Plethora - A ShraMan TS - 27/11

orion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

This is getting out of hand. When I have a block, I don't write for weeks, when the block is gone all I want to do is to write. The only issue is I have a million other things to do. But once an idea strikes it has to get inked. So I'm back with yet another "How I would have liked it to play out". These spinoffs would have me rewrite nearly the whole show if my imagination has its way.

Anyway, this one is placed on the eve of the PreeKar wedding. I disliked the wedding and all of the ShraMan moments around that time as well...

This one starts exactly when Suman's wedding with Aditya is announced. Not exactly fluff, not exactly dreary. This one is the return of Shravan Malhotra, sort off. Hope it intrigues you as much as it does me. Not proofread so ignore mistakes if any.

This is a TS and I hate breaking the story so you'll find both the parts here.

This one is especially for all of you who have supported me, prayed and are continuing to do so most ardently. It means a hell of a lot to me!

PLETHORA    

PART ONE

Shravan couldn't believe his ears. Was this really happening? His world began to spin as unshed tears pricked his eyes. He looked at Sumo in disbelief. Was it so easy for her? To disregard everything that had surpassed between them. Did she really not feel an ounce of love or a drop of pain that he felt. Was she really so oblivious or it didn't matter at all? Maybe he never really meant a thing to her. Maybe all they shared was an elaborate set up, to use him. To use him till he was useful. The moment she found a better suitor, one that would dance to her tunes, one that wouldn't question her, she let go of him. Even in his thoughts it all seemed so wrong. His Sumo? The master manipulator? Could she? All that they shared couldn't possibly be a lie, not all of it. What seemed off was the timing of it all. She had grown distant and hurtful since the wedding was announced. Yes she had ego but was the torment she put him through all ego? Why did her eyes light up for a few moments when she saw him? Was he imagining it all? His heart was starting to get heavier and his breath now came in fast gasps. With a lot of effort he managed to look up at Suman. She looked shocked and disinterested. Their eyes met and Shravan saw his pain mirrored in them. Why was she hurting if she herself agreed for the marriage?

Congratulations were in order. Pleasantries were exchanged. Pushkar looked at Shravan gravely understanding what he must be going through. Preeti bent down her head in pain for she was the reason two hearts in love would never be together. Shravan couldn't take it anymore. With a broken heart and dwindling resolve he left. He drove aimlessly around the streets of Delhi. His life seemed to have lost purpose all of a sudden.

Panic rose in Suman the moment she couldn't see Shravan. She knew it must have killed him. He loved her. He wanted to marry her. Her constant outbursts didn't push him away but this surely would. A fleeting thought crossed her mind. Did he read her eyes? For a moment there she thought he did. She thought he felt her displeasure with this alliance. Someone called out to her breaking her thought process. It was time for Preeti's bidaai and she was needed as the elder daughter of the house. She smiled painfully, that's all she ever was. The responsible one. She hoped that one day she could have her heart's beckoning.

It had been a few hours since the wedding was wrapped up. Suman sat on the floor of her room bawling her eyes out whilst talking to her mother's picture. "Maa.. Itne saalon mai maine kabhi bhi himmat nahi haari. Par aj, aj aaisa lagta hai ke sab kuch phir se chinn gaya ho mera. Aj bohot yaad aa rahi hai aapki. Apne paas bula lo na mujhe..." She clutched the photo to her chest as she let all the pain flow out through her.

As though he knew her heart yearned for him, he pushed the window of her room open and walked right in as if he had all the rights to do so. Suman looked up petrified at the intrusion but relaxed immediately as she saw the intruder was none other than her solace. "Tum yahan iss waqt?" She didn't bother wiping away her tears. He had surely cried. He sat beside her and let a few moments of silence pass. To him just breathing in the same vicinity as she did was healing. He knew that even if there was nothing she could do about his pains, just telling her about them made the pain half. "You hurt me.." Said he honestly.

Suman looked at him astonished. She hadn't expected him to ever see her again after all she had done. But he came. And his brutal honesty was enough for her to let go of any resolve she had in her. She placed her head on his shoulder and clasped his arm in both her hand tightly as she wept into him. A few muffled sobs made their way out his throat as he tried hard to find strength.

"Why?" Asked he pained.

"I can't..." she said sobbing.

"You can't what Sumo?"

"Can't tell you.." She completed, pulling away from him. She knew they would never work. His father hated her. She couldn't destroy her family for her happiness.

"Why..."

"I just can't.. Please leave."

"Sumo" He whispered.

The vulnerability almost had her blurt out the truth but she got a grip of herself.

"Sumo, please don't do this."

"Shravan, tum jao yahan se.."

"Chala jaaonga. Bas mujhe meri baat keh lene do.."

"Sun rahi hoon mai.."

"Sumo, hum dono.. Hum.. humko shabdon ki kabhi zaroorat nahi padi. Bas ek doosre ki aankhe padh liya karte the hum. Tumko kabhi meri aankhon mai tumhare liye py..."

"Bas Shravan." She cut him midway. If he confessed she would melt and that would be detrimental to a lot many people. Just for the sake of Shravan and her happiness she wouldn't ruin it all. Shravan looked at her disheartened. "Bohot bardasht kar liya maine. Meri shaadi ho rahi hai. Aur mere hone wale pati tum nahi ho. Tumhara yahan itni raat gaye hona galat hai. This is the last time I'm politely asking you to leave."

"Yeh baat kuch der pehle toh tumko yaad nahi thi. Jab mujh se lipat kar ro rahi thi. Tab kyun yeh yaad nahi tha ke shaadi ho rahi hai tumhari aur mujh se nahi.."

