DARLING - Chapter 4 TEASER - Page 5

-Nive- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi!!

This is my first story in Writers Corner. I usually write stories in Kumkum Bhagya Forum. But this is something that I can't link with the show and I wanted it to be not associated with any characters already well established. I have been reading wonderful stories here and this is the first time I dared to post my story here :)

This story is about four people - Ragini, Shruthi, Prem and Akash.

Chapter 1 - Page 2
Chapter 2 - Page 3
Chapter 3 - Page 4

Excerpt from Chapter 1

"You should stop calling me Darling", she said as she opened the door of their new home. The room was dusty and dark. Ragini opened the windows and allowed the room to be filled with the morning sun rays.

"Why? What's the problem?", asked Ragini.

"Don't you see people's reactions when you call me Darling? They look at us weirdly", reasoned Shruthi.

"But I like calling you like that. Shruthi..", she paused for a second and Shruthi was surprised that Ragini called her by her name. They had been friends for the past five years and not once she called Shruthi by her name.

Ragini was the shy and introvert girl who doesn't mingle with the world when she joined the school in which Shruthi was studying. She didn't talk to anyone and was always alone. One day Shruthi went to school early and saw Ragini leaning over a pillar outside their classroom crying. Shruthi was always a kind person and she didn't need to know someone well to help them. She went towards Ragini and asked her whether there was any problem. Ragini replied no and left the place wiping her tears. It was their first meeting.

"This name doesn't suit you. You know? Darling is what suits you better sweetheart", said Ragini as she brought their luggage inside bursting Shruthi's hopes.

"Sweetheart?", Shruthi paused for a second with a sigh and continued, "I really wonder whether you really don't know what I am saying or act like you don't know"

"Darling, why are you making it an issue? Friends calling each other darling, sweetheart etc is normal and almost everyone does it."

"Yes I agree. But people don't shout Darling, Help Me when they fall down. You keep getting us in embarrassing situations. All the people around us looked at us like we were a couple."

Ragini started laughing.

"Stop laughing now. We have to get this place cleaned soon. We will be joining college tomorrow and we might not get enough free time to clean all these. So we have to do it today. I will go make a call to mom and tell that we have reached", said Shruthi.

Ragini thought that she should call Akash and inform that they have reached Mumbai since Shruthi was talking to her mom and she wouldn't see Ragini talking on phone. She was feeling guilty that she was the reason for Akash and Shruthi's breakup. She wanted to mend their relationship by any means.

Please do share your opinion about the story. Criticisms and comments welcome 😊

Edited by -Nive- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Intriguing dear!!waiting to read more!😳
Love,
Aanvi
-jaya- thumbnail
So,they are best friends and ragini is feeling guilty for Akash and shruthi's breakup...does shruthi knows ragini is responsible or not??? will be interesting to see shruthi's POV on breakup...

interesting... Will be waiting for the next update.. 😳 ❤️
Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dear Nivetha,
I am thinking of sulking that I almost missed this start - it seems to be a very intriguing start and promises to be a great tale.

Ragini and Shruti are good friends, and Ragini is responsible for Shruti and Akash's break up and want them to make up. Shruti is a little embarrassed by the way Ragini addresses her as Darling - all in all a very intriguing start. I am hooked, do update soon.

love,
Nyna 

PS- do pm me about your updates
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing start 😳
It is true, best friends do call each other that 😉
I can't wait to see why Ragini is guilty for their breakup.
I can't wait to see how th relationship between the two girls matured. 😊
Do update soon :)
-Nive- thumbnail
Originally posted by: aanvi98

Intriguing dear!!waiting to read more!😳

Love,
Aanvi

Thank you for welcoming my story 😊 😳
-Nive- thumbnail
Originally posted by: jaydp59

So,they are best friends and ragini is feeling guilty for Akash and shruthi's breakup...does shruthi knows ragini is responsible or not??? will be interesting to see shruthi's POV on breakup...

interesting... Will be waiting for the next update.. 😳 ❤️

Thank you JD!! You will get to know about Shruthi's POV soon.
-Nive- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Nivetha,

I am thinking of sulking that I almost missed this start - it seems to be a very intriguing start and promises to be a great tale.

