</font>

Shravan still couldn't believe what he was seeing in front of his eyes!! He was shocked to his very core, to say the least!

While he was still trying to wrap his mind around this, the object of his consternation was dancing away on the floor, the crowd cheering her on.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Aree ladki beautiful
Kar gayi chul..
</font>
"Bhai kya hua?! Aap thik toh ho?" Pushkar asked, concerned.

Shravan just absentmindedly nodded, staring unabashedly at Suman, no Sumo...

He really had the wrong impression of her till now. This had to be rectified. Soon.

+++

Shravan got his chance when the responsibility of handling and coordinating the wedding preps fell on his shoulders. This meant he would get ample chances of getting to talk and know Sumo.

Oh well.

There was Suman and then there was Sumo. Suman was the obedient and responsible Miss Goody Two Shoes.

While Sumo was the wild child, rebellious and sassy and dhaakad.

But he didn't mind that. Infact he wanted to know both of them...after so long something or someone had piqued his interest.

+++

It was the sangeet ceremony and everyone had gathered at the Malhotra's adobe for the celebrations. Suman was wearing a traditional cream and magenta lengha and looked every bit the beautiful girl next door. She had done a fabulous job on the arrangements and everyone was all praises for her.

<font color="red" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Navrai majhi laadachi laadaachi ga
Avada hila chandraachi chandrachi ga
Navrai majhi navsaachi navasachi ga
Apsara jashi indraachi indrachi ga..
</font>

Suman was dancing with the other ladies, a radiant smile adoring her face. Her joy and energy at whatever she did was infectious!

Mom stood up and joined her, both of them laughing their hearts out.

+++

The haldi and mehndi functions were held in the huge gardens of Tiwari Villa, pink and orange drapes hanging on the parallel beams and swishing with the wind.

<font color="red" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Baurai chali sharmaati ghabraati wo
Piya ke ghar ithlaati balkhaati wo
Surmai naina chhalkaati-chhalkati wo
Piya ke ghar bharmaati sakuchaati wo
</font>

Again this was Sumo's idea. He had objected and suggested they go for a classy dcor rather than a peppy one but she had refused to budge. After one hell of an argument, he had conceded defeat.

What he had realized though was, besides his Mom, Sumo was the only other woman against whom he won't be able to win an argument easily. She was just as stubborn as him.

+++

The wedding day had arrived and Pushkar was a sight to behold. When the baarat reached Tiwari Villa, Shravan's breath stuck in his mouth. She stood there in her turquoise lengha looking mesmerizing.

<font color="red" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Choonar mein iske sitaare
Saare chamkile chamkile chamkile
Kangan main iske bahaarein
Paajeb hariyale hariyale hariyale
</font>

The wedding rituals were on and Suman all engrossed in them, a far away dreamy look on her face. Shravan was curious as to what she might be thinking. About her own wedding?

His Mom came and stood besides him when the pheras started. Suddenly he was curious about something.

"Mom, why did you think Sumo was a good match for me?"

Nirmala smiled slightly while showering flower petals on the couple in front of them. She saw Suman and Priya across them, deep in conversation.

"Maa, why did you think Shravan was a good match for me?"

"Kunki tumhe jehlnaa sirf uske bas me hai..."

Both Nirmala and Priya said at the same time to their equally stubborn children. Both of them smiled at each other from across the holy fire. Things would work out it seemed...

+++

The bidaai was a beautifully painful event. It was the end of one phase of life for the bride and it signified the beginning of the new journey of the blessed couple.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Suniyo ji isko, rakhiyo jatan se
ye badi naazuk hai, naazuk hai, nazuk
Kali yeh anmol, kali yeh anmol
Aao ji aao thumka lagao
Zara behko ji, behko ji, behko
Khushiyon ke baaje dhol..

</font>
Suman had tears in her eyes and she did not hide them. She looked happy as well as sad. Shravan had an urge to go up to her and wipe those tears off her innocent face. By now he knew he was a goner...

+++

"Toh meh rishtaa pakka samjhu?"

Both the mothers stood facing each other, hands folded in namaste, barely containing their joy and excitement. Their kids locked their gazes and after a while nodded simultaneously.

<font color="red" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Aankhon mein iske ishaare
Bade nakhrile nakhrile nakhrile
Sapnon ke laakhon nazaare
Saare rangeele rangeele rangeele
</font>

Suman's eyes were sparkling and she had a light blush creeping up her neck and cheeks. That was new and Shravan wondered what would make her blush harder?

He had a lot of time to figure that out now...

<font color="orange" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">To new beginnings...</font>

The End

So?

@Flibb: Jahaan panaah, tussi great ho! Tohfa qubool karo!!

I know its a bit rushed and too long but I just had to get it out of my system yaar!

If you like it then hit the like button and don't forget to comment...

Till next time

Love
Cas ❀️

P.S. Posting at this ungodly hour?! 😲
Sorry too many updates got me distracted πŸ˜†

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS
Edited by Castile2 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_anukulgr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
RES  πŸ˜†πŸ˜† This is my 760 postπŸ˜‰...will comment on yrs when u postπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
evaviego thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You could have posted the other part of the TS as your 500th post na... Humare liye bhi acha hota..!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
_anukulgr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: evaviego

You could have posted the other part of the TS as your 500th post na... Humare liye bhi acha hota..!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Ha yaar...16 aane saachi vaat cheπŸ‘πŸΌ
CarpeDiem_365 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
We don't mind till we are getting special no. Posts!! πŸ˜‰
Castile2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: evaviego

You could have posted the other part of the TS as your 500th post na... Humare liye bhi acha hota..!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yep I could have! But usme woh feel kahan?! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›
And I need to be in the 'mood' you know... πŸ˜†
Sunain thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ressi resπŸ˜ƒ
wil surely unres by now as soon as i finish reading itπŸ˜‰
wil be back soon😳
Unress

Casi!!!πŸ˜ƒ
Hii at this ungodly hourπŸ˜†
Casi i wanna say i didnt liked it...na aa...but just Loved it...ALOT!!!

Just finished it...n i must say u have adapted a healthy obsession of spellbounding me by ur incredible writting skillsπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
As always ready to present us a beautiful update which only not bring smile on my face but makes my heart swell with adoration n respect for u...really u killed it!
Outstanding OS...was quite different.
U knw u made my one wish come true...i'll tell u how..by the bar scene...i so wanted a scene like tht n finally u wrote it so thanks for thtπŸ˜‰
Coming to the songs choice...apt one!...larko beautiful is my fav😳...tht was perfectly placed];)]
The part where thy both asked their respective Moms tht why thy choose thm for eachother...tht part n their Momz reply part was❀️...truly loveliest!
The ending was cute but made me upset...coz i wanted MORE..i dont knw but u always end a chap in such a way tht i tend to crave for more n more n cant help it😳
Really u did a stupendous job!πŸ‘
Hope to get more n more such cutiii upiizz from u soonπŸ˜›
big beary one for my pumkinπŸ€—

Love
Sunain ❀️

Edited by Sunain - 7 years ago
deltadawn thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 ladki beautiful would go so well on Sumo..  bombshell u created..
πŸ‘πŸΌ  awesome OS.
Sunain thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Mera bhiπŸ˜ƒ
Btw CONGOS for ur 500th post πŸ₯³ Edited by Sunain - 7 years ago
nileshni679 thumbnail
Marvelously penned something different and unique as well. Loved it.