Im disappointed about Balika Vadhus end: Mahhi Vij

RainbowKitty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

I'm disappointed about Balika Vadhu's end: Mahhi Vij

• Kavita Awaasthi, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
  •  |  
  • Updated: Aug 01, 2016 17:42 IST
Actor Mahhi Vij says she enjoys working. After her comeback, she won't sit at home.

Mahhi Vij came on board Balika Vadhu expecting that the show will continue its long run. But it ended within three months of her joining the show.

"I am disappointed. It was on air for a long time, and when I joined, I thought it would go on for a while more," says Mahhi, who returned to acting after a hiatus of three years with this show. In the past, the actor starred in the hit show Laagi Tujhse Lagan in 2009 and was also part of Nach Baliye 5 in 2013.

Mahhi says she suspected something is not right when the show shifted from an 8pm slot to a 6.30pm one. "I felt things were going wrong. As an actor, my job is to act to the best of my ability. So, it wasn't my place to express any concerns about the time slot. But, I am also happy that I was part of the end phase of such an iconic show," she says, adding, "I looked the prettiest on the show. People reacted positively to my role, which was wonderful. It was a great experience, and I made some good friends such as Ruslaan Mumtaz on the sets."

Mahhi is keen on signing another project soon.

Now, Mahhi is keen on signing another project soon, and doesn't want a long break between her shows. "I enjoy working. I won't sit at home. Now, people in the industry know that I am actively working. During my break, there were rumours that I was pregnant, but that was not true," says the actor.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/tv/i-m-disappointed-about-balika-vadhu-s-end-mahhi-vij/story-PfUzikEwqw5zbHv3Rt66MP.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kate-nic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hina-

"I looked the prettiest on the show. People reacted positively to my role, which was wonderful. 

🤣joke of the day ðŸ¤£
I think its high time she accept this fact the show did not end because of time slot it was because she along with other cast and writers , director ,colors fiction  heads failed big time to connect it with viewers 
Deb07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Woman at least in this show you did not act. Better look at youself.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Lols the lady seems to be in denial.😛
If the show had been performing as per the expectations of the channel it would not have been shifted to an evening slot.

It is the combination of bad writing bad choice of cast and substandard performances from the cast that lead not only to the demise of the show but also to the change in airing time
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I had read somewhere that when Mahi took this project, a lot of people had warned her that it may go off air as less as in six months. I guess it was published in some daily.

It is natural for any actor to feel disappointed when his/her show goes off air in such short time, but its hard to believe that the actress who has spent so many years in industry, is so naive to not foresee the obvious.

The way the story was going it looked pretty clear that it won't last long. Don't know why the current leads are so shocked about it. 😕 
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
she always seems to love talking about her looks I remember her giving statements like aishwarya rai couldn't take her eyes off her and saw herself in mahi...
Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kate-nic

🤣joke of the day ðŸ¤£

I think its high time she accept this fact the show did not end because of time slot it was because she along with other cast and writers , director ,colors fiction  heads failed big time to connect it with viewers 

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Let the donkey brag and feel good about herself.🤡