Ragini and Shruti are good friends, and Ragini is responsible for Shruti and Akash's break up and want them to make up. Shruti is a little embarrassed by the way Ragini addresses her as Darling - all in all a very intriguing start. I am hooked, do update soon.

love,
Nyna 

PS- do pm me about your updates

Thank you Nyna for the heartwarming comment 😊

Will PM :)
-Nive- thumbnail
Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Amazing start 😳

It is true, best friends do call each other that 😉
I can't wait to see why Ragini is guilty for their breakup.
I can't wait to see how th relationship between the two girls matured. 😊
Do update soon :)

Thank you 😊

Posting the next update now.
-Nive- thumbnail

Note: I have used blue colour for flashbacks while the rest are denoted in black colour.

Chapter 1

"You should stop calling me Darling", she said as she opened the door of their new home. The room was dusty and dark. Ragini opened the windows and allowed the room to be filled with the morning sun rays.

"Why? What's the problem?", asked Ragini.

"Don't you see people's reactions when you call me Darling? They look at us weirdly", reasoned Shruthi.

"But I like calling you like that. Shruthi..", she paused for a second and Shruthi was surprised that Ragini called her by her name. They had been friends for the past five years and not once she called Shruthi by her name.

Ragini was the shy and introvert girl who doesn't mingle with the world when she joined the school in which Shruthi was studying. She didn't talk to anyone and was always alone. One day Shruthi went to school early and saw Ragini leaning over a pillar outside their classroom crying. Shruthi was always a kind person and she didn't need to know someone well to help them. She went towards Ragini and asked her whether there was any problem. Ragini replied no and left the place wiping her tears. It was their first meeting.

"This name doesn't suit you. You know? Darling is what suits you better sweetheart", said Ragini as she brought their luggage inside bursting Shruthi's hopes."Sweetheart?", Shruthi paused for a second with a sigh and continued, "I really wonder whether you really don't know what I am saying or act like you don't know"

"Darling, why are you making it an issue? Friends calling each other darling, sweetheart etc is normal and almost everyone does it."

"Yes I agree. But people don't shout Darling, Help Me when they fall down. You keep getting us in embarrassing situations. All the people around us looked at us like we were a couple."

Ragini started laughing.

"Stop laughing now. We have to get this place cleaned soon. We will be joining college tomorrow and we might not get enough free time to clean all these. So we have to do it today. I will go make a call to mom and tell that we have reached", said Shruthi.

Ragini thought that she should call Akash and inform that they have reached Mumbai since Shruthi was talking to her mom and she wouldn't see Ragini talking on phone. She was feeling guilty that she was the reason for Akash and Shruthi's breakup. She wanted to mend their relationship by any means.

Shruthi informed her mom that they have reached their place. When her mom started complaining about Shruthi choosing a small house with just a hall and kitchen, Shruthi reminded her mom about the difficulty of getting a house for rent in Mumbai within their budget. She also added that it was more than enough for two girls.

"You always have explanations. OK. Don't do all work on your own as always. Let Ragini also do some work", said Mom.

"Maa", stretched Shruthi.

"Fine. I won't talk about her", replied her mom.

While Shruthi was busy talking to her mom, Ragini had called Akash and informed him about her plan. "Bye. See you tomorrow", Ragini cut the call as Shruthi had finished talking to her mom. They started cleaning the place. It took almost five hours for them to get the place ready and arrange their things. Both of them were tired to cook anything so they skipped their lunch and slept. It was past evening when they woke up and they ended their day by having dinner at a roadside stall.

"Good Night Darling", said Ragini and covered her face with her blanket.

Shruthi who was lying near her also replied Good Night. She looked at the sky through the vertical lines of the window bars. It was the second time she was staying away from her family. The first time she stayed away was last year and she could never forget that for it changed her life forever.

