Jheel Mehta..Old Sonu (Family Album)

terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Remember Jheel Mehta aka old Sonu had opted out of the show for her SSC exams. And now, this little girl is all grown up and ready to explore the other side of her interest.

The pretty girl was just 9 nine years old when she had joined the show. However, after playing the successful character of Sonu for almost four years, she decided to take a break and concentrate on her studies.

Jheel is now 18 years old! she says, "Every single moment attached to the show will remain very close to me. Taarak Mehta...' have given me a lot in terms of fame and money. But, somewhere down the line, I wanted to do something else apart from acting. 

I was 14, when I decided to quit the show and study further. I scored 93.33% in my board exams and I was pretty happy with my decision."

Talking more about her love for studies, she says, "When I scored 93.33% in my ICSE board exams, then I took up commerce. I am currently doing BBA from NMMIS University, Mumbai and I wish to do MBA in abroad . I haven't decided yet on whether I will take finance or marketing. "

Little Jheel with her Mother

Her mother, Lata Mehta is a beautician and a homemaker. Her father, Nalin Mehta is a businessman.

with her parents

"Jheel is a very innocent and intelligent girl. She knows what she wants in her life and that makes us very proud. Whatever she wants to do in her life, we are with her. I am very proud to have a daughter like Jheel. We have never treated her as a daughter, she is like a son for us."

she is still in touch with Taarak Mehta...' actors. She sometimes visits the set and meets her co-stars.