Sharad Kelkar dubs for Vin Diesel for xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Tasha1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Sharad Kelkar dubs for Vin Diesel for xXx: Return of Xander Cage

• Kavita Awaasthi, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
  •  |  
  • Updated: Aug 09, 2016 18:26 IST
Sharad Kelkar says that he had to put in a lot of effort for dubbing for Vin Diesel as he doesn't move his lips much.

Sharad Kelkar has lent his voice to characters in the Hindi-dubbed versions of many Hollywood films such as Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014), Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (2014) and X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), among others. Now, he has dubbed for Hollywood actor Vin Diesel for his upcoming movie, xXx: Return of Xander Cage, which also stars Deepika Padukone.

Talking about the experience, Sharad says, "I have dubbed for Vin for the first time. He has a gruff and slightly rough voice. Since my voice is clear and deep, I had to put in a lot of effort to emulate his voice. Also, he doesn't move his lips much, so creating the correct tone wasn't easy. I tapped into the mood of his character and enacted the scenes in the dubbing studio. This is what I call method dubbing'."

Sharad has also dubbed for south superstar Prabhas in the National award winning film, SS Rajamouli's Baahubali (2015).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Az07 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Dubbing is a tough job u really have to put in a lot of effort for dubbing u need to know the characters and story line that's why dubbing artist are rewarded by awards
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree.. But SK does everything with so much passion and perfection... TFS Tasha..
Tasha1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
agree with u Manisha and Uma