"Wake up lazy"

Ragini woke up to Shruthi's voice.

"You also started using nicknames", said Ragini stretching her arms.

"I called you Ragini a couple of times but you woke up only when I called you lazy"

Shruthi was combing her hair in front of the mirror. Ragini gathered her bedsheets and blankets from the floor. By the time, Ragini brushed her teeth, Shruthi was ready for college.

"How long will you take? Go and get ready soon. I am not cooking today. We have to eat breakfast somewhere else. I don't want us to be late on the first day of college."

They reached college just in time. As they reached the Chemistry classroom, Shruthi said bye to Ragini and entered the class. Ragini hurried to the Mathematics classroom in the second floor.

First day of class started with students' introducing themselves and their reason for choosing the subject.

"I am Ragini. I opted for M.Sc. Mathematics because I love Mathematics. Without Mathematics, there life would be impossible. Mathematics is not just about numbers. It's about understanding the world, knowing the unknown and relating unrelatable things"

The same happened in Shruthi's classroom.
"My name is Shruthi. I come from Bangalore. I love Chemistry. Chemistry teaches us life. Chemistry is like God. It can create things as well as destroy things. Chemistry... "

Someone's sudden noisy appearance by the door disturbed her speech. He was very lean that he almost looked like a pencil. Not to mention about his black tee and pants, he looked exactly like a pencil. The professor asked him to come inside. He asked Shruthi to sit down and asked the guy to introduce himself. He introduced himself as Prem and when asked why he chose to study Chemistry, he said that he wanted to study Mathematics but he joined Chemistry as his parents didn't believe that he could really pass Mathematics exams. The whole class laughed at his explanation.

"Why did you join M.Sc. then?"

"My parents asked me to"

"What are you going to do next?"

"I will become a Professor like you"

Everyone was amused at his reply except the professor which was evident when he irritatedly asked Prem to sit down. Prem sat on the table adjacent to Shruthi's table. Within five minutes of the class, Prem's pen stopped writing. He asked the guy next to him for a pen but he didn't have an extra pen. Shruthi saw this and offered him one quickly. He whispered thanks and the professor saw them talking.

"What is happening Mr.Prem? Your parents asked you to talk during a lecture?", shouted the professor.

"Sorry sir"

"Sit down", shouted the Professor.

Bell rang and students started coming out of the classroom. Ragini was walking towards Shruthi's classroom.

"Hey!", Shruthi heard someone calling her.

"Your pen. Thanks", said Prem adjusting his backpack. He then said that he forgot to ask her name. She said Shruthi.

"My name is", he tried to introduce himself.

"Prem", she finished his sentence. When he told her bye and left, Ragini arrived at the scene.

"Darling. Shall we go home?", she asked and Shruthi turned back to see her.

"We will have lunch at the canteen and then go home", she replied.

"Canteen? No, we will go to some restaurant.", said Ragini.

"Restaurant? But that would be costly na? We should keep our expenses under control...", Shruthi couldn't continue her talk after seeing Ragini's sad face.

"Fine. We will go to a restaurant"

They walked towards the bus stop nearby but Ragini took an auto to the restaurant she wanted to go.

"So you had already planned and selected a restaurant? It was not a last minute thing?", Shruthi stared at Ragini.

"Come-on Darling! Going to a restaurant is not a big deal"

They entered the restaurant. It wasn't a five star hotel but a decent one. They picked a table of two and when the waiter came, Ragini went to the washroom excusing herself. Akash came and sat on the chair before her. He asked the waiter to come after some time. Shruthi tried to get up but Akash held her hand.

"Leave my hand", said Shruthi.

"Listen to me first", said Akash.

Shruthi told him that there was nothing to be talked between them. Akash asked her to give him a chance. "I can't take chances with my life", said Shruthi and left the place pulling his hand off hers.

Ragini came out chasing Shruthi.

"Hey darling, you left me alone and came out.", said Ragini trying to sound genuine.

