This show is not for the TRPs : Priyanshu Jora

Srujana7.MaNan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I really liked what PJ said about the show appealing to a certain group of people who don't belong to the typical trp sector. He seems very wise and I like his style of speaking. Fingers crossed that the show's spark remains like this.Edited by Srujana7.MaNan - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This is my fav show right now. I hope they don't ruin it for trp
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow! That was a really good interview. He pretty much says that they have made this show knowing it wont generate trps and its not for trp audience 😲

Seems to be a good team of actors and behind the scenes crew. Its apparent when he talks about the layers that Abhi has and how the team tells him that if he has caught on two layers the third one is missing πŸ‘πŸΌ

He also admits that there was no masti onthe sets till now 😲 because of the ensemble cast and difficulties that they have to face to get everything right. But now they have started enjoying on the sets as everyone has settled on the sets.

Anu you seem to have eead his mindhe said exactly the same thing about they have developed a comfortable equation and it has grown organically. 😲
mads thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing, srujana. 😳

Haha, my first thought 5 mins into the IV was that he has to tone down SO much as Abhi πŸ˜† ..kitne gestures kar ke enthusiastically baat karta hai yeh banda..haha! It is sooo heartwarming to see someone caring so mucu about their work and with such an insight not just about his own character but about the entire show, very few people can judge their own performance objectively and he definitely seems one of them! His appreciation of the technical team and direction speaks volumes about the kind of actor he is- definitely a rare breed nowadays!

He is soo bang on about TRPs and stuffs and now i am convinced there is some vodoo waala magic on the conversations happening on this forum that it directly translates to either scenes on the show or then such responses from the cast- just today itself Anu and I were discussing how the show isn't th type that will gain TRPs and lo and behold we have a lead actor who has the guts to say that the show wasn't even made for the TRP audience...or to take a part of any rat race for that matter.. This kind of makes me relieved... Loved that the entir focus is on the quality of the show and i really, really hope it isn't compromised in the near future... His statement that TRPs are subjective is soo on point! πŸ‘πŸΌ
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL yes ofcourse I read his mind, Spidie :P  J/K

Actually when the show had just started, I'd watched an IV from the launch and wahaan pe he had said similar stuff about how they are all so focussed on setting up the show right now so no time for masti...lol...the organic developments are apparent in the scenes themselves now so I just took a guess :P lol

Thanks for sharing, Sru!  Very nice IV...this guy talks in such a sorted, grounded and focussed manner...it's rare to see that among most of the young TV actors these days who are either doing fukre type shows or just acting fukre offscreen in generalπŸ˜†...but this guy seems like dead serious about his work...knows exactly what he wants to do and seems very dedicated to any work he takes up.

Re: the bit about TRPs...lol he sounds so matter of fact and gusty on that topic...most ppl talk the typical b.s. line of "we are trying, hoping for the best in terms of TRPs"...but PJ seems fully focussed on creative satisfaction primarily...and he says it like he means it...not just for the sake of saying it...impressive.   Jo bhi bola sach bola...it's all subjective and yes totally manipulated but most ppl seem to succumb to playing in this manipulated space with all the pandering that comes with it...while this guy doesn't seem to be that type...interesting. 

When you see ppl taking their work so seriously, talking about characters and nuance and layers, you feel all is not yet lost with TV...hum log paagal nahin baithe yahaan pe hoping to see layering and content with depth...there are ppl who GET itπŸ‘πŸΌ
AraamB thumbnail
Am a very silent watcher on the forum. But this show has compelled me to add my two cents.

This kind of family friendly, heart wrenching fare deserves our support and hoping more people will tune in.