need info of feriha in turkey - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chitchan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

No im not indian. Im pakistani. These shows iv watched 4-5 years ago on urdu1.

I knoe feriha was chosen first as it was to target youth market and bring youngsters back to channel as pak content was much sober catering to older people and FG has a very mature bold topic and they needed an existing market for turkish shows before they launched fatmagul coz its a very expensive show to purchase and air and dubbing is also challenging.

If there were no existing pallette for dubbed shows then channel would loose money. So they went with a lighter romance in college topic to form a market first. The lineup for shows next are also heavy topics. Turk shows have bold and mature topics. Only the youth shows have weaker storylines.

Zindagi did same with pak shows by introducing zindagi gulzar as itvwas a youth show rather than air humsafar or mere himdum mere dost. Coz younger ppl spread show virally on tweets and fbk insta etc so gets good coverage for channel.

In pakistan the audience likes mature and bold content so they chose askimrmnu first coz it was about 2nd wife and affairs between an aunt and nephew. the theme most popular in pakistani shows. Fatmagul however is most fan favorite.

It depends on the preference of the viewers before shows are launched. Indian prefer romance and paks prefer scandal.different mindsets.

Both shows are different and cant be compared. Youth shows do terribly in pak such as medcezir was stopped twice due to low ratings even thoygh it was expensive to purchase. But kara para ask did exceptionally well was declared superhit as it was on money laundering and smuggled diamonds and due to ayan alis smuggling case the ppl were interested in watching show that highlights this issue.

Actually you guys are lucky to watch fatmagul its a fantastic and nce show it will show how a rape victim gets her confidence back and how much therapy is important to her and how to get jystice. When people will join fatmagul those episodes will leave u in tears. It has a wonderful topic and subject is handled very well. Its repeated 4 times on fan demandvand shown total 5 times and still gets high ratings ppl really love it alot here.

I would say dont compare shows as all are different and just enjoy them. There is no competition between them as they are from different genre.

You womt enjoy if u compare. Be open minded. Thats all.

I loved the way you explained @SaraFatma  ðŸ˜›
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I loved Feriha as it was a pure romantic tale while Fatmagul is a intense story...It was going slow until yesterday when it finally picked up pace and am loving whatever I saw till now ðŸ˜³
SaraFatma thumbnail
Thankyou so much guys. Having seen the shows I have an idea how channels work. 
Even in south america they opted for 1001 nights and when people formed a flavor for shows which are dubbed they showed fatmagul and then kara para ask.

Its just a strategy. 
Il give a brief highlight on story of what zindagi is showing next and what I recommended.

'bir gecer zaman ki' did very well in pak its a story of a single mom whose husband leaves her for s younger woman and how her kids lives get ruined as son gets into bad things daughter has affair with old man etc etc.
Its a story pak shows have covered coz 2 wives and affairs is a reality our society lives everyday.

'Kuzey guney' is of 2 brothers guney who is ivy league worthy students but accidently killls in hit and run case so the looser kuzey brother takes the blame on mothers insistence goes to jail gets in trouble with gangster who stalks and ruins his life even after he is out of jail. Pak dint like female show stopped airing midway due to low ratings.

'Bir bulut olsam' is about son of a landlord mayor mustafa he forfcefully is married to his 2nd cousin coz his parents think his first wife is not consumating marriage making mustafa get fits of epilepsy. He is obsessed with narin. He ties her to his bed is abusive with her and hopelessly romantic. He gets epilepdy attacks when ever she rejects him touching her. A UN doctor moves to thier village to remove mines between turkey amd syria border and falls in love with mustafas first wife narin and tries to save her by seperating them. Mustafa has a nervous breakdown and starts going mad doing violent things. The show was hit but opic was very bold so was banned from airing for censor issues.

'Asi' is a vet working on fathers farm and a city boy Demir comes to village and they both fall in love but he disrupts her life and fathers as he is there to take revenge from them for the injustice his mother went through. Demir blames Asi father for the death of someone close to him but he cant stop being attracted to his enemies daughter. It was a superhit in pak.