Suman was tongue-tied. She found her semblance and spoke, "Tum dost the mere. Maa ki yaad aa rahi thi, toh ro li thoda. Mujhe nahi laga tha tum iss baat ko itna badha doge.."

"Dost?" he whispered his voice shattered. "Tha?" if words could kill, these two words would suffice. Dost, he thought himself a lover and tha, he thought they still had something, but the tense of the word was sufficient to tell him it was all over.

"Haan, the. All that has happened in the past few weeks, I'm sure you know by now that I'm done with you." She said steeling herself although breaking him.

"Was it that simple? To disregard my presence in your life."

"A decade is enough to teach a lot many things. And I'm stronger when I'm by myself. Besides, Aditya is a great guy. He will support me though..."

"Really!" said Shravan venomously. "If that really is the case then why do you cringe each time he touches you. Why are you disinterested each time he talks. Why did I see pain in your eyes when the wedding was announced?"

Suman felt her heart leap. So he did see the pain. But the very next instant reality took over. She had to make sure he believed she was happy. For his sake, for the sake of his life. "That's between me and my husband to be. You need to get your eyes checked. Cringe? Rather the opposite. He makes me feel things I never knew myself capable of. Disinterested? Yes in his talks, for there is much more I want to do to him. Pain? Yes for the fact that I'll be leaving my family. But be rest assured I'm beyond happy right now." She finished driving the last nail in the coffin. She saw anger, fear, hate, disgust all flash in his eyes.

Without another word he left as he came. Silently. She fell to the ground as hot tears made their way down her cheeks.

Shravan sat in his car, numb. Aditya made her feel things? She wanted to do much more to him? His heart bled. He felt it. His step brother. Stole his mom, gave her the son she wanted. He also managed to steal his love and make her want to... "Aaahhh!" He let out an agonized scream. Suman heard it but thought best to leave him be. He needed to let it all out. She knew what it felt like to smile with pieces of broken soul; she didn't wish the same fate on him.

-------------------------

"Mummiji, aap ab tak jaag rahe ho?" Asked a groggy Vandy.

"Haan nahi toh! Itne bade kaand ke baad neend kahan aani thi mujhe..!" said an annoyed Kamini.

"Kaand Mummiji?"

"Haan! Ek toh mere puttar Pushkar ki shaadi us middle class Preeti se ho gayi.."

"Oh come on Mummyji! Yeh toh humko pata hi than a hone wala hai.. aap bhi!"

"Haan haan meri samjhdaar bahu!"

Vandy thanked her for the complement and Kamini rolled her eyes at her daughter in law's stupidity.

"Doosra yeh puttarji ke Suman us Aditya se shaadi kar rahi hai.."

"Toh accha hai na, humari jaan chooti.." Quipped Vandy.

"Bevakoof! Agar uski shaadi Aditya se ho gayi toh uski shaadi Shravan se nahi hogi na..." Said she trying to drill the point home.

"Toh?" Said Vandy eyes big and mouth a big O.

"Beta! Shravan se Suman ki shaadi hona zaroori hai! Ramnath Bhaisaab ko unki hi chaal mai maat deni hai, mere Pushkar puttar ko bakra banake unko kya lagta hai? Mai chupp baith jaoongi.. Arey mai..."

"KAMINI!" Thundered Ramnath. He had heard all of it. His very own aide was plotting to ruin his only son's happiness and he wouldn't have it.

"Tumhari himmat kaise hui!"

It was divine intervention that a very broken a very hurt Shravan had just walked into his home. Hearing his father's thundering voice from the enclosed garden gave him inkling that something was definitely wrong. He slowly walked towards the source of the sounds and stopped right by the door.

"Tum samjhti kya ho khud ko? Mere bete ki zindagi se door raho! Tum usko barbaad karti rahogi aur mai karne doonga... Kamini you don't know who you're messing with."

Shravan figured his Chachi was up to some mischief again and his father as always was trying to shield him from all the pain. He may have been cursed as far as other relations were concerned, but in the dad department he sure did luck out. His notions however didn't last long. For as Kamini spoke now, he felt his heart constrict for the second time this evening.

"Oh accha! Mai zindagi barbaad kar rahi hoon uski? Arey koi aur kya uska kuch bigaadega, uska apna baap hi usko tabah karne ki firaaq mai hai.."

Vandy was starting to get scared the way things were playing out. She backed off a bit standing as a silent spectator not wanting to be subject of their wraths. Shravan on the other hand was highly confused but stayed put. As the events played out, it all started to get clearer.

"Kamini! Enough!"

"Arey re Bhaisaab. Abhi toh maine kuch kaha hi nahi hai. Kahiye bata doon Shravan puttar ko ke uski maa ko usse cheenne waale aap. Uske bachpan ko barbaad karne waale aap. Uski zindagi aj jahan aake khadi hai woh sab aapka kia dhara hai.. bata doon?"

"Tumhe kya lagta hai? Mera beta, jo mujhe apna bhagwaan maanta hai tum par bharosa kar lega?" He said laughing maniacally.

"Haan, kyun nahi? Tiwariji, Uski maa, Suman, jab sab ek hi baat kahenge toh kyun nahi maanega who bhala?"

Ramnath knew that if Tiwariji spoke Shravan would believe and that was enough to set him into overdrive. "Tum jurrat bhi mat karna usse kuch kehne ki!"

"Warna?" asked Kamini defiant. "Kya kar sakte ho aap? Aur bacha kya hai? Mere Pushkar ki toh bali aapne chada di apne bete ko bachane ke liye. Uss Suman bechari ko bhi..."

