New found land : Pulkit samrat

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
New found land : Pulkit samrat

The 23-year-old Pulkit Samrat aka Lakshya Virani is the current heartthrob on television. When he came to Mumbai from Delhi, a few months ago, he didn't know what destiny had in store for him. For Pulkit, everything's new – new city, new career, a new show and, of course, new-found stardom. As we catch him chilling out at his 1-BHK Kandivli flat, the Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi star assures us that his best is yet to come...

THE MAGIC MANTRA
 That he is a magician is no news. Pulkit has been rehearsing and practicing magic tricks with cards since his school days. "I've read books from the USA, Egypt, China etc. on the subject. This kind of magic freaks out people completely," he says. When he's not shooting, Pulkit is busy watching films. Despite being a hit on television, Pulkit still harbours dreams of making a career in films. "But as of now I'm not even thinking about quitting television," he says. Pulkit couldn't have asked for a better launch than Kyunki… "It's a dream role," he smiles.

NEED FOR SPEED
Talking about popularity, Pulkit was always the stud in his school and college. "I never intentionally worked on being popular," he shrugs. "But, I was very popular with the girls." Needless to say, the scene continues to be the same now. Pulkit may have moved bag and baggage to Mumbai, but Delhi is where his heart belongs. "The only time I come to my apartment is when I have to sleep," he says. "I'd rather hang out with my friends than go home." His latest possession, a red Skoda is what keeps him going. "It's my dream car," says Pukit, who doesn't feel comfortable in small cars.

JUGGLING ACT
Being a true blue Punjabi, Pulkit is fond of food but cooking is a strict no-no for him. However, recently, his mom has taught him to prepare parathas and dal-rice. "I've a person who cooks food and takes care of my house. He accompanies me to my shoots as well," he says. Living in a joint family, Pulkit was pampered a lot but when the responsibility of running a house fell on his shoulders he became nervous. "My mother had to come to Mumbai to help me set up my place and train me to be on my own. Otherwise, I would have been completely lost," he confesses. Pulkit is dating a girl from Delhi but refuses to talk about her.

BEING IN THE NEWS
The actor has been living in Mumbai for the past two years. "But I haven't had the chance to see all its famous places, for instance, Haji Ali, Essel World and several malls," he says. But Pulkit is far from complaining. His role in Kyunki… is being appreciated and that's what matters to him most. He is a doting elder brother, Pulkit says, "I completely adore my younger brother Ullas. This year he will appear for his HSC exams and I want him to score well." Regarding his popularity with girls, Pulkit says that he doesn't feel embarrassed by all the attention he gets from women. "I'm struggling for it. So why should I act modest?" he says. Point taken.

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
The young actor aspires to be a director one day. "I want to make a film that will showcase my work as a magician. I hope I find someone to produce it," he says. Pulkit feels that in India the concept of magic is largely about rabbits popping out of hats. "It's annoying. Magic is also a detailed study and I hope people care to know more about it," he says. As for his house, he likes to keep it simple. "I live alone and there is no time to manage furniture and artefacts. Mine is a typical bachelor's apartment." When asked if he likes Mumbai, he answers, "I was told that in Mumbai dreams come true and I can't disagree." Well said!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khanrocks thumbnail
Thanks for the article , he sounds really nice and a talented person as well
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hotttiieeeeeee!!!!!

i <3333 this guy wayyy too much!!
he's sooo sweeettttt =]]]
darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMG HE LOOKS SO DIFFERENT IN THOSE PICS! IT'S HIS HAIR! MY GOD! THE DIFFERENCE A HAIRSTYLE CAN MAKE TO A FACE! Still hot as ever, but he looks frickin scary in the first pic.... πŸ˜•
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: svh2010

hotttiieeeeeee!!!!!

i <3333 this guy wayyy too much!!
he's sooo sweeettttt =]]]

SWETAA!! ^.^ you r backk *huggs* πŸ€—nd don't get to siggy making now!!πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

He looks the hottest in this pic =] *drools*

darkness_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Omg, anu..I cant decide what hottest in tht pic, the man on the bed, the room or the laptop!!!! His hair looks so cute in that pic.. U just wanna run ur fingers thru it and kiss him all over... *faints*
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: darkness_123

Omg, anu..I cant decide what hottest in tht pic, the man on the bed, the room or the laptop!!!! His hair looks so cute in that pic.. U just wanna run ur fingers thru it and kiss him all over... *faints*

LMAO! Print 'em out nd kiss 'em as much as u want. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

hehe Nimmi, it's the same man. btw,u know...i've talked to him on the internet thricee <33 Two times with other ppl presence nd the last time...alone. ^.^ He's really a sweettt guy. nd he is 2 hottt <33.

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMG I love him........................he can juggle like me...there's one thing I have in common....i hear wedding ki shenai! πŸ˜†
RohaniChopda thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG!Awww.Thanks aloott.

He looks choooo cutee.hehe in the last pic he looks hott. πŸ˜‰

Great article. πŸ˜‰
chaya456 thumbnail
he's looking awesome man how nice and the egg part is funny.....cool he must be knowing how to cook ....wow he knows how to impress gals ..hehehhehehe ..he is greattt