YRF find Anya Singh to debut with Kapoor Kousin Aadar Jain!

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Debutante Anya Singh to be paired opposite Kareena Kapoor Khan's cousin Aadar Jain in YRF's film!

December 4, 2016 Apoorva Nijhara 52326 reads 8 comments

After Karisma, Kareena and Ranbir, the next generation of Kapoors is all set to enter the Bollywood film industry! The newcomer Aadar Jain, who is a cousin to the Kapoors and Raj Kapoor's grandson, is being launched by Aditya Chopra.

Now, as per reports, debutante Anya Singh will be paired opposite Aadar in Aditya Chopra's film. Anya is from Delhi and YRF has already given a launch pad to the female actors like Bhumi Pednekar and Parineeti Chopra. 

Aditya Chopra will launch on the same scale as Ishaqzaade, in a romantic drama helmed by Habib Faisal. Are you ready to welcome this new Jodi - Aadar Jain and Anya Singh?

Tell us in the comments section below!
Edited by clarity - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
disgusted by this whole culture of producing more and more star kids
CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Most of the Kapoor men are so..average looking
I thought she is RS's cousin
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Revealed: Anya Singh is the new Yash Raj heroine!

By Mohar Basu | Posted 05-Dec-2016
 230 229 1 0 0

'Daawat-e-Ishq' director Habib Faisal's hunt for the leading lady of his upcoming musical-drama ends with newbie Anya Singh

Anya Singh. Pic/Rohan Shrestha

Bouncing back from the failure of 'Daawat-e-Ishq' (2014), director Habib Faisal is set to roll with his next, shortly. The project has come under the spotlight over the last few months for multiple reasons.

It began with the story being a little too similar to Nikkhil Advani's 'Lucknow Central', starring Farhan Akhtar and Kriti Sanon " about jail inmates forming a rock band. Then, in the wake of the Uri attacks, the production house was rumoured to have dropped leading man, Danyal Zafar (Ali Zafar's younger brother) following a ban on Pakistani artistes in India.

It was only last week that Habib got on board Ranbir Kapoor's cousin, Aadar Jain (son of Raj Kapoor's daughter Rima Jain), to fill Danyal's shoes. Now, Delhi girl Anya Singh has been signed on as the female lead.

Shanoo Sharma, casting director of YRF, which is backing the project, says, "Adi [Aditya Chopra, producer] always pushes me to go out and find new talent. When casting for this film, we were trying to get girls from Delhi, Chandigarh and other cities. Anya was the result of the hunt to find the next Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma. We wanted someone to come out of nowhere, lead regular lives and conquer the industry. Anya filled that spot for me. She came out of nowhere and landed a three-film deal with YRF."

Shanoo had first met Anya at a restaurant about two years ago. "A year later, I was sitting at a coffee shop and she walked in after workout to grab a cuppa. We discussed everything she had been up to in the past year. That very day, I sent her to audition for the part and two rounds later, she was selected. She is the kind of girl I would chat with at a pub, if I bumped into her."

Shanoo adds Habib had shot down hundreds of aspirants before Anya. "She gave a crackling audition. Habib sir said, 'I am liking her, show me more.' She is a bit of a child, but that's what will work in favour of the film's story."

Bollywood should be renamed as Nepotiwood
hasini009 thumbnail
bring it on. Khans ka zamana gaya. ab Bollywood will be ruled by Kapoor Khandan 😆
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sorry ,his name sounds like Aadar card...no offense !
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
We already knew he is soon to be launched. She is an outsider though. 
When will Alvia Jaffery be launched? 
aurora-borealis thumbnail
Omg so many star kids. Why are they all debuting at the same time. Luckily the audience can't be paid off so the useless ones will be weeded out(hopefully).

The girl is pretty..hopefully she's talented. BW is in serious need of new faces.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This girl is an outsider no? She's very pretty! Looks a lot like Riya Sen.
Chalo at least there should be a little less cribbing! 😆