Theortical Knowledge vs Practical Knowledge

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
One of the most beautiful aspect of Ram-Ravan face off yesterday was Ram highlighting about Brahma Gyaan. Yes Ravan is knowledgeable. He has the knowledge, vedas, sastras everything. But does he know Brahma, does he know Prakriti. Answer is no. Because if you know Brahma, if you know Prakriti its working you will never misuse your knowledge. 
You will understand the knowledge you possess is just a drop of water in the vast ocean of Prakriti. Every moment you will bow in front of Prakriti to show you the way, open up paths for you. You will respect and worship nature as supreme. A miracle. A power that has the same rules for anything that survives on it. You will understand it is Karma Sakshi. It moves as per your karma and it gives you back as per your karma. No gender, religion, racism, country affects it. 
If you have this knowledge you wont berate anyone. But on the other hand if you take the words in the books as it is without understanding the inner meanings, symbolisms in it you will end up having ego. You will end up having superiority complex and then you will base rules to prove you are right. Theortical knowledge is the bane of modern society. Terrorism has its roots in theoretical knowledge. Without understanding dharma, you wage a war on dharma. Look at the rule Ram says a dharma yudh doesnt happen after sun set. But are the terrorists in the name of some dharma yudh doing any dharma yudh. 
Patriarichy has its roots in theortical knowledge. Highlighting only the funeral part which a son has to perform. Not highlighting the punya or moksha a father gets when he does Kanyadan of a girl as per her wish to an eligible groom. Our vedas talk about fertility rituals that are mostly done by woman. Woman stand for life , that is why she is given more importance in functions such as marriage and childbirth. A man stands for death that is why he is given importance for funeral rituals and rituals related to death. 
By ignoring woman our society has ignored life and everyday facing death. Death comes to them in various forms now. Because without woman there is no life. Without Prakriti there is no life. And Prakriti was called Shakthi or Adiparashakthi by our ancestors. 

Brahma gyan makes you understand this Prakriti and co exist with her. Theortical knowledge you make Prakriti the destructive force which takes you down as well as your race. 

Respect knowledge. Be humble before it. At any point you only hold a drop of it. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
As usual very thought provoking post, Shruthidi :)))
I wud have read yesterday, but from mobile was not able to copy the link 

Ravan didn't understand the essence of the Vedas , he didn't see into the inner meaning of the words hence he the name of protecting his Kul 's respect he was fighting for his personal ego ...

I agree on those terrorist activities in the name of religion. No religion teaches u to spread terror, disrespect woman or male Chauvinism but we unintentionally or maybe intentionally mis interpret to cause trouble.. Even today few people blame Sita for crossing Lakshman Rekha and Draupadi for laughing at Kauravs  :(( nd use it to bind women 

shruthiravi thumbnail
@aditi Sita crossing Lakshman Rekha is really a headache. It has affected the women psychologically. Dig deeper, even we will find ourselves affected by it. The emotional binding patriarichy has done on woman is a real bane. Woman think they are supposed to behave in certain way to survive in this society.
attubaby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Again..a very thought provoking post๐Ÿ‘...If both men and women can understand their respective roles and mutual worth, the world will become a better place to live๐Ÿ˜Š. 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Exactly if both appreciate their roles this world would be a better place.
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderfully explained Shruti !
Knowledge and understanding of Prakrit  gives way to one's humility and thereby leads a peaceful and most successful life . 
That conversation between Ram and Ravan was beautiful and also.seemed to be a  Trailer to the upcoming events or rather results of the war . The Samvad was well done !
Liked the overconfident Ravan and the fully calm and composed Ram .
Ravan was quite tied with an open challenge by Ram who let him free to go ahead with his a adharmaic ways if he wished so ! Quite a " noiseless slap "on his ego !
Today's problems are an obvious result of lack of this Bhramagyan ! As otherwise people would realise the futility of their so called causes ! It seems more focussed in keeping the mind away from any sense of the word Knowledge at all ! As once people begin to see the clear picture the understanding would dawn wrt Prakriti and no more will there be any need for the weapons of any kind .
Alas , that seems to be the case . Maya playing its part !

Edited by vipraja26 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@vipraja Brahma gyan needs humility. A knowledge we need everything and everyone on this planet and we can survive only with others.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Let me draw a parallel here. Just as the Brahma gyaan needs humility, so does wielding the Brahmastra. Rama, Lakshmana and Meghnad could do it, Ravan never used it in Yudh Kand. 
And theoretical knowledge is needed for the practical knowledge to be put to use, just like Sanskriti and Prakriti go hand n hand, Rama and Krishna go hand in hand, or Vishnu and Shiva go hand in hand. If one has both, and accept knowledge with humility and love, they will understand the meaning of everything. Anger and irritation will go away.

SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi Sita crossing Lakshman Rekha is really a headache. It has affected the women psychologically. Dig deeper, even we will find ourselves affected by it. The emotional binding patriarichy has done on woman is a real bane. Woman think they are supposed to behave in certain way to survive in this society.

Would you whack me if I tell you I don't think that is true? My Dharma is Krishna's word, and what He has taught me so far is to be myself, and have faith in Him; come what may, He will protect me. 
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Double post ๐Ÿ˜•
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago