ShraMan SS- | She's my friend dammit | Note on PG 19, Link on PG 1

-AnnieQueen- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
           ----She's My Friend Dammit----

[FONT=Times]

"What happened Bhaiya?"

Pushkar inquired his brother as he sat down next to him. Shravan seemed to be in another zone. He was too engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't feel his brother's presence. Pushkar tapped on his shoulder lightly and then only he looked up at him. And it took him a few minutes more to process the question. He nodded in a negative way. But Pushkar didn't dismiss the fact that something was bothering his big brother. He noticed his phone resting on the side. A notification arrived and as Pushkar noticed the name 'Sumo' flashing on the screen, he spontaneously picked it up and opened the message

"Sorry Shravan. Can't make it. Siddharth is taking me out for a drive. And then we'll be going to the beachside restaurant for dinner. Will see you tomorrow but can't promise. Will try my best for sure. :)"

Pushkar kept the phone in it's former place and turned to his brother. He quite had an idea why Shravan's mood was off. Of course Sumo had something to do with it. He noticed since the day Suman's alliance was fixed with Siddharth, Shravan became a bit cranky. Though everyone thought it wasn't a big deal cause it was Shravan's way of life. He wasn't the "All the time smiling" kind of guy. But Pushkar was close enough to mark his brother's abnormal behavior. Though he didn't dare to question him fearing his outburst.

Pushkar turned his attention to the setting sun. So much had changed in their life. Changed for the better. Nirmala Chachi was back in their lives. Of course this development needed a lot of work to happen. He still remembers the first time Shravan met her. He witnessed the mother-son reunion after ten years along with Suman. Shravan was frozen in his spot for a few minutes which seemed like eternity. And then the love and longing in his eyes got covered by the darkness of hatred. Suman had to hold Nirmala as she lost her balance; begging her son to let her give a chance to explain. But Shravan in his old self bluntly shrugged off her pleads and refused to call her 'mom' instead of 'Mrs. Nirmala Ahuja'. And the same Shravan had hugged his mother like there was nothing left in the world other than her. It was when he came to know that his mother was never 'Mrs. Nirmala Ahuja' and that she didn't dare to return to Shravan's life being threatened by her ex-husband who divorced her accusing her of cheating on him with her boss. The man who was no less than a God to him, all on a sudden Shravan found it hard to call him his dad. The tables had turned after all. He had actually divorced her and literally compelled her 'to kick herself out' not only from Malhotra mansion but also from the lives of the Malhotras. He regretted that he didn't pay any heed to Suman who tried to show him the truth

"She didn't leave you Shravan. Your 'golden hearted' dad forced her to leave you. He threw her out of your life."

And she got an instant slap as a prize of her sarcasm about Shravan's beloved father. And Shravan's mouth spat nothing but venom

"You and me are done! Forever."

Suman looked at him like he was an alien. She really didn't know this Shravan. The Shravan she knew would have done anything to lessen her pain if she had a tiny cut or a scratch. He could never, never raise his hand on her. He wasn't 'her' Shravan anymore. He was so blinded by his father that he couldn't see anything else than his father's side of the story. Suman gave him the best sarcastic smile she could muster

"Fine Shravan. It's over."

Fine then. If he chose his father over the truth than she could too choose the truth over him. After all she was a woman. And a man who didn't have the slightest respect for women was not a man she was going to let go of her self respect for. But it wasn't over for her. It couldn't be. She loved him. And she knew though he denied he did care. After all the things he had done for her held enough proof that deep inside those feelings were still alive. And it was her turn to restore the happiness in his life. She didn't care if he didn't love her anymore. She didn't even care if he didn't acknowledge her as a friend anymore. She didn't care if he hated her to the core. Cause it didn't matter anymore. What mattered was that she loved him.

A feeling which was so overwhelming and beautiful. The moment she started loving him in true sense, was the moment she let go all of her ego and no matter what words came out of her mouth, she knew that for her there was no going back. She couldn't stop loving him at any cost. And suddenly it was very simple for her. He pushed her away with all his might and she stuck with him with a renewed determination. He would try to break her and she would come up with a firmer enthusiasm. Shravan became fed up at a point but she didn't. She simply accepted the fact that it was love. True love with no conditions, no expectations. And she knew if she left him then there won't be any difference between her and Ramnath. She wasn't going to do the same mistake. She wasn't going to let her ego and insecurities overrule her love for Shravan. Not this time. So there she was. In every battle. She shielded Nirmala and helped Shravan to fight his inner demons. She never left his side neither supported his views.

