Is Surveen Chawla getting sidelined in Anil Kapoor's 24?

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Surveen Chawla, who made her debut with the fiction show 'Kahiin To Hoga', is back on the small screen. Even though the actress earlier claimed that she would never do anything on TV,24 comes as an exception to the rule.

Surveen essays the role of Maya in the second season of the finite series. Despite being Haroon Sherchand's (Sikhander Kher) girlfriend, she has her heart set on Jai Singh Rathore (played by Anil Kapoor). While Surveen seems to be quite happy doing 24 Season 2, there is not much that she has to offer on the show.

Calling it a pivotal and complex character, Surveen made the role seem bigger than what it is. Clearly, her screen time is limited and she ends up playing a prop in the hands of powerful men. It isn't a progressive role as she is clearly subjected to rape, manhandling and convenient manipulation by both Haroon and Jai.
Yes, 24 might look like a film and be grander than a typical TV show, as Surveen said in an interview, but it certainly does not offer her the scope to display her acting chops like her debut on the small screen.

Featuring Sakshi Tanwar, Ashish Vidyarthi, Neil Bhoopalam and Sudhanshu Pandey, the show airs on Saturday and Sunday at 9 PM. Currently, the actress is also a participant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, a dance based reality show on Colors TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ssophia thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hmmm...
Agreed with you naseem! !
Surveen has a weak character to portray with so many shades...
And regarding screen space even sakshi too gets less screen space than how can she get more...
And her role in not that power packed...
May be in future plot we get to see her either side...
peeyara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssophia

Hmmm...

Agreed with you naseem! !
Surveen has a weak character to portray with so many shades...
And regarding screen space even sakshi too gets less screen space than how can she get more...
And her role in not that power packed...
May be in future plot we get to see her either side...

its an TOI article...i hv not written it :P
if you see, almost every actor gets less screen space ๐Ÿ˜†
you can say nuksan of having too many characters๐Ÿ˜†
Ssophia thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: peeyara

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Okkk...
Nowadays I dont know what I am doing
Arjun_M thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is not an original character by the producers of 24:IR, but one adapted almost straight from 24:OR, and much of the criticisms apply for that character too. In both versions, this character is one of the weaker among the cast.
-sharada- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree, her character comes across as quite dumb, manipulated at will by the men around her.
LuvSSever thumbnail

Originally posted by: peeyara

Well said...so true  ๐Ÿ˜†     
And i think after seeing posts on her character's insignificance and weakness here in forum, and after questioning wht use jai had of befriend her,
We get to see a scene of her helping jai by getting the phone๐Ÿ˜†
peeyara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arjun_M

This is not an original character by the producers of 24:IR, but one adapted almost straight from 24:OR, and much of the criticisms apply for that character too. In both versions, this character is one of the weaker among the cast.

I Want her character to be well built but after Haroon's death I dont think she will hv anything to contribute
peeyara thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssophia

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Okkk...
Nowadays I dont know what I am doing

Then who knows ๐Ÿ˜†
peeyara thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sharada-

Agree, her character comes across as quite dumb, manipulated at will by the men around her.

I wud not say manipulated ...she has trusted Jai n it's jai fault if he is using her n her trust
She found a ray of hope in Jai hence trusted him