Views

Users

Frequent Posters

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: sharmacatty

oh you here.. thankyou for the link, abhay๐Ÿ˜Š

You're welcome Payal ! Yes, i am here ; wrote this article after the customary ping from friends (after any history related event / epi ). :)

history_geek thumbnail

This is a surprise for me. :D
I am interacting with you, almost after 2.5 years !

Your presence brought back some old memories ; JA precap & long discussions threads!
Good to find you here @Flag!

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: durgeshnandini

Welcome to the Chandra Nandni forum! 

It's amazing to have you here with the historic updates and links. Thanks for posting it ๐Ÿ˜Š

This particular introductory blog was an excellent read with crisp and precise points and a complete coverage of the basic doubts 

- so Maurya, the term, indeed descends from the peacocks and Peeplivan was also existing. 

- it was curious to note that the map of India demarcating the the Mauryan Empire under Chandragupta Maurya, exactly resembles the one during the peak of Aurangzeb's age of Expansion. 
So Chandragupta achieved such a huge empire ages before. Incredible! 

Would be looking forward to more such blogs and erudite posts from you. 

Adwitiya. 

Thanks for this warm welcome, Adwitiya!

Yes, it has been accepted that the word Maurya is a corruption of Moriya. Earlier it was believed to have been taken from the word Mura. Chandragupta's empire was greater than Aurangzeb's, i believe, for the former had deeper penetration into the Central Asian lands. And, we can not forget that he built an empire himself - the first in the line ; with out any precedent!

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: jiya.k

Thank u abhay for posting this much needed info abt cgm for confuse chandra nandni viewers ๐Ÿ˜† ...

P. S. And one more thing as some members thinks here that surya gupta maurya is discovery of ekta mayiya n her cvs so its nt right at all coz As per M. I. Rajasvi book "ChandraGupta Maurya" his father name was surya gupta maurya ruler of pipali van..n after defeted sgm nanda made his mother mura maid in his palace...

Thanks for sharing this information, Jiya! :D

I have gone through this book, but it seems i missed the information pertaining to father of Chandragupta. I guess, it is that same small book in Hindi ?

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: najma123

Abhay! 

This is Najma, your sister from JA Forum. SO glad to see you here. I am finding some discrepancies as to who Dhanand is and who Padmanand is. Because I remember the show CGM on Imagine. 

Do let us know.

Your sister
Naj

P.S. I hope you remember me.๐Ÿ˜†

Everyone is here. Sab log yahin par aa gaye hain!

Of course, i remember you, Najma! I have not forgotten anyone or any experience i had on India Forums. It's all fresh in the mind. Really glad to find you here!

Since i am not watching the show i do not know what exactly is happening. However, to answer your question -- I have read the following 2 conflicting views.

->MahaPadmaNand and DhanaNand were brothers!
-> They were father-son duo!

Accordingly, the princess whom Chandragupta married would become the daughter of Padmananda or Dhanananda!

It is not simple to explain this discrepancy in a comment. I'll write a short post. :)

SheWantsFanfic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi there bookmarking your blog for future reference.
I needed the historically accurate events and info. You are amazing.
history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalgi22

It's really a interesting reading about Emperor Chandragupta Maurya.  I was astounded to know about really Taxila university in that era. Thanks for the information and pictures, Abhay! 

You're welcome, Kalgi !

Taxila is among the oldest known universities in the world, and oldest in ancient India. Arthashastra of Chankaya is said to have been composed there only.

The name Taxila / Taksh-shila is also alluded to Taksa, the son of Bharata and Mandavi, as related in the Ramayana.

And, also it is related to Mahabharata. Parikshit was enthroned at Taksh-shila. And the disciple of Ved Vyas is said to have recited the Mahabharata at the satra yagna ceremony of Janmjeya - son of Parikshit!

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: melovesja

Thanks for this intresting info.

You're welcome!
Lot of members from JA days are here. Good to see you. :)

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

Fantastic post Abhay

This post  has interesting information๐Ÿ˜Š 

Thanks Nonie!

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu27

thnx fr sharing d link abhay will surely go thru it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please take you time, Harshu!
I hope most of your questions got answered here. ;)