'Kara para ask' omer demir is a cop who works in city VAN. He comes to istanbul as he is going to get engaged but a day before his engagement his fiance is found murdered in the car of a business tycoon along with the tycoon.  Omer wants to find trurh behind fiances death and what secret she hid from him he wanrs revenge too. On otherhand the tycoons daughter Eluf gets threatened by mafia ger father stole thier diamonds and kudnap her sister until she returns the duamonds. Omer finds out that diamonds will lead to the killers so helps elif to save her sister. However even though rhey initially hate each other they get intensely attracted to each other. Omer feels guilty for having feelings while his fiance is dead and avoids Elifs love. Its a love stort on backdrop of crime. It was a superhit in pak last year and omer Elif is most liked couple. 

'Aski memnu' bihter marries adnan for money but falls in love with his nephew and has an affair with him when trouble starts in her marriage. He is the ex bf of her older sister and crush of her step faughter nihal who loves him since childhood. When behlul gets scared the secret will be out he gets engaged to nihal due to which bihter becomes obsessed with seperating them. It was a superhit in pak.

'Elif' is a conservative muslim girl who falls in love but her family has secrets about her birth. I cant tell more as premise of story is suspence all spoilers will ruin the story.it was a hit in pak. People like the girl as she looks like kareena kapoors twin.

'Muhtesim yuzyil' was a superit in pak. Its about the real story of the great sultan of the turkiah empire from 1400 or 1600 century. (I forgot the century ). Its about his rise to power and how his 2 wives (hurrem and mustafas mother) plot to become the favorite from his harem and have thier sons ascend the throne after sultan suleiman while his confidant ibrahim pasha a slave muslim convertee falls for sultans sister. Ita about power play and most interesting complex play in on turkish history. Its based on true story.

Edited by SaraFatma - 7 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Thankyou so much guys. Having seen the shows I have an idea how channels work. 

Even in south america they opted for 1001 nights and when people formed a flavor for shows which are dubbed they showed fatmagul and then kara para ask.

Its just a strategy. 
Il give a brief highlight on story of what zindagi is showing next and what I recommended.

'bir gecer zaman ki' did very well in pak its a story of a single mom whose husband leaves her for s younger woman and how her kids lives get ruined as son gets into bad things daughter has affair with old man etc etc.
Its a story pak shows have covered coz 2 wives and affairs is a reality our society lives everyday.

'Kuzey guney' is of 2 brothers guney who is ivy league worthy students but accidently killls in hit and run case so the looser kuzey brother takes the blame on mothers insistence goes to jail gets in trouble with gangster who stalks and ruins his life even after he is out of jail. Pak dint like female show stopped airing midway due to low ratings.

'Bir bulut olsam' is about son of a landlord mayor mustafa he forfcefully is married to his 2nd cousin coz his parents think his first wife is not consumating marriage making mustafa get fits of epilepsy. He is obsessed with narin. He ties her to his bed is abusive with her and hopelessly romantic. He gets epilepdy attacks when ever she rejects him touching her. A UN doctor moves to thier village to remove mines between turkey amd syria border and falls in love with mustafas first wife narin and tries to save her by seperating them. Mustafa has a nervous breakdown and starts going mad doing violent things. The show was hit but opic was very bold so was banned from airing for censor issues.

'Asi' is a vet working on fathers farm and a city boy Demir comes to village and they both fall in love but he disrupts her life and fathers as he is there to take revenge from them for the injustice his mother went through. Demir blames Asi father for the death of someone close to him but he cant stop being attracted to his enemies daughter. It was a superhit in pak.

