Sahara92 Vibarth ff continues

Jessie92 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys,

This is Sahara. I can't get access to my account anymore so I am using a friends account.
I just thought I would start a new topic and continue to story. I also lost all my contacts and friends so please just add Jessie so I can pm those of you would you like to know when I have updated.

Sorry for going MIA, but life was really really hectic :p

Parth felt her shiver against him and it just added to his guilt. He pulled her closer to his chest and hoped that it protect her against the chill. He gently shook her, trying to get her to look at him. But she still didn't and kept her face buried in his chest.
"I thought something had...I was scared that you were..."
"I am okay."
But she still latched onto him even tighter. He sighed.
The rain was starting to come down even harder and he could feel her grow even colder. They couldn't stay out much longer without getting completely drenched. He put his bag on his shoulder and despite the protest from his back he picked her up and began walking the rest of the way towards house. As he was carrying her, she finally looked up at him. She had spotted the bandage right away, but was more worried about the injuries she couldn't see. His face looked leaner and paler with small stubble already showing, and his eyes only seemed half open as if he was making a conscious effort to keep them open. Despite the obvious weakness, he still managed to carry her weight without seeming to be bothered by it.
"Where?"
Vibha broke out of her thoughts and starred at him in confusion. Parth nodded towards the stairs and the other two hallways.
"Which way to the room?"
"It's up the stairs and the last door on the right. But let me down, I can walk"
Parth ignored her as he turned to look ahead and made his way up the stairs with her still in his arms. He kicked the door to the room that she had indicated to and walked in. It was quite a large room with two doors leading to a large balcony. He bent down to place her on the bed and turned to drop his bags on the corner of the room. He knew the questions that were already building in her head and were to come bombarding him, but right now he needed a moment to gather himself. He knew he wanted to tell her everything, but he didn't think there was a way to do it without worrying her. He slowly turned to look at her. She had her back resting against the bed and had bent her legs against her chest. She was blatantly staring at him with clear anxiety over her face.
"Are you really okay?"
It was barely an audible whisper, but it also took all her strength to ask him that question in fear of the answer. He gradually walked towards the bed and sat at the corner, right in front of her.
"Yes"
There was no uncertainty or waiver in his voice. But he had said with a certain essence of finality, as if to ensure that there was no room for misinterpretation.
She nodded before looking up at him.
"That bandage says otherwise, Parth"
His definition of okay was a lot different to hers. He always endured and seemed to come out of it stronger. But he was just as sensitive as he was strong. That fact about him infuriated her as well as seemed to melt her.
He moved closer to her and began to lean into her. As he drew closer, she inched back until her head hit the headboard. But he still moved closer. He brushed away the strands hiding her face. She looked so vulnerable in that moment, as if she would break in a moment. He leaned over and gently kissed her near her lips and felt her release a breath against his skin.
He stared at her with wide eyes, impatiently awaiting her reaction. There was such innocence in him. Vibha couldn't help but reach towards him. She avoided touching his bandage, but carefully ran her fingers over his stubble. He looked a little different with it, a good different. But she still liked him clean shaven better, the way she had seen him the first time.
"Promise, I am okay"
"How bad..."
He just shrugged in response.
"Parth!"
He sighed. She had that teacher-ness in her tone. And with that tone, he knew there was no way of dodging the question. She had always been so patient and mature with everyone. But with him, she could be strict and pushy and in the next moment she could be child-like. He pulled her legs to make her lie on the bed instead of just sit against it, and then he lay on his stomach next to her. He took her hand and pulled her to him and wrapped his arm around her waist. He inched his face closer to hers and ran his fingers to trace her face. Her skin felt so soft and delicate.
"I was in the hospital, but only for the day"
She bit her lower lip and remained quiet.
"Really, I am fine"
She gave him a small nod and tucked into him.
"Kya hua tha?"
"He wanted a fight and he got one. I was distracted when he pushed me and I fell onto some glass"

"How did it happen? Why did he fight with you?"

Parth shrugged. There really wasn't an answer to that question, or if there was he didn't know how to put it to words.

"It sort of just happened. He was a little drunk and angry more than anything else. He seems to lose himself to his anger and forfeit all control to it. "

He turned to his side and stared at her. He could see the suspicion in her growing and the questions forming. And she saw fear and hesitation creep into him. She ran her fingers near his eyes and smoothed out the creases.

"It scares me sometimes. I have seen him angry and its scares me because I have also feel it take over me. It's like everything disappears, and I can't even think. It scares me that I may be like him...that in my anger I may hurt someone, someone that I care about. And if that ever happens, I don't think I could even forgive myself."

He turned to stare directly at her.

"I don't want to be like him. Vibha, I don't want to hurt anyone..."