A crash sound made them turn around to its source. Shravan stood there shell shocked. His hand had managed to tip off the vase that adorned a side table. "Shravan..." exclaimed Ramnath.

Shravan merely began to move backwards shaking his head in the negative. His mind had shut off. He couldn't fathom what was really happening.

"Shravan beta meri baat suno.." spoke Ramnath. Kamini smiled at her luck. She didn't move a finger and all was done.

"Shravan!"

Turning a deaf ear Shravan ran up the stairs entered his room and shut the door behind him. His father kept banging the door trying to get through to him but Shravan was beyond lost. He sat by the door trying to make sense of it all. But sense didn't prevail. A person could take only so much. He lost his love, he lost his dad, and he lost it all.

Meri bebasi ka bayaan hai

Bas chal raha na iss ghadi

Meri bebasi ka bayaan hai

Bas chal raha na iss ghadi

His father was the writer of his torment. Years of his pain weren't enough for that man to melt. He saw him struggle to live but never budged. What was it about Sumo? Did he manipulate her too? Even if she did, why did she? Why did she let go off him? Did he not deserve the truth? Did he not deserve the benefit of the doubt? He may have disregarded all she said but was he not worth the try? A million questions plagued his mind. He could feel pain searing through his body. He felt anger. Anger like he'd never felt before. Anger, which made him feel like he would either kill someone or himself, perish. He got up on shaky feet and paced around the room. He raked his fingers through his hair distraught. Why why why resonating through his being. He tore open the upper half of his sherwani as it kept getting more and more difficult for him to breath. He grabbed a bottle of perfume and smashed it on the mirror.

Ramnath panicked hearing the sound. "Shravan!! Beta darwaza kholo! Let me explain.." He kept yelling. No sound however reached Shravan's ears as his being vibrated only with anguish.

Ras hasrat ka nichod doon

Kas baahon mein, aa tod doon

Chaahoon kya, jaanu naa

Cheen loon, chodd doon

Iss lamhe kya kar jaaun

Iss lamhe kya kar jaaun..

The sounds in the room started to increase as everything from show pieces to furniture began being hurled around the room. But Shravan's anger was far from being satiated. He let out a painful cry of help. By now Ramnath had procured the keys to Shravan's room and rushed in. He was aghast at what he saw. The room was a mess. Broken pieces of wood and glass spurred across. As he made his way in he saw drops of blood leading to the closet. Shravan was on his knees, his hands let loose on either side, his head hung low. "Shravan?"

He didn't respond. "Shravan beta.." said Ramnath placing his hand on his son's shoulder.

"Beta nahi hoon mai aapka." Said Shravan in a deathly tone.

"Shravan?"

"Don't touch me!"

"Beta mujhe samjhane ka mauka toh do."

"Kya samjhayenge aap?" he said looking straight in his so-called father's eyes.

Ramnath was taken aback at the intensity blazing in Shravan's eyes. He was an inferno waiting to gut down all that came in its wake. "Beta mai.."

"Kaha na maine aap se! Beta mat kehna!"

"Shravan maine jo kia, I just wanted what was best for you.."

Shravan laughed clapping his hands, "Best! Define best Mr. Ramnath Malhotra."

"Shravan?"

"You've done enough. And I've had enough.." he said plainly.

"Beta kitna khoon beh raha hai, let me.."

"Enough! Beh jaano do, aapko isse kya? Itne saalon tak dard mai raha, aapko farq pada? Nahi. Toh ab yeh ehsaan mat karo."

"Shravan please. Aaisa mat bolo.. Mai baap hoon tumhara. Parvah hai tumhari, jo kia tumhara bhala sochke kia.."

"Look at me. Does it look like you did the right thing?"

Ramnath couldn't look him in the eye anymore. The ruins their lives were in was a direct indication of how much wrong he had inflicted. "Beta..."

Shravan got up and took off. This time around Ramnath didn't call out to him. The damage was done. Shravan set off on foot trying to find peace. The cold winds did nothing to reduce the burn he felt. He sat on a bench by the road. A lone tear made it's way down his face.

Iss lamhe kya kar doon main

Jo mujhe chain mile, aaraam mile

Aur ho

Aur ho

Saans ka shor ho

Aanch bhi aur badhe

Aur ho

Aur ho

Saans ka shor ho

Taap bhi aur chadhe

Aur ho

Aur ho

Aur mile hum aur bhi jal jaaye

Enough Shravan. You're a grown man! Dil toota hai, bharosa toota hai, tum nahi toote. Tum Shravan Malhotra ho. The Shravan Malhotra. This is not the first time the world has given you a death sentence and you've survived. You can do this again. Woh log dete rahe dard, tum mehsoos mat karo. Who log dete hai dhoka, tum bharosa mat karo. Pyaar ki umeed nahi hogi toh dil tootne ka dard nahi hoga. Kisi pe bharosa nahi karoge toh dhoka nahi hoga. Tum hi ho apne liye Shravan. Duniya mai koi kisi ka nahi hota. Get a grip on yourself.

He looked at his bloodied hands and realized that all of this was futile. No matter how hard you try, no matter how far you run, this blood, this is their blood. It will always flow in you. You can't outrun the very people who brought you into the world without finishing yourself. And I'm not quite done with living. There are a million dreams that sit unfulfilled. I will meet my maker. I will outrun them, but not today. His decision was made. Enough of running. Enough of being the sad and tormented guy. I will be me. Not the Shravan of yore, not this Shravan Malhotra. No names. Just me. Unabashedly me. The world can go f**k itself. 

