North-east Indians discriminated in their own country

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
We Indians always complain of racism faced by us in other countries but we don't realize dat we discriminate North-wast people who r 4m our own country to d point of even calling them dat they r not Indians. Its true dat North-east people r troubled by people weneva they shift outside their states for study or work purpose. Why other Indians discriminate them be it on their looks or on their dressing? Why these people ruin d name of their own country by troubling their own people? North-easts suffer a lot due to others. People take more money 4m them for either rent or for any items they buy. They r called names like chinki, chicken chilli, chow chow n so on. They r accused of eating snakes, crows, dogs, frogs, cockroaches. They r judged even for doing drugs. Many North-east people r even killed wen they protest. People take sexual advantage of North-east girls. Wat has these North-east people done to deserve all dis? In movies too, there r hardly any North-east actors. D film makers can take men or women 4m abroad who can't even speak Hindi but can't take their own people 4m North-east who can speak Hindi. Its high time, people sud stop discriminating North-east Indians n treating them like outsiders. If we do dis then we r worse than d people who discriminate people 4m other countries as we r doing dis wid our own people.

Is anyone here 4m North-east? Do someone have any North-east as their friend? Has anyone being North-east suffered due to other people or saw other people suffering?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I had friends from Arunanchal very  sweet very pretty. they were in Hostel with me.
Look In India everyone is discriminated when they r out of their place. South Indian in North India, North Indians in South India, Biharis in Maharashtra. Then there is religious and caste dircrimination. SC/ST feel they are discriminated. A general category feels s/he is discriminated when it comes to reservation. 

People from NE India dont go out to mix with other people and others also dont make much efforts. Then there are language barriers. They have their own myths about us. Untill we are not mixing with them, it will go on. 
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
One of my close friends is a Mizo :)) And, no, not all people discriminate them. :) 

In my college we were all very cordial and verryyy friendly - ALL of the NE mixed with ALL  of us. Yes, there were those 0.001% students who'd talk behind their back or say something to them in regional language(which I am sure NE sense it when they are saying something nasty), but such type of people talk behind everyone's back, people ignored them. And they were mostly cordial... We made beautiful memories together!!:) it didn't feel like they were different.. 

They were never separate like how people say that they move in packs, and avoid others.. no, it certainly depends on the regional peeps, how friendly and welcoming we are. 
Where I live, the NE themselves say that they feel safe here. 

No, I have never witnessed any suffering or discrimination or anything... but maybe that's just where I live or where I studied.

On their discrimination, IDK what to say, it's unfortunate. I hope it's reducing now, it seems to be. People are becoming more aware and owing to the past few incidents(assault on NE Indians), I guess now people are trying to keep away from harming them. It's us that have to prevent such incidents. When someone says something discriminatory, he should be objected and if he goes as far as directly attacking them(verbally or physically), he should be pulled up for it. We should be the ones standing up for them and ensure their safety. 
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
...but yeah, everyone is discriminated in India.. South-north, east-west, west-south..Telangana-Andhra, Telangana-Rayalaseema and so on.. it's not discrimination I have seen, but there's that regional feeling...
I LOVE our diversity 😛 

India ❤️
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago
OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
@Padfoot & Angel: I know everyone is discriminated everywhere but in dat comparison, North-easts r discriminated d most. People of South n North at least luk similar but North-east people don't luk like other people of India I mean most of them if not all. In Chak De India movie, 2 of d girls who were North-eastern were teased by men in a fast food corner but other girls of their hockey team stand against them which bcums d turning point of d team as earlier they did not got along well.
iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with @Padfoot_Prongs in this regard.I've had North-eastern friends at school who were called  Chinese/Japanese. I am happy about this movement of sensitization towards north-east Indians,I have a Chinese friend right now and she is asked from which state of India she is from. 😆
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
We need to extra things to get the north east folks right into our main stream. i had a friend from tripura and their customs are so similar to the rest of india.. it is stupid to call them chinks or anything else.. they are like rest of us 
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
We should have respect for all.
But it seems that discrimination due to race, caste, religion, wealth, language, etc is pretty common and could due mainly to a variety of reasons from jealousy, hatred, ignorance etc.
We have our preferences in everything from friends, clothings, food, sports, etc and thus we become selective. But in making our selection we should not discriminate the rest .
This becomes challenging when certain groups of people cause a lot of problems in many ways.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

We need to extra things to get the north east folks right into our main stream. i had a friend from tripura and their customs are so similar to the rest of india.. it is stupid to call them chinks or anything else.. they are like rest of us 

Tripura is different from other North-Eastern states as hilly tribes are a minority over there. The population is largely Bengalis, so their customs and physical appearance is like any other Bengali.