Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Hazardous

OMG this is so creepy, I was just watching Love yesterday and wondering the same thing. Maybe people will say she was average looking and didn't fit the bill of a Bollywood actress but I love her simple earthy beauty. She's actually a 3 time National award winning actress so her acting talent definitely didn't go unnoticed :D

indeed creepy...I thought the same while watching LOVE recently ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜†

oh wow...didn't know that she won 3 NA awards !! 

Also few of my friends have suggested Maun Raagam ( Tamil movie ) , she was very good in that movie as well as per the reviews...
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
she never stick to one language...
even Love was a remake of her film in telugu only...they change the ending...in telugu she will die...in hindi she brought back alive...she has done films in all languages...a big star in tamil and telugu film industry...when scipts excites her than she does films in hindi...she does dubbings for all those non-tamil speaking...telugu speaking...hindi speaking actress...she knows various lanuguages...i don't think she needs a BW for her talent...she way talented than actress in 90s...Saathiya Tune Kya Kiya is still remembered till date...i remembered salman once confess in his IV that Love was is fav film and the song Saathiya Tune Kya Kiya is his fav song
rf2016 thumbnail
Revathi made her
1. Debut in Tamil film industry in 1983 when she was 16. This won her the "best new face award'
2. Her second movie was in Malayalam opposite to Kattathe kilikoodu. This won her appreciation too. The movie was later remade as Nishabd with slight change.
3. Her third movie was in Telugu which also became a hit.
In other words, Revathi is one of the RARE GEM in Indian film industry.
She is not only a great actress but also very nice human being who is actively involved in social service.
Also, she managed to rule the industry with importance to "female protagonist" even when she acted opposite to superstars like Rajni, Kamal, Mohanlal, etc.
Most of her movies were remade in hindi or other languages.
She acted only in movies which has an interesting role that challenged her. She stopped getting important roles when she was close to 30. However, she decided to take up to directing and there also she made great
1. Her first film as director cum producer MITR my friend won her national award
2. Her second film PHIR MILENGE was on AIDS
3. Her 3rd film in malayalam also was a different.
She is RARE PERSON who does what she likes and keeps moving.
To think of it that she is more than 30 years in this industry and still going strong without vulgar/indecent portrayals show her talent.

Her best amongst several languages:
1. Mouna ragam in Tamil  (Maniratnam's first HIT) remade as KASAK
2. Kilukkam  in Malayalam (Priyadarshan's mega HIT) remade as MUSKURAHAT.
3. Punnagai Mannan in Tamil on dance (K Balachander)
4. Priyanka - Tamil (Hindi - Damini)
5. Marupadiyum - Tamil (Hindi - Arth by Shabana Azmi
6. Molly Aunty rocks in recent times 
7. Prema - Telugu (remade as LOVE in hindi)

Basically, even today the heroines who enter industry take her as reference as well as directors.
It is sad that she was recognized much later in Bollywood.