--------------------

Scroll down for part two.

Edited by orion23 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

orion23 thumbnail

PART TWO

Suman was awoken by her cell phone. "Shravan?" she whispered and sprang to her feet and looked around for her phone. It was Ramnath Malhotra. "What does he want now! Hasn't he snatched away enough." She thought. The 4th time he called she answered for Shravan's safety popped in her head. He was very hurt last night. What if? No. No. She answered the call, "Hello?"

"Oh thank God Suman tum ne phone utha liya. Beta Shravan wahan hai?"

Now Suman was truly worried. For Ramnath addressed her as beta, that only happened when there was something wrong. "Shravan nahi hai yahan.."

"Tumse milne nahi aya woh?" asked he sounding surprised.

"Nahi, woh mujhse milne kyun aayega?"

"Nahi kuch nahi.. woh aaye ya uska phone aaye toh mujhe batana."

"Par hua kya hai?"

He cut the call before answering. Suman dialed Shravan's number but it kept going to voice mail. "Where are you Shravan?" She mouthed.

----------------------

Shravan had reached home in the wee hours of the morning to find his father sleeping with his head resting on the dining table. He walked passed straight up to his room. He got cleaned up and bandaged his own wounds; he didn't need anybody's help any more. His fun was constantly buzzing, he got up and saw it was Suman. The girl who got manipulated by his father and brutally crushed his heart. Some part of him still wanted to answer the call, for his heart yearned to hear her voice. But he didn't. A while later his phone buzzed again. It was Nanaji. He worried something must have happened to Nanu's health and hence the constant calls. He answered, "Nanu theek toh hai Sumo?" assuming that it was Suman who had called using Nanu's phone since he didn't answer hers.

"Arey beta. Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe. Tum dono bacche kitni parvah karte ho meri."

"Nanu?"

"Toh aur kaun phone karega mere phone se?"

"Sorry mai... chodiye, itni subha phone kia, sab theek hai?"

"Haan beta, tum se kuch zaroori baat karni thi. Toh tum ghar aa jao."

"Nanu mai nahi aa paaonga, mujhe bohot kaam hai." Shravan didn't want to go to Tiwari Killa. He didn't want to meet Suman. Never again he thought.

"Beta mai jaanta hoon tum bohot busy rehte ho. Par kuch der aa jao. Tumhare iss Nanu ko kuch baat karni hai tum se.."

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't turn this man down. Besides he did have a few questions for the wise old man. He had after all kept the truth of his parent's relationship under wraps all these years. "Theek hai Nanu, aata hoon."

-----------------------

Shravan set out and his father was no longer at the dining table. He didn't bother much and left.

Pushkar had been alerted by his mother of the happenings of last night. Highly worried he dialed Shravan, who didn't answer. He rushed to Shravan's room to see if he had returned and was shocked at the havoc that had been wrecked. He saw blood and panicked. "Yahan khoon hai!" He yelled. "Bhaiya ko chot aayi hai."

Suman who had arrived to take Preeti home for her pagpheras was aghast. She ran upstairs and the full force of what had happened hit her. She knew he was a sensitive man. She knew he held her dear and yet she broke him so hard. "Kahan hoga woh? Pushkar woh theek toh hoga na?"

"I hope so Sumo.."

He phone buzzed and it was Nanu. "Beta, jaldi ghar aa jao Preeti ko lekar. Baat karni hai tum se."

"Nanu sab theek toh hai?"

"Haan abhi tak toh theek hi hai, tu aja."

"Ji" Saying she cut the call.

"Pushkar Shravan ko dhoondh, kuch bhi kar uska pata laga. Usko kuch nahi hona chahiye." She requested.

"Tu ja Preeti ko lekar. Mai karta hoon kuch."

-----------------------

Shravan went straight to Nanu's room. "Namaste Nanu."

"Aa gaya beta, aa baith."

"Kahiye" said Shravan taking a seat.

"Itni jaldi hai tujhe? Pehle ek baazi ho jaye.."

"Nanu mai.."

"Haan haan busy hai, chal baith chup chap."

He did as asked. And the board was set. "Aj haarega ya jeetega?" quizzed the oldie.

"Bohot haar liya mai. Ab aur nahi."

Nanu knew the meaning ran deeper but decided not to probe further.

Suman had arrived with Preeti and Aditya had reached a few moments later. "Arey Suman beta, zara haath laga de." Said Mamiji.

"Woh Mamiji Nanu ko kuch kaam hai, mai.."

"Arey Babuji toh Sharvan ke saath shatranjh khel rahe hai, tu yeh kar de phir chali jaa.."

"Shravan! Woh yahan hai!"

"Toh itna kyun chauk rahi hai, Shravan hi toh hai, chal haath laga."

----------------------

"Nanu aap bataoge mujhe kyun bulaya?" said Shravan giving sheh aur maat to Nanu.

"Aj toh hara diya tune mujhe! Kya baat hai Shravan? Kiska gussa hai jo apne Nanu pe nikal rahe ho?"

"Aaisi koi baat nahi hai.."

"Accha?"

"Ji.."

"Chal aja, neeche chal."

"Nanu aap baat ko ghooma kyun rahe ho? Jo hai saaf saaf bol do."

"Aja chal.." He didn't answer.

As they descended the stairs they saw Suman doing some chore and Aditya fluttering around her. Suman tried to lift something but slipped. Aditya held her tight, and pulled her into himself. Shravan's blood boiled. No Shravan. Not again. Dil ke chakkar mai mat phas. Yeh pyaar bharosa sab bakwas hai. He told himself.

