Upasana Singh has Exposed Comedy nights LIVE

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

14 Jun, 2016
8 Revelations made by Upasna Singh after quitting Comedy Nights Live

Actress Upasna Singh, who made us laugh our lungs out as Pinky Bua in Comedy Nights with Kapil, impresssed one and all with her funny antics. However, after Kapil's fallout with the channel (Colors) when the entire team decided to move out, Upasna Singh stayed back. The actress decided to stick by Comedy Nights Live which replaced Kapil's show. Things seemed fine at the begining, but as days passed, her decision of staying back on Comedy Nights Live was proved wrong by the makers. She has now quit the show. In an exclusive interview with the TimesofIndia, the actress has made some serious revelations about the makers. (Credits: Vijaya Tiwari)
They have tortured me for last few months

I have been in the industry for the last 18 years but I have never had any fights with anyone in the industry. Because I don't believe in fights. Optimystix has tortured me for last few months. I have been asking for my payment but they always have a new excuse. If they are treating me like this, I just can't imagine what they must be doing with the newcomers. Optimystix is a cheater production house. They are criminals. 

When I asked for my payment they told me that I have to sign a new agreement. I don't understand, if the person is leaving any company why will he or she sign a new contract? One of the clauses in the contract says they can remove me from the show within 24 hours with out any prior information. I told them in that case even they need to add in the agreement that I can also leave the show within 24 hours. Optimystix is a fraud company. They are cheaters. The know all ways to trap artists they are no less than a criminal. 

It was 'Tragedy Nights Live' and not Comedy Nights Live

The main reason to quit the show is creative satisfaction which I was not getting on Comedy Nights Live. I was suffocated there. I was puposely not given any punch lines. What were they trying to prove that I can't do comedy. All my famous characters from Judaai, Loafer and Comedy Nights with Kapil are a proof that I can do comedy. I discussed the problem with Nikul from Optimystix. He told me we will get a new writer for you but it never happened. I am a performer, how will I act if I don't get good lines. I never felt I was doing comedy. I thought the show should be called, Tragedy Nights Live and not Comedy Nights Live.
They have paid me for only 2 days

It's more than five months when the show went off-air but you will be shocked to know I have been only paid for 2 days. They promised me I will be paid every 30 days but I am not. They told me I will be seen in every episode. They made false promises to me.
They asked me to sign a contract saying I cannot take up any other comedy show

They committed to me that they will pay me regularly when I was not getting paid I asked for my money. I told them I don't want to continue with the show, please pay my dues. The production house came up with a new clause saying I can't do any other comedy show after this. They said they will pay my dues on only one condition if I sign this contract. I was shocked how could they even ask me to sign something like this. All my terms and clauses were ignored from the contract. They made the contract keeping their benefits in mind.
Working with Optimystix has been the worst experience of my career

As I said earlier, I have a long career in entertainment industry. I worship my work. I have done films with big producers and directors like Boney Kappor, David Dhawan, Rashmi Sharma. I have never faced any situation like this. It is my sincere commitment towards my work that they repeated me in their projects. But working with Optimystix has been the worst decision and experience of my career.
Will never ever work with Optimystix in future

They have tortured me to such an extent that I have decided I will never work with them in future even if they offer me double amount. They used me as per their convenience. They new that their show was new when it was launched. They wanted a known face and popular character from Comedy Nights Live so they asked me to stay back. As I had the contract with the channel I stayed back. Now, they feel nothing is working for their show, let's get rid of Upasna.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
she should go to sony/kapil's show..
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MiniRulz

she should go to sony/kapil's show..

For sure she shld...raj Nayak , krushna and their PH ...they are big time loser 
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
TBH, never found her humorous in CNWK too. I used to skip her part totally.
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
so its actually true... in comedy circus they often cracked jokes on not giving their artists payments and binding them in contracts
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: hotchic

TBH, never found her humorous in CNWK too. I used to skip her part totally.

I know. Me too. 

Right now Kapil's team is awesome. Sania - Farah Episode was a laugh riot. 
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
CNL is flopping right and left. Kapil's new show has kicked CNL both in popularity n in ratings.