Decoding Astika - First Impressions

whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

This is post about my views on Astika . The first impression I get from the character Astika. As I said it is first impressions it will change according to story

Astika the legend

According to Mahabharata Astika is half human and half Nag. When Janamayjaya done sarpa yagna to avenge his father, it was Astika who saved Takshak from death.

Astika the Warrior.-The dragon heart

Astika was shown as most powerful warrior. Mahabali of three worlds. For him his duty comes first. He may be rude , arrogant and tough but when it comes to duty he will finish it at any cost. He is merciless to his enemies. His enemies fear him to core. As my friends pointed out in their posts he is a combination of Bheeshma and Karna

Astika the husband

Astika - Mohini

Astika and mohini share a estranged relationship. Mohini couldn't forgive  her husband for his marriage with a human. She still harbors extreme hatred for Pranali and her son. Love is dead between them.

Astika ignores her which angers her more.๐Ÿ’”

Astika - Pranali.

Pranali is Astika's second wife. Astika was ordered by Takshak to trick Pranli into marrying him in order to get son from her. But from Mohini's conversations it indicates Astika was indeed fell in love with his human wife. Astali story is most mysterious and interesting one to unfold.

Astika the father.

Due to his duties to Takshak Astika was never father to his sons. To shankchurna he hates his father because of his betrayal to his mother.

To arjun That part is still on wraps. We will wait and watch.

Weakness

Till now Astika has no weakness. He is invincible. Nothing can break him . But I expect a tear when he first learns Arjun as his son. 

Waiting Tracks

1.   Story of Astali Romance ( flash back)โค๏ธ

2. Father son confrontations when truth is out๐Ÿ˜•

3.   The Battle of Father son

4.    Astika Pranli Reunion

5.    Astika Pranali and mohini Triangle๐Ÿ˜‰

6.. Astika's breaking point with good and evil

Lastly on Nikethn Dheer  -- He is a wonderful actor and right choice for Astika. Hats off to him.

Really liking his acting. He just steals the show.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Edited by whitewitch - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Astika loved pranali that's evident from mohini-shankachurna dialogues..and when he comes to know about arjun then I net he will surely melt because pranali cursed him with that and tomorrow we are going to witness the scene too..
And shankhachurna-arjun started hating each other with out knowing the truth..
I don't want astika to become negative,i want him to remain grey only..am loving this astika
Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhiya_12

Astika loved pranali that's evident from mohini-shankachurna dialogues..and when he comes to know about arjun then I net he will surely melt because pranali cursed him with that and tomorrow we are going to witness the scene too..
And shankhachurna-arjun started hating each other with out knowing the truth..
I don't want astika to become negative,i want him to remain grey only..am loving this astika

I guess sibling rivalry probably led to hatred at first sight as well
Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
well astika is combo of bhimshma and karna of mb who was on wrong side due to their own reasons. even astika is on wrong side, but I don't want them  to end his character like these two , but want him to accept  his mistake and  choose right path. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
and yes  I also feel they can show some triangle between astika, pranali and mohini  after all its daily soap so it can add some spice in story and niketan also will get to do something different his previous work. ๐Ÿ˜ณshow will also get two jodis
Melkor thumbnail
Astika is the most complicated character of this show.You have described him correctly.This character has many shades to it and every shade should be explored.I find him a heroic character and an anti hero rather than a villain.
He does love Pranali.It's evident.This is why I want them to explore Astali more.They should show the flashbacks in which Astali fell in love and Astali's current equation.I am saying this because not only is Astali's love story interesting but it also fits into the story perfectly.

Along with that I want to see Astika's complicated relationship with his son Arjun.Because the father and son will be pitched against each other someday.But I know that they will have love for each other in their hearts too.

Lastly I don't ever want to see Astika dying.Because he deserves a second chance for a life with his family.