Roke se na ruke

Yeh na thake

Aandhi si jo chale inn saason ki

Pata bhi na chale

Kahaan pe kya jale

Hai darr se, Tann Mann ki,

Siharan se, Hasrat ki

Sulgan se

Bhadke aur

Shola shola jale bujhe dhuaan dhuaan o

Dhuaan dhuaan lage mujhe dhuaan dhuaan o

Nanu saw the change in Shravan's expressions. His experienced eyes need but this much of surety.

"Aditya! Beta abhi shaadi ki sirf baat hui hai. Shaadi nahi hui."

"Rehne dijiye Nanu, ye haj ki generation hai, shaadi hui ho ya nahi, inko sab karna hota hai." Quipped Shravan.

"Tum bhi to hiss hi generation ke ho. Tumhe nahi lagoo hota yeh?"

"Nahi Nanu, yeh sab bekaar ki baaten hai. Waste of time. Mujhe yeh sab karne ki fursat nahi."

Suman looked at him hurt. She straightened herself. Mouthed a sorry and concentrated on her work.

"Toh Aditya aj subha subha yahan kaise?"

"Woh Nanu mujhe laga shaadi wala ghar hai, madad ki zaroorat hogi."

"Par beta shaadi toh ho chuki.. ab yahan tumhara kya kaam?" Said Nanu burning a hole in Aditya's ego.

"Nanu ab meri aur Suman ki sha.."

"Uski baat mai tumhari maa se kar loonga. Humare yahan yeh sab shaadi se phele milna sahi nahi maana jaata. Tum jao, apne ghar jao.."

"Par Nanu.." Aditya tried to protest.

"Tumhari maa aa rahi hai, mai baat kar loonga." Nanu spoke with finality leaving Aditya no choice but to leave.

-----------------------

Nanu sat with Shravan in the living.

"Nanu mujhe sach mai der ho rahi hai, agar aapko koi kaam nahi toh mai chalta hoon." Said Shravan as it got difficult for him to be in the same place as Suman and not even steal a glance.

"Aj bhaagne ki jaldi hai tumhe, kal raat toh der tak the yahan."

Shravan was caught off guard. What even? "Nanu mai samjha nahi?"

"Itne shaatir lawyer ho, kisi se na haarne ki kasam khaayi hai, mujhe shtranj mai hara diya, ab keh rahe ho meri itni aasan si baat nahi samjh aa rahi."

"Nahi aa rahi.."

"Tum kal raat do baje ghar ke bahar chilla rahe the. Kyun?"

Shravan didn't know what to say. "Koi baat thi Nanu, ab nahi hai.."

Suman's heart broke. Ab nahi hai?

"Kya matlab? Zara khul ke samjhaao.." Demanded Nanu.

"Mai keh raha hoon na aap se, koi baat thi ab nahi hai."

"Theek hai, yeh batao yeh chot kaise lagi..?" asked the old man pointing at Shravan's heavily bandaged hands.

"Woh boxing karte waqt."

"Accha boxing.."

"Ji.."

"Kab ki boxing? Kal raat toh do baje tak yahan the, aur ab subha ke 9 baj rahe hai, 8 baje se toh yahan ho..."

"Subha, subha.."

"Accha, subha subha boxing karte ho woh bhi aaise ke haathon ka yeh haal ho jaye.. Aadat hai iski?"

"Boxing karta rehta hoon.."

"Nahi apne aap ko chot pohchane ki baat kar raha hoon mai.."

Shravan stayed mum. He had no answer.

"Accha chalo shayad yeh aadat bhi ho tumhe. Par kya raat raat bhar kisi ko bina bataye gayab rehne ki aadat bhi hai tumhe?"

"Nanu aap yeh saare sawal kyun kar rahe hai. Aapko kuch kaam hai toh.."

"Hai kaam. Batata hoon. Pehle jawab toh de do."

Suman didn't know where all of this was headed. But she listened keenly.

"Bolo beta. Kahan the raat bhar. Aur agar ghar par the hi nahi toh boxing kab ki."

"Mujhe yeh saare sawalon ke jawab nahi dene... Mai chalta hoon.."

"Itne bade nahi ho gaye ho tum ke mere sawalon ko nazarandaz karke chale jao."

"Nanu mai.. aapko kyun jaana hai. Mai bata chukka hoon aap ko. Kal raat ko thi koi baat. Ab nahi hai. Kal raat jo mai tha ab nahi hoon. Aap please mujhe iss tarha se pressurize mat kijiye. Mai bohot izzat karta hoon aapki, don't make me say something I will regret later."

"Aaisa bhi kya keh doge tum?"

"Nanu please, rehne dijiye.."

"Namaste Tiwariji.." Spoke Ramnath.

Shravan looked at him and then looked away. No one knew what had happened and no one needed to know.

"Aao Ramnath, tumhara beta mujh se keh raha hai ke mai uski neeji baato mai dakhalandazi na karoon.."

"Maine yeh kab kaha Nanu?" Asked Shravan.

"Abhi jab tumne kaha ke majboor mat karo mujhe kuch aaisa kehne..."

"Nanu I didn't mean that!"

"Toh jawab do.."

Ramnath looked from Shravan to his mentor trying to understand what was happening. He had told Tiwariji all that had surpassed between the two of them. The man had decided to help. Ramnath knew that the only person Shravan would quietly listen to was his Nanu.

"Nahi hai jawab koi.." said Shravan.

"Itne bade kab ho gaye tum Shravan? Itni aasani se apne saare dard chupa liye? Apne Nanu ko bhi nahi bataya?"