'Kara para ask' omer demirs fiance is found murdered in the sane car as a business tycoon ahmet denizer is found murdered in. Elif hia daughter gets threatened by mafia to return diamonds while they kidnap her sister. Omer demir wants to get justice for his fiances death and clear her name  that she was not having affair with Elifs father.he wants to take revenge and fights alit with Elif. Elif has to find diamonds and save sister and omer will help her but he is also attracted intensely to Elif denizer the daughter of the man her fiance is rumoured to have cheated on him. It a love story on backdrop of crime. It was a superhit in Pak most liked show last year. Elif omer was most liked couple.

'Aski memnu' bihter marries adnan for money but falls in love with his nephew and has an affair with him when trouble starts in her marriage. He is the ex bf of her older sister and crush of her step faughter nihal who loves him since childhood. When behlul gets scared the secret will be out he gets engaged to nihal due to which bihter becomes obsessed with seperating them. It was a superhit in pak.

'Elif' is a conservative muslim girl who falls in love but her family has secrets about her birth. I cant tell more as premise of story is suspence all spoilers will ruin the story.it was a hit in pak. People like the girl as she looks like kareena kapoors twin.

'Muhtesim yuzyil' was a superit in pak. Its about the real story of the great sultan of the turkiah empire from 1400 or 1600 century. (I forgot the century ). Its about his rise to power and how his 2 wives (hurrem and mustafas mother) plot to become the favorite from his harem and have thier sons ascend the throne after sultan suleiman while his confidant ibrahim pasha a slave muslim convertee falls for sultans sister. Ita about power play and most interesting complex play in on turkish history. Its based on true story.

Thank you for  giving insight into the series you have seen . I have seen Ask e memnu , liked the story which is controversial . It was from novel  written in 1899 that time Turkish did not have surnames.. Reminded me of French novel Madam Bovary who was banned i think that time .

AFK was first intro to Turkey and loved that series despite ruining the story later on , 

Fatmagul has mature strong contents .Very well directed with brilliant actors. 

Like Pak dramas but now off and on but because of finite time actors can give better performance .

SaraFatma thumbnail
'Kara sevda'
A middle class boy and a socialite rich girl fall deeply in love. On the day he proposes to hercshe tells him she cant live a poor life and breaks off relationship and marries the son of fathers biz partner. The boyfriends works hard and gets rich and vows to take revenge on her for breaking his heart. Little does he know she was forced into marriage to save her mentally ill brother from jail and save fathers property. She still loves him but he has hate on his mind. Although not as big a hit as KPA its the most hit show in turkey these days.

'Calikusu'
Naive and orphan girl falls in love with a doctor who is her friends from childhood, however he cheats on her. Its a story of challenges in love. It got lukewarm response, neither hit not flop in turkey.the actor played balisaab in muhtesim so fans want to see him still in pak.

'Kosem sultan' a continuation of next generation of sultain suleimans son's family who ascended the thrown.
The young king marries a greek girl from his harem but dies young. Kosem has to protect her children as having one of them ascend throne means havibg the others be murdered as per tradition to protect the future kingdom from internal politics while the next best alternative is to have her husbands mentally unstable brother take the throne where his manipulayive sisters run the throne plotting to rid the palace of kosem and her children. It was a moderate hit in Turkey with beren/fatmagul in the lead role of kosem. She is most fav turk actress in paj so fans want to watch her show and waiting for it.
SaraFatma thumbnail
I have one complaint from zindagi channel that they have for last 6 months have been playing flop shows from pak tv that no one watches in pak even. And only show 2 affairs or divorce stories. Also adverts are so misleading and off putting. 
The recent show by ARY 'meri beti' was a stupendous hit and very soft touchy story but adds on zindagi are so pathetic I dont know why. You will love the bro in law character and relationship dialogues etc of neice-aunty. Its so natural and really like how people are in pak. Simple humble etc. Very natural show a must watch.

GEO TV is most low rated and low watched channel for dramas and zindagi only shows the tv show due to some kind of contract with them. Geo is actually partner channel of zee I guess as they show zee tv shows only and vice versa.

