DC:Were both gym freaks: Naman Shaw and Jasmin Bhasin

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SAMEENA RAZZAQ

Sep 4, 2016,

Naman Shaw and Jasmin Bhasin of Tashan-e-Ishq are setting the screen ablaze with their chemistry.
Naman Shaw and Jasmin Bhasin
 Naman Shaw and Jasmin Bhasin

Their off-screen friendship and their closeness often makes one wonder if they're more than just good friends, but Naman Shaw and Jasmin Bhasin of Tashan-e-Ishq say that it's their camaraderie and pure friendship that makes them click. Their perfect on-screen chemistry is because of the face that the duo share a great equation when the camera stops rolling. In a candid chat, the couple spills the beans on what makes them a hit:

How did the ice break when you met for the first time on the sets?

Jasmin: Earlier I had a certain rapport with Siddhant (Gupta) who played Kunj. When he left and Naman replaced him, we were very formal. Later, as the days passed, we got talking. From being strictly professional, we eased up and became close buddies.
Naman: My first scene with Jasmin was a romantic one, where we had to hug and we'd barely been introduced with each other! On the sets we'd sit during breaks and chat up. That helped us break the ice.

Was filming romantic scenes awkward at any point?

Jasmin: No. Since both of us are actors, and we know how to go about our jobs in a professional manner.
Naman: It wasn't really awkward. We became good friends in a short while, so it was sometimes funny when we filmed the romantic scenes. We laughed a lot during these scenes and sometimes the director would have to stop us.

What makes your chemistry work?

Jasmin: The bond that we share. We have to be comfortable with each other while enacting such scenes, else it doesn't reflect well on-screen. So, I think as actors, we work hard to give our best and it reflects on our chemistry.
Naman: We're good friends and understand each other. There's an off-screen equation  which makes the on-screen chemistry come alive. Kunj and Twinkle are not a serious couple. They're spunky, and that's the best part about this show.  Most of the time you'll see us enjoying our scenes, which translates to good chemistry.

Any particular scene so far that's made its way into your heart?

Jasmin:  Every episode has touched my heart, because we pour our heart into every single day of shoot. This is the first show on TV that's given me popularity. I had become very emotional in the scene where Kunj dies, and I feel that's been my best performance.
 Naman: There's this scene where Twinkle comes into my room from the window with the help of a ladder. The whole sequence was really interesting as it was done in one shot. We have received numerous compliments for it.

Any scene that's made you feel, Oh, I wish I'd done it better'?

Jasmin: After seeing some of my emotional scenes, I end up thinking I could've done it better.
Naman: Due to lack of time and long shooting hours, sometimes we can't give our best. So, after watching it on air, we feel like we could've done it better.

One thing you like and dislike about each other...

Jasmin: He cracks stupid jokes all the time. There is nothing I dislike about him.
Naman:  I dislike the fact that she keeps yawning on the sets. On the other hand, she is very sporting and very quirky and fun.

What's your off-screen equation like?

Jasmin:  Off-screen we are really good friends and we keep chatting during our breaks. We sit with the entire cast and enjoy our lunch and evening breaks together.
 Naman:  We are good friends and we both play pranks on each other. We both are gym freaks, so there is a lot to discuss during breaks. We are very comfortable with each other off screen too.

Any interesting fan comment about your jodi that's caught your eye?

Jasmin: "You both will look good as a real life couple too."
Naman: Just the fact that they call us good actors and a great looking couple.

Where are you most likely to be found during breaks on the sets?

Jasmin: My room; I like taking naps in between.
Naman: In my room. Since the shoot goes on for 12 hours, it is necessary to take rest.

Who is the jagga jasoos on the sets? You or her?

Jasmin: I'm the jagga jasoos of the set. I love talking to people; the more I talk, the more gossip I can cull.
Naman: Both of us.

Posted: 7 years ago
I find this cute 
Like really cute. Tho there are similrailis of naman and jasmin with sidmin, there's this cuteness around them