That was the last straw. He knew and he was playing around. Shravan had had enough. "Jab pata hai aapko toh kyun pooch rahe ho? Aur zindagi mai bohot kuch nahi sab kuch maine aapse aur Ramnath Malhotra se seekha hai, that includes baaten chupana." Said he fuming.

Suman didn't like his tone one bit but the fact that he called his father by name piqued her interest.

"Shravan!" called out Ramnath irritated. "Mujhse problem hai na tumko, Tiwariji se batameezi kyun kar rahe ho?"

"Maine kaha tha don't push me. But nahi... Toh phir suno.." yelled Shravan.

"Enough! I will not have you talk to him like this.." Reasoned Ramnath.

"Aap zindagian barbaad kar do aur banda uff tak na kare, mai oonchi awaz mai baat kar loon toh saza!"

"Arey shaant ho jao tum dono.." voiced Nanu. "Mujhe koi takleef nahi hai Ramnath, bacche ke dil toota hai, bharosa toota hai, thoda kuch keh bhi diya toh kya ho gaya?"

Suman now understood where all of this was coming from. The destruction of the room, the wounds on his hands, his plight, it all stemmed from the two people he held most dear. His father and she herself. She looked up to see Nirmala walk in. The plot gets thicker she thought.

"Oh bloody hell! Really! Yeh bhi?" Exclaimed a frustrated Shravan. "Why is this becoming a AAO SHRAVAN KO TORTURE KARO meet?"

"Beta mai.." Began Nirmala.

"Oh enough of the beta nonsense! Aap dono bhi sirf apna sochte ho. Yeh mere pujaniya pitaji, apne bete ko trophy jaise rakhna chahte the at the cost of my happiness. Aur aap, pehli fursat mai bhaag li at the cost of my childhood. Apne naye bete ke saath khushi khushi jee rahi hain. Beta my foot. Aap dono ne sirf paida kia hai, baaki mai jeeoon ya maroon aapko kuch nahi."

"Shravan, maa baap hai tumhare, ek mauka toh do.." Spoke Nanu.

Shravan sat through the entire length of their excuses wordlessly. After nearly 25 minutes he spoke, "Ho gaya aap dono ka? Chaloon mai?"

"Shravan beta please, mai Tiwariji se baat karta hoon, Suman toh waise hi tum se pyaar karti hai, mere zor dene se woh peeche hatt gayi thi." Said Ramnath in a last desperate bid to not loose his son.

Tiwariji looked like he was hit by lightening. This was murkier than he thought. He believed Suman agreed to marry Aditya cause he asked her to. He didn't know a bigger game was at play. Both young hearts were broken more than he thought.

Tujhe cheen loon ya chhod doon

Tujhe maang loon ya mod doon

Iss lamhe kya kar jaaon

Iss lamhe kya kar doon mai

Jo mujhe chain mile aaram mile

"Aur kitna girenge aap? Suman ko manipulate kia to keep me to yourself aur ab you want to mend fences cause you think that will help you? Sick."

"Shravan mai, I'm .." quipped Suman.

"Don't even try. Aya tha mai kal raat ko. Poocha tha maine. You would rather stake my heart than tell me the truth isn't it?"

"Shravan Preeti Pushkar ki shaadi na ho yeh dhamki.."

"Shaadi ho chuki thi jab mai aya tumhare paas. Toh yeh bakwas reason mujhe do mat.."

"But he could have made Preeti's life hell.."

"He could have, par ghar ke baaki log andhe nahi hai. And Preeti ki zindagi shayad hell banti, meri toh thi, hai, and it didn't matter to you. So now please shut it!"

"Shravan, job hi hua, ho hi gaya, bohot logon ki bohot galtian thi.. Mai maanta hoon ke aasan nahi sab bhula dena. Par aaise tum sirf khud ko takleef doge." Said Nanu. "Jitna marzi dil se ladh lo, dil aapko maat de hi deta hai. Tum apni maa se aj bhi utna hi pyaar karte ho jitna bachpan mai karte the. Aj bhi tadap hai tum mai Nirmala ke liye. Tum apne baap ki aj bhi utni hi izzat karte ho jitna pehle karte the. Bas gussa ho tum. Aur meri Suman, maine pata nahi pehle kyun nahi dekha. Uske liye hamesha hazir the tum. Kal ja tum dard mai yahan se gaye, mai samjh gaya ke baat kuch toh hai. Aj bhi jab Aditya... tumse dekha nahi gaya... Beta narazgi apni jagah hai, ab bhi der nahi hui, tum Suman ka haath thaam lo."

Shravan contemplated his decision and measuring his words he spoke. "Nanu, dil aur bharosa, ek baar toot jaye toh phir waise kabhi nahi judte. Aapki baat maine suni, kuch had tak shayad aap sahi ho. Par abhi zakhm bohot kacche aur bohot gehre hai. Inn teeno ne jo kar diya hai, jo keh diya hai, its too much to just forget like that. Mujhe waqt chahiye. Mujhe nahi pata mai Maa, Papa aur Sumo ko kabhi apna paaonga bhi ya nahi. Mujhe nahi pata mai kabhi yeh sab bhula bhi paaonga ya nahi. Par mai koshish karoonga. Aur iss mai mai nahi chahta ke koi bhi mujhe pressurize kare. Zaroorat se zyada na mujhse baat karne ki koi zaroorat hai aur nahi mujhe manane ki. Maan na hoga toh mai khud maan jaoogna. For now please, all three of you leave me the hell alone!" Finished Shravan. He got up. Touched Nanu's feet and left without a glance at any of them.

