Acting with prosthetic is quite a challenge: Parag Tyagi!

Az07 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Acting with prosthetic is quite a challenge: Parag Tyagi
By TellychakkarTeam24 Aug 2016 05:14 PM

It takes Parag Tyagi six hours every day to get into the 'Brahmarakshas' avatar for TV show "Brahmarakshas -- Jaag Utha Shaitaan". The actor says working with prosthetic is a challenge.

Parag is seen in the role of a ferocious monster in the Zee TV show.

"I am very excited about the show and this unique demonic character I am playing. To get into the skin of this character requires a lot of preparation and time. Since the make-up used is prosthetic, it is quite a challenge to act as your face gets stretched and you have to manage your expressions accordingly," Parag said in a statement.

The prosthetic make-up takes almost two hours to complete and around 45 minutes to remove. Moreover, after every three hours, the entire process has to be redone. In a 12-hour shoot, the actor spends nearly six hours in getting ready for this character.

Explaining the whole process, Parag added: "I hate long hair. For my look, I've to wear a wig which falls over the eyes all the time. I'm wearing lenses, which I'm not used to as my eyes are sensitive. The role required not only a well-built body, but also a persona that intimidates."

"I first put on seven kg and then followed a rigorous work-out regimen for three months to build solid muscle. I have undergone voice modulation exercises to get the right tonal quality."

Nevertheless, the actor is thankful for the "support and cooperation of the creative team".

Parag said: "The transformation from Parag to Brahmarakshas has been an exciting process with an impactful end result. This character is a huge challenge and I hope viewers appreciate the effort."

The show narrates the story of Raina and Rishabh who go to Kamalpura to attend a wedding and in an encounter with the Brahmarakshas, end up losing someone dear to them. Then they decide to join forces so that they can take Brahmarakshas down.
(Source: IANS)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing. So much work is required. Well, good for Parag.
ProudRSfan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Tfs Parag is doing a great job.
nimmu96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So much hardwork is put in to the character, poor guy will have a heart break if he finds out the way we make fun of his costume. 
TFS
Edited by nimmu96 - 7 years ago
ArdentDreamer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, parag is doing good job on his part..maybe makers should have put more effort in creating a serious looking intimidating monster... Wese b poor actor has to suffer for 6 hours, why not make a use of it... Pr kher hy funny Rakshas is unique for us too ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³