Pak shows are closely monitored by Pemra the censorship board nowadatys ehich has been overly active since 2013. So shows meed to have some sort of social issue addresed along with entertainment value but if its too explicit they ban it. Ughhh...its a constant fight between viewers and pemra.

best shows are by Hum TV and ARY digital channel. Avoid GeoTV like the plague. They have a typical starplus touch which pak viewers loath cant stand. 

The hit Pak shows of last year and this year are:
1) yeh mera deewanapan hai: a young boy falls in love with an older woman. Social taboo addressed but was dragged after time leap.
2) diyaredil: about pathan culture of inter marriages and how changes in social structure/ education has widened generation gap affecting lives of children
3) chup raho: a brother inlaw rapes his sister in law but circumstances end up gettingher married to his younger cousin. The abuse continues in form of mental torture when mother tells her to remain silent insstead if getting justice. It dragged after trp hit sky high but ends on a good note.
4) alvida: I dint watch it as its on cousin marriage a topic iv tired of due to overexposure. But was a hit apparently.
5) udaari: biggest hit if 2016 has everyone addicted must watch fir ahsan khans amaaazing portayal as imtiaz. Adresses social issue of the meerasi clan and chikd abuse/rape.
6) mann mayal: no story only drag. Girl loves her tutition teacher and times leaps then dragged. Ppl only watch coz of hamza ali abbasi he is more popular than fawad khan btw people will watch poop also if hes in it.no substabce only bakwaas.
7) zara yaad kar: wht happena when u make a mistake that cant be undone. The boy loves his wife but has not had rukhsati yet. She leaves him for a rich person who abandones her. When she wants to enter his life they are faced with horror of halala (girl has to marry another man). A very soft and poignant story with impressive dialogues. Makes u think twice of ur actions. BG is amazing 'zara yaad kar' bu rahat fateh adds to the themr of the show.
8) dillagi: a street thug/rogue falls for a street smart strong woman. Due to a misunderstanding she forces him to marry  her in a quikie wedding but for revenge.Its the clash of titans when they marry as she wont give into his love and he wont give up on love. Its a very hit love story thesedays. The BG is amazing I thinj rahat fateh released it as a single in india too after jt went hit in pak 'tumhe dillagi bhool jani'.
9) besharam: the surprise hit of the season. A supermodel and a low key politian attend a live talk show things get out of control and hot headed and both end uo having a nikkah on air. Being a rich socialite and him a middle class boy there is clash of egos. Both realize mistake they made in spur of moment but have to continue with the marriage.The chemistry between the leads is intense and super hit.  The love track is also realiatic and simple. BG is also soothing 'ruk ja' by zoe viccaji.
11) meri beti: addresses the issue that what makes a mother.  the act of one birthing or the one who brings up the child And gives it place in society.Who is worthy of being called a mother. A divorcee hides the fact she has a child and gives it to her mother and marries again. Her daughter is brought up as her sister and an aunt to her children. When time of her marriage arises the maternal instinct of the real mother awakens whose desicions ruin the future of her daughter/sister. A beautuful story very natural acting and sweet dialogues and BG is amazing by sajjad ali. One of the sweetest stories made on mothers love.
12) mera naam yusuf hai:  yusuf sees zulaika on a train and is besotted with her. He stalks her to her house and a few days later confesses his love. She is the daughter of a cleric and from a conservatice family. Her family is divided on whom to get her married the cousin from fathers side or motjers side whike she has started ti form feelings for yusuf. It was an okay show but like hamza ali ppl will watxh poop even if it has maya ali in it. It was too regressive and middleclass for my taste I dunno how ppl liked it 

Edited by SaraFatma - 7 years ago
SaraFatma thumbnail
Thankyou all. 
I try my best to update you as you all are new to turk and pak shows and your views are also limited to what zindagi chooses to show you. 

I could tell you though that pak shows used to be pre recorded but now about 6 to 10 sometimes 15 eps are pre recorded and after seeing response of the audience script is altered and a suitable ending given. The episodes are between 22 till 30. After 30 audiences dont watch even if show is hit.