-------------------------

It had been 7 months to the fiasco. Shravan was slowly but surely warming up. He occasionally let his guards down. He was in talking terms with everyone but only when necessary. He did have a few slips, where he forgot everything and got back to being himself but then he got a grip soon enough too. Ramnath was happy he didn't loose his son. That's all that mattered to him. Nirmala was happy that she atleast got a shot at winning her son back. That's all that mattered to her. Suman on the contrary wasn't happy. She didn't want just his being around. She didn't want just him talking to her. She wanted him to be him. She wanted him to open up to her. She wanted him to stop restrating himself. She messaged him to meet her for dinner. He agreed. It wasn't like he'd turn her down. But their rendez-vous always seemed like a very professional one.

Suman had booked off the terrace of a quaint hotel so that they wouldn't be disturbed. Shravan arrive dot on the time he was given. He smiled at her and looked around. "Why is this place so empty?"

"Cause I booked it off fro us.."

"Ahan. Why?"

"Because..."

"Whatever..." He murmered not wanting to dive into any details.

He took a seat and looked at the menu.

"No need for that. I've already ordered all your favourite food."

"Which is?"

"Sev ki sabzi, daal tadka, palak paneer and tandoori chicken."

"Well you can have all of that. My tastes however have changed. I'll have a salad and roasted chicken in white souce."

Suman was hurt. "Kyun kar rahe ho aaisa?"

"Kya khana order kyun kar raha hoon?" Said he squinting.

"You know what I'm saying. Bano mat"

"Be clear please.. I don't get it."

"Ordering different food just to piss me off."

"Bacche nahi hai hum Sumo. I didn't want to eat what you ordered. I preferred something else. I don't do anything in my life to hurt or please anyone, not anymore."

"Shravan it's been 7 damn months!"

"Oh you think I don't know that? I've lived in a hellhole and smiled through it. I won't let life or anyone put me down anymore. I don't see what the issue really is. I'm trying my best here, you think its easy for me to be more than cordial with my parents. You think its easy for me to sit with you and dine, but I do it. I keep pushing myself. I think that should be enough."

"It isn't. I cant see you like this. Struggling to keep life on an even keel. Smiling when you aren't even happy. Looking at me but minus the love. Being in such proximity and not wanting to be."

"Oh so that's it. You can't handle the fact that I'm not giving you the attention I used to is it? Love lust its all the same to you. Well you know what. I do still love you. I can't stop. My loyalties don't change with time. I want to be with you, but each time I come close your words ring in my ears. About how Aditya made you feel, how you wanted to.. oh just forget it. It's no point."

"Shravan I said all of that cause.."

"Ya cuase you had to push me away cause you chose your family over me. I know. You don't have to keep repeating."

Fresh tears pooled Suman's eyes.

"Oh please. Not this again. Tumko lagta hai roke sab theek ho jayega na. Look, it hurts me to see you so. But I can't help myself. Mai nahi bhool pa raha hoon jo sab hua. I may have moved on but the past clings on tight. You said it was all good as far as I spoke to you. You're expecting too much from me Sumo. I... I do love you. But some scars need to heal before I can truly let go of it all. And.."

"I understand. You need time. And I'm sorry. But I can't see you hurt like this. I will be patient. I promise. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

"Cause love is patient Shravan. It's all ecompassing but never suffocating. I got emotional, and jumped the gun. I will wait. For love is to set free and not clutch tight. Love is liberation. Love is salvation. Love heals."

Shravan looked at her the way he used to, full of love. "Sumo, intezaar kar paaogi?"

"Zindagi bhar ke liye.." she said in a heartbeat.

"Zindagi bhar is a very long time.." reasoned Shravan.

"It is. Tumhe kya laga itni aasani se peecha chodd doongi mai?"

"Peecha chudwana chahta kaun hai? I just ... these demons..."

"You will be free from them eventually and that day Mr. Shravan Malhotra, that day you better have a mindblowing proposal.

They both laughed carelessly like they used to. It had taken a while to get here and it would take a while to get through, but they would wait. For as long as healing took. It has been said, time heals all wounds. It's not true. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Its love that fills the crevices slowly. Love heals that which time cannot.

----------------------------------

Phew!

I just can't keep it short!

The song used is "Aur ho" from Rockstar. Do give it a hear if you haven't already.

Right so what do think of this one? I honestly don't even know if this made any sense. It popped I wrote.

Feedback please!

Zoya

Edited by orion23 - 7 years ago
sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res 😳
----------------
Unres

Zo πŸ€—
Your back to back updates are life !!!
Trust me I want to feel for sumo ...but I just can't πŸ˜†
She made our hero cry 😭
I'm fed up of her family prem ...Barjatya's ki heroine ban Sakti ye πŸ˜†
Itna to Dilli ki sardi bhi nahi tadpati jitna ye shravu ko πŸ˜†

Cringe? Rather the opposite. He makes me feel things I never knew myself capable of. Disinterested? Yes in his talks, for there is much more I want to do to him.

She needs a shrink asap!!
Baharo phool barsao mere Ramini aye hain *picks thaal and does aarti*
Ishhh!!!!! Breakup of the loveliest pair πŸ’” 😭
Aww Shravan witnessed the high voltage drama.
I swear I could imagine camera focussed on their faces n that classic kya kya kya expressions 🀣
Shravu's outburst well written πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
I so like this new Shravan. This is what he meant by I'm no more a puppet .
Show me to kya kiya
Nanu called Shravan n Sumo ?