"Parth, you are nothing like him and you can never be like him"

"How do you know?"

She leaned over and kissed him on the forehead.

"Because you are nothing like him. There isn't even a single grain of wrong in you. There is anger Parth and yes it scares me.

He stiffed at that and tried to look away to hide the hurt and embarrassment her words had brought. But she stopped him from moving.

"Parth, mujhe iss liye nahi darr lagta ki kahin tum mujhe hurt karoge, par iss liye kyunki tum khud ko hi hurt karto"

She ran her fingers gently over the sensitive skin under the bandage and moved the strands that covered it.

"How do you not see it, Parth? It is always you that gets hurt. You put yourself before harm's way in order to protect others and even if your anger is directed towards others, you end up hurting yourself. And I can't see you that way. I can't see you in so much pain."

He gave her a small nod in understanding. He realized that even though he was quick to get angry she didn't seem him that way. Or at least, she was able to see beyond his anger.

He inched closer to her and was about to move even closer when the commotion from outside broke the silence. It was a mixture of car horns and uncontrollable laughter.

"I think your friends are here"
"Hmm. But we have a few minutes"

She just curled closer to him and closed her eyes. While she was resting with her eyes closed, he still couldn't turn his mind off. But instead of thinking about their conversation, he was now thinking about the people just a floor beneath them.

"Vibha..."
"Hmmm?"
"You guys have been friends for a very long time, right?"
"Yeah"
She was getting curious as to where he was taking this conversation. She already felt him getting a little bit more fidgety.

"So, uhh, they are an important part of your life. And I really shouldn't screw this up"
Vibha couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her. She never imagined him being nervous about meeting her friends. But then again, it was just like him. She turned to lie on top of him and pecked his cheek.

"Don't worry, you can't"
"But, what if I do"
"Then we will all just start over again. Now come on, I want everyone to meet you."
She pulled him by the hand and dragged him downstairs. The entire group was surrounding the table of food and seemed as if multiple conversations we going on. However, when they entered the room, everything came to a halt and everyone turned to look at them. Parth gulped, but Vibha had a firm grip on his hand. He wasn't sure if it was to reassure him or to stop him from turning back. He suspected that it was the later reason.

Manik was the first to break out of the haze and walkover to them. He stared at Vibha, who stared right back at him. They seemed be having a silent conversation, well more like an argument. Parth was starting to get uncomfortable, especially when Vibha stopped staring and started glaring at Manik. Finally, it ended with Manik giving her a small nod and with her sporting a triumphant smirk.

Manik turned to Parth and held is hand out. Parth gave him a firm shake.

"Hey"

But Manik didn't respond.

"You were supposed to be here a while ago. Thought you weren't going to show"

Parth stiffened. But before he could reply, Vibha spoke up.

"He got held up"
"He could have called"
"He did"
"He could have called sooner"

Now Vibha was starting feel a little anger build up.

"He did more than anyone would ever have. Now, please just drop it"

Manik nodded. Introductions were made and the food was passed around. Parth watched as a bystander as the large group segregated into smaller ones. The boys seemed to gather around the television, with most of them engrossed in the game. Though, he could feel Manik watching him from the corner of his eyes. The girls were all sitting on the couch. Vibha was still standing beside him and holding on to him. He felt less tense with her beside him, but she shouldn't have to.

"You should go and be with your friends."
"I want to be here"
"You can come back here. But go talk to your friends. They have missed you"
She looked like she wanted to argue with him, but before she could he spoke up.
"I will be okay. I promise. Now go, and mingle"

Vibha hesitated. "Are you sure?"
He nodded.
"Promise, if you feel uncomfortable, you will come and find me"
He nodded again.

She slowly let go of his arm and headed towards the couch. He waited second before and watched her look right back at him. She looked as if she wanted to come back, but before she could he turned to head towards the food table.
Mingling and socializing were just not his things. It was stupid really. But he was comfortable being a silent, angry and closed-off type. But situations like these, it made him nervous. He was still lost in his thought and didn't notice someone approach him.
"Hi"
He turned to look at the timid, short girl staring at him.
He nodded in response. But then realized it came off as rude. So he put on a small smile.
"Hi, I am Parth"
"Nandini"

He looked past her and glanced at the other girls on the couch and then turned back to look at her. She seemed different from the other girls of the group. Especially, considering, that now, Manik's eyes were fixed on them.
"Did you also go to Warrior High?"
Her mouth was full, so instead of replying she shook her head. He hid a small smile at that.

"No, I am not really part of the Fab Five. But, we do go it the same school and are friends."

From the way Manik was watching her, Parth could tell they were more than just friends. But he wasn't one to pry, so he just nodded.