Because only 1 episode of hour long is shown once a week. Viewers cant wait for 30 weeks its sheer torture.

Turk shows in 1st season have 13 eps. The scripts are pre made  and first 4 to 5 eps are precrecord. If its a hit they extend to second season or add more eps in the first s3ason. Each epp is niw 2 hours long. The budget of each episode is as much as a feature length movie. And if it has actors like Engin akyurek, tuba buyukustun, beren, kivanc then they are paid in millions of dollars so even more expensive.

Turk tv industry is the 2nd most famous tv industry after american tv shows and most exported tv shows are from turkey.
Just like bollywood is big, turk tv is also as big. You have been just introduced to it but it has been competing with bollywood and hollywood for last 8 years in arab and european zones while 4 years in uk, usa, desi zones. Its been a year since 40 more countries were introduced to it. Overall 150 countries watch turkush tv shows. Its a bigger number than the number of countries that watch bollywood or hollywood. 

Getting hold of the actors is as hard as getting hold of say tom cruse or brad pitt. Imagine SRK or salman ki level of fans craziness across multiple countries.
muthina thumbnail

Originally posted by: roni_berna

I loved Feriha as it was a pure romantic tale while Fatmagul is a intense story...It was going slow until yesterday when it finally picked up pace and am loving whatever I saw till now ðŸ˜³

I also felt same as you,now fatmagul is making to know what happens next.Feriha made to be curious from first episode until few episodes of second season.
SaraFatma thumbnail
 I find it quiet pointless to compare shows. Zindagi has got the best shows to telecast on thier channel. 
Uselessly the fans are creating competition and bad mouthing shows. 
Ultimately channel will think viewers dont like them and stop telecasting and replace with old indian shows.

During 2014 karadayi and kuzey guney fans fought alot and bad mouthed the other show and urdu1 stopped telecasting both as a result. They created such bad viral response out of insecurity that channel replaced with yeh rishta kya kehlata hai loool.

Also it will be loss for indian fans as they just got taste of the 2nd turk show. There are so many more you have to catch up on.
Already india is 4 years behind as far as turk content is concerned. 
Paks learned thier lesson and now all fans support all shows and actors.  Because channel dont play otherwise. 

If already there is so much drama then fatmagul will be the last turk show ever aired on indian tv.

We have 4 channels that show turk shows in pak so competition keeps the channels busy bringing new hit turk shows. You only have zindagi so u dont have much choice as of yet.

I can only advice that enjoy the shows. 
Also u can always watch new urdu dubbs on youtube. 
Im guessing if turk shows get a stable viewership then zondagi channel might even purchase the recent hit ones and keep upto date with urdu1 and geo kahanis schedule. So fans dont watch urdu dubbs first.

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I recently watched Kash Aisa ho but midway as i like Saba qamar . And no doubt she comes as strong personality . But was disappointed with the ending . How can a woman accept a person who was totally jerk. why does she need a crutch ? I have some friends from Pakistan in FB., said the same that why showing the flop shows . And Sara Fatma you are right about catching the attention of youngsters . ZGH became the big hit .And then HS and people slowly started watching Zindagi channel . AFK is love story and i was really surprised when saw guys liking the show .  For me it ended at 62 . Now Fatmagul is keenly watched in villages . People like to watch  good contents. 
 Watching Dil Laggi , like it but felt its dragging a bit , . then saw some of Udari which has hard hitting story . Infact what i found that people prefer to watch new Pak show on internet .I also watching  Turkish on internet . But will take time and People are liking . Besharam is Saba Qamar's . only saw 2-3 episodes . Infact  new ones comes once in a week so i wait for some episodes to be aired . 
                  AFK & then Fatmagul are  no different what i found similarities are very familiar in my country also . Reason is Turkey is bridge between east and west .  
Edited by Neerjaa - 7 years ago