Nanu did solid beizzati Chomu πŸ€ͺ

🀣 🀣

Hey mhara ramji !!!Nimmo bhi aa gyi .
Too much emotional atyachar.
Pujaniya pitaji 🀣 pehli fursat me nikal li 🀣
Everyone giving him gyaan n he be like

Omg!!Let's torture Sumo is still on πŸ˜†
You deserve it girl. You literally crushed his heart
You can forgive someone but forgetting takes time.
I love your write-ups n this one is no exception

P.s.- Itni sari gifs laga Di maine 😲 I'm

NOT SORRY 🀣
Aisi pagal ladki to friend banaya h ...Jhel ab🀣
Edited by sapphire3 - 7 years ago
Perpetuity thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res.
----
Unres.
It has been said, time heals
all wounds. It's not true. The
wounds remain. In time, the mind,
protecting its sanity, covers them
with scar tissue and the pain
lessens. But it is never gone. Its
love that fills the crevices slowly.
Love heals that which time cannot.
Zoyi πŸ€—
This is just superb. There is something in this that we couldn't see in the show. LOGIC. Everything here makes so much sense. The hurt Shravan had to endure and his immediate reaction made my hurt cringe. But the way you made him got up and say Let the world f**k itself was The Shravan Malhotra for me. Suicide is for cowards and our hero isn't one. Suman doesn't make me feel anything anymore just because it's difficult to compare the pain of both of them. I want to feel for her but really ho nhi rha. He came to her with so much hopes and she blurted out those things to him 🀒
I loved Kamini and Vandy's convo. Too cute they are.
To be continued... πŸ˜†Edited by Perpetuity - 7 years ago
Perpetuity thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ramini break up 😭 Haaye. Trust me I could feel those hideous background music of EK and those constant close ups of their faces when Ramnath said "Kamini" πŸ˜†
Nanu was the star of the story. I loved how he was questioning Shravan. But our Shravan's resolution was way too firm and all for his own good and I loved it that for the first time he is thinking about himself and his pain. I love this Shravan. Wish we could see this Shravan in the show. What we got was a drunkard which was really hard for me to believe. Yaar you should have been the writer man.
The dialogues you gave to the changed Shravan are slaying. I loved loved it.
Ab sau baat ki ek baat. This is the best way the track could have been played.
Do I need to say I Love you
Le bol deti hu phr v Love you loads πŸ€— Edited by Perpetuity - 7 years ago
CarpeDiem_365 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
My problem with Sumo is,,that I understand her but can't relate to her... I know there are people who  choose to do things  similar to what she did,, but that isn't what I perceived her to be... #LossOfConnect !  do tyaag but at ur own cost,,,don't crucify poor soul for that...! 
To him just breathing in the same vicinity as she did was healing... uff! Inteha of pyaar!

She placed her head on his shoulder and clasped his arm in both her hand tightly as she wept into him. A few muffled sobs made their way out his throat as he tried hard to find strength... #ExpectationAtItsPeak! AND than the return of phooti kismat! !

Cringe? Rather the opposite. He makes me feel things I never knew myself capable of. Disinterested? Yes in his talks, for there is much more I want to do to him... this is it!!!  its cruel !!...  πŸ˜• ENOUGH !! 
"Aaahhh!" He let out an agonized scream... my heart bleeds πŸ˜­

Ramini confrontation n Shravan over hearing... too good too late too painful too much for Shravan ! But this too will lead to birth of a new Shravan ! rising from ashes! 

Iss lamhe kya kar jaaun..! gave me goosebumps ! !

Nanu n Shravan ...even with everything that conspired itni fikr... aww moment! No one can beat this guy ! he love's people at a different tangent altogether ... 
"Bohot haar liya mai. Ab aur nahi." πŸ‘
Chomu se chutkara ...love u Nanu for this... mann ki shaanti ...πŸ˜†

Shravan didn't know what to say. "Koi baat thi Nanu, ab nahi hai.."

Suman's heart broke. Ab nahi hai?  

"Aap zindagian barbaad kar do aur banda uff tak na kare, mai oonchi awaz mai baat kar loon toh saza!" 

"Beta mai.." Began Nirmala. oh! enough of beta nonsense. . .

"Shravan mai, I'm .." quipped Suman..."Don't even try. . .

serves right! or m I deriving some sadist pleasure !  πŸ˜‰ par jo bhi ho... for his sanity he needs to speaks up...

I really liked how he didn't give up on all these relations n was ready to give them n himself a chance... #SanityAtItsPeak... hatts off version2.0... πŸ˜Š

I won't let life or anyone put me down anymore...πŸ‘ that's SM for you...

"Cause love is patient Shravan. It's all ecompassing but never suffocating. I got emotional, and jumped the gun. I will wait. For love is to set free and not clutch tight. Love is liberation. Love is salvation. Love heals."  words !  ja Sumo Muaaf kiya...πŸ˜‰

They both laughed carelessly like they used to  β€οΈ their laughter is back so is our!!

Plethora...brought plethora of emotions ! 

Amazing story as ever ! !

Edited by CarpeDiem_ - 7 years ago
Naamika thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
First part is justπŸ‘ 
But Where is part 2? i scrolled down but not able to find part 2
reshmanair356 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Can I just hug you . ..for writing so beautifully...for being able to pen down emotions so immaculately and for giving such depth to your characters . ..you should seriously consider writing for a profession!!
P.S. - I could not find the second part even after scrolling down. can't wait to read it!!

Edited by reshmanair356 - 7 years ago
orion23 thumbnail
Part two is up!
Sorry my internet acted up...
orion23 thumbnail
Res is reserved for future comment/ post.