"You called him, right?", asked Shruthi as she stopped walking.

"What? Who? I didn't call anyone."

"Stop trying to lie"

Ragini looked down indicating that she had indeed called Akash.

"Why did you do this? I thought we were done over this in Bangalore itself. Wait a minute? Now, I get it why you wanted us to study in Mumbai. It's because he is in Mumbai, right?"

"No, it's not like that. I accept I called him here but I didn't mean to study here for him. I want you guys to make up. I don't want to be the reason for the failure of your relationship."

Shruthi held both of Ragini's arms and asked her why was she blaming herself for something she was not responsible.

"How many times should I tell you that you are not the reason for me breaking up with him. I no longer love him. I don't even like him. Do you get it?", she almost shouted at her.

"And that's why you are still keeping his letter safe?"

Shruthi denied Ragini's claim but it was clear that she was lying from the way she avoided looking at Ragini. Before Ragini could talk anything, Shruthi told her that they would talk about this later and boarded an auto. Ragini had no choice but to board the auto and they had a silent journey.

After reaching home, Shruthi made sandwiches for both of them. Ragini had her earphones on since they reached their home and she pretended to be angry with Shruthi. She ate the sandwiches but didn't talk to Shruthi.

It was 8 pm and Shruthi lost her patience.

"Listen, why are you not talking with me? You have no reason to be angry. In fact, I should be angry with you.."

"Why is that? Only you can be angry? No one else in the world has that right?"

"You are talking too much", told Shruthi as she poured a glass of water over Ragini's face.

"How dare you? Eww.. You spoiled my hair", she said touching her wet hair. Ragini hated getting wet in water and Shruthi knew it very well yet she poured water. This made Ragini even more angry. She tried grab Shruthi's hands but she escaped. Shruthi started running and Ragini started chasing her. The room was small for anyone to run but they kept on running and chasing until they became tired. They finally collapsed on the floor.

"You won't stop talking to me, right?", asked Shruthi.

"You won't pour water on me, right?", asked Ragini instead of replying to her question.

They chuckled. There was nothing but silence as they sleepily grabbed their pillows and called it a day. After few minutes, Ragini started talking while looking at the ceiling.

"You know, you should really talk to Akash once at least for me. I know he hurt you but it was not intentional. He was angry at that time and it was not a big deal. Anybody would get angry if their lover doesn't turn up for such an important event of their life. Isn't it childish to break up for such a reason? I know you still have feelings for him. How beautiful it would be to have the three of us being friends and spending time again? Why don't you let go of your anger and talk to him? He loves you a lot. That's why he keeps coming to you."

Ragini stopped her talk as she turned towards Shruthi and found that she had started sleeping.

She remembered the day she Akash and Shruthi met for the first time.

Shruthi was walking home after school and she saw some boy troubling Ragini.

"Hey how long will you walk? Come with me", told the boy pushing his motorbike along with him.

"I said na. Please"

"Come with me na. I will drop you at home"

The boy seemed to be persistent.

"What do you want?", said Shruthi suddenly appearing before him.

"Who are you?", asked the boy.

"That's not your problem. Why are you disturbing her?", asked Shruthi with her arms crossed.

While they kept talking, Ragini was lost in thoughts and continued walking.

"She is my cousin. OK? Don't act as if you know everything" replied the boy.

Shruthi was taken aback that he was Ragini's cousin but she managed to continue her firmness.

"So what if she is your cousin. If she doesn't want to come with you, why are you forcing her?"

The boy replied that Ragini had lost her parents recently and she started staying with them since then. He also told her that Ragini attempted to jump from the terrace the previous night and that's why he was cautious of leaving her alone. They then saw Ragini walking alone few metres ahead of them.

"Why should I explain this all to you?", said the boy and looked around for Ragini but realized that she was walking alone.

"God, I left Ragini alone because of you", the boy started going behind Ragini saying this angrily.

Edited by -Nive- - 7 years ago