"So..."
"Huh?"
"So, how do you know Vibha?"
"Oh, uhh well Vibha mam was my teacher at Warrior High"

Nandini smiled. "You travelled all the way here for her. And she can't stop staring at you."

Parth quickly turned to look back and was surprised to find her staring at him. He gave her a reassuring smile, but she didn't turn away. And she wasn't smiling at him anymore either. He saw something flash across her face. But before he could figure out her look, she turned away.

"And from that look, I would definitely say she isn't just that"
Parth couldn't help his face from flushing.
"I could also mention Manik staring at you"
She looked past him and Manik staring at them as well.
"Hmm"
Parth moved to sit on the stairs and Nandini took a seat beside him. He wasn't a natural at conversing or mingling, but this seemed like the exception. He didn't mind chatting with her. She mostly talked and mostly about school, singing and some more about school.

"Here I will put away our plates"
She handed him her plate and smiled her thanks before heading off towards the girls clutter. He walked into the kitchen and was putting away the dishes when someone came up behind him.

"So..."
He schooled a small smile before it grew into a full grin. He turned to look at Vibha, who had her arms at her hips and was staring at him.

"So?"

She let out an exaggerated breath.

"So, you must have had a lot to say today. You and Nandini seemed to have been talking for a very long time."
"Not really, she mostly talked. But it was nice"
"It's just rare to see you talking and mingling with anyone"
"I talk to you"
She smiled.
"Yeah, yeah you do"
He took her hand and pulled her.
"So"
"So?"

He had turned her around and wrapped his arms around her waist while resting his head on her shoulder.

"So, I have been good, right? I was nice, and friendly. I even talked to a few of your friends and I think I was pretty good about your friends thoroughly checking me out"

She bit her lip and glad that her hair hid him from seeing her blush. She thought he hadn't noticed her friends checking him out. Guess she was wrong.

"Yeah, you were great"
"So, now can we cling to each other?"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

She laughed and leaned against him.

"Hmm, did you have anything in mind?"
"I wanted to take go out. I thought you would like to walk by the sea link, and then see where we end up"

She took his hand, and started pulling him out of the kitchen. But before they could sneak past the group, Parth bumped into someone's back. Before, Manik could completely lose his balance and fall, Parth caught him.

"Thanks"
Parth nodded in response and straightened Manik up. Vibha smiled.

"It's okay. Parth ko tho adat hai"
Parth glared at her, while Manik turned to give them a questioning look.

"Matlab?"

"Kuch nahi, she means mein weight lifting karta hoon na"
Vibha broke into a fit of laughter, while Parth glare deepened. He pulled her to him, and leaned in to whisper to her.

"Mein apko toh bade mein dekhta hoon"
"Dekh lena"

Manik cleared his throat.

"You guys going somewhere?"
"Just heading out for a bit."

Manik nodded as he watched Vibha lead Parth out.

As Parth was making his way over to the jeep, he noticed that Vibha was no longer walking beside him. He turned to find her holding a small piece of paper and staring intensely at it.

"What is this?"

"Uh, a piece of paper?"
Judging from the look she was giving him, his answer had been completely wrong. As she slowly approached him, her frown didn't leave her face. She held the paper to his face.

"I can explain"

But she didn't want to hear him out. Instead she turned away from him.
"Later! We have to get to the pharmacy before it closes"

She started to walk away, but Parth grabbed her hand.

"Let me explain"
"Later, Parth"
"Don't be upset"
She fisted her hand and turned away from him.

It had been at least a good half an hour drive, but Vibha anger hadn't simmered the slightest. He kept stealing glances of her, but her frown never wavered. He let out a sigh as he parked in front of the pharmacy. But before he could get out, she was already on her way to the pharmacy.

He watched as she spoke calmly to the pharmacists and was intensely listening and noting the instructions he gave out. His hand tightened at the steering wheel when he saw her hand him the cash for his prescription. But he didn't dare step in. When she returned, he held out his hand to take the cream from her. But she just put it in her bag along with the instructions.

"Chale?"
"Sorry"
"Chalo"
He held her by the elbow and pulled her.
"Sorry"
She let out a breath and let the tension out of her body. She rested her hand against his cheek.
"You can't do this anymore. You can just be careless about your health."
"I know. I just...so much was happening and I completely forgot about the prescription"
"It worries me"
"I will be more careful. Promise"
Vibha nodded. He kissed her on her cheek.
"Chale?"
She nodded with a smile.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Semeira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I simply love it as always and as every piece of your work. Time passed but you are as brilliant as before...its simply awesome.
The story is very well told, emotions are very well described in the way that we can easily understand and imagine in our mind the scene playing in front of us...and trust me you write soo well that it could have totally been an epi of warrior high show on MTV.

Your simply an awesome writer...maybe even the best i ever read and God knows how am a big reader