And then the much awaited moment came- it was her victory. Shravan confronted his father. And all the misunderstandings were crystal clear. Ramnath apologized to Nirmala for not trusting their love and not having faith in their relationship. He accepted that he was mainly at fault for their failed marriage. He apologized to Shravan too for manipulating him against his mother because he was a coward egoistic. He knew if the truth came into light his son would hate him. Wrong deeds and terrible consequences. Shravan decided to leave with his mother and settle in London- a life far from Ramnath Malhotra. But Nirmala stopped him this time. Saying that he was committing the same mistake by abandoning his father. It was Nirmala who took the first step and forgave her husband. After all she wanted her happy family back and now after all these years, Ramnath had realized his fault. It was time for them to be happy- together. She knew she was forgiving him easily. But that's how it was. She forgave him simply because she loved him and her family more than anything else. And Shravan realized that a woman can break boundaries and go beyond limits for the sake of her family. He forgave Ramnath as well and love conquered all after all. Kamini Chachi who didn't welcome Nirmala warmly had come out of her selfish shell as she realized that 'family is family after all'. And only in togetherness laid real happiness. Malhotra family seemed to be in their own paradise of love, peace and harmony. And Suman couldn't be more happy. She wasn't desperate anymore for Shravan to confess his love. She got what she wanted- Shravan's happiness. And that was more than enough for her to stay happy for the rest of her life. Pushkar came out of his thoughts when his brother cursed in a low voice.

He was calling someone, frustration visible all over his face. And Pushkar could tell who it was- obviously Suman oops Sumo. Pushkar chuckled at his brother's desperate state

"What happened Bhaiya?"

He tried to hide the amusement in his voice but failed miserably. Same question but not the same answer

"Sumo isn't picking up my call."

"She must be busy. She sent a message."

"I know. I saw it when you were busy admiring the sunset."

"I wasn't admiring the sunset. Deep thoughts. Forget it you won't understand. What is the matter?"

Shravan glared at him before sighing. He ran his fingers through his hair

"Sumo doesn't seem to notice me nowadays. Hell she seems to have all her attention only for Siddharth."

He almost groaned. It was a sight to see. Almost as if someone was torturing him. Pushkar laughed which earned him a few imaginary daggers from Shravan

"What's so funny?"

"So? Isn't that obvious? They are going to get married."

"So what? She is my friend dammit!"

"And she is Siddharth's fianc dammit!"

Pushkar mimicked his brother and laughed harder.

"Oh and would be wife too!"

Shravan growled   

"Will you stop that?"

"Stop what?" Pushkar was literally rolling on the floor by then. Shravan's patience broke

"Chote will you stop for hell's sake?"

"Bade will you tell me what's wrong?"

Shravan rolled his eyes. Pushkar finally controlled his laugh and sat beside Shravan. His voice sounded genuine this time

"What is bothering you Bhaiya? Why are you so upset? It is normal if Sumo's priority is Siddharth. That is normal and that's how it should be. I know you guys are besties but Siddharth is going to be her husband after all."

"So? I am her best friend and I came in her life first."

Pushkar laughed

"It doesn't matter who came first. See the thing is my parents or your parents have friends. But obviously they are not more important than their respective spouses right? Like Nirmala Chachi was also Priya Aunty's best friend but Priya Aunty isn't more important than Bade papa for Chachi right?"

"It's different Pushkar. You don't understand. They both were girls. While I am a boy and Sumo is a girl... I mean... Ok I really don't know how to explain this... Uff!"

Shravan huffed in frustration. Pushkar frowned

"From where does gender come in between? I mean you are friends. Nothing more than that right? Am I right?"

Shravan's expression signaled denial while he just shrugged   

"Chote will you please give me some time alone?"

"Sure Bhaiya."

Pushkar got up to leave. He turned around one more time to check on his brother. He again was lost. This time deeper. Pushkar decided to give him some space for the time being.

Shravan looked at his call log. He called Suman 25 times and she didn't pick up for a single time. Maybe it's silent.

But why would she do that?

She said they would be going on a drive right? A long drive. A romantic one?

What are they doing?

So busy that she can't talk to me even for a minute?

Whatever.. Why should I care? Pushkar is right. This is how things should be. Sumo is only my friend. My best friend.

Nothing more than that.

I don't love her anymore.

Really I don't?

I have moved on! I remember saying that to her once that I had moved on and forgot my first love.

But now I doubt if I was trying to convince her or myself.

Have I really moved on from her?

Simple and honest answer- No. I haven't.

Because I still love her

Continued on Wattpad-> ContinuedEdited by -AnnieQueen- - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Superb 👍🏼 ...shravan feeling jealous of Siddhartha 😉
Keep writing more 😊
Manyata5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
O my God
This was AMAZING 
I really hope you do plan to continue it
I want to see Shravan confessing 
It was beautiful 
poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow!  Wonderful story.  Only wish... you could have ended with Shravan hugging and kissing Sumo adds telling her that she is his.. a possessive Shravan :) Edited by poppinss - 7 years ago
ShiViGot7NCTzen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This was Brilliant😃
Wohoo I was Thinking if Shravan Slaps Sumo...
it heppened in your story but by chance if it gonna happen in show,
I really wanna see Namik's Reaction when he come to know he have to slap Nikki🤣🤣

Jealous Shravan is something I really used to enjoy
And I really want this in the show👍🏼
So perfect bcoz She love him Only his happiness is what matters to her, Doesn't matter what he thinks of her❤️
And after watching him really happy she decided to move on with Siddharth😭
I am with Sumo this Time
But Yeah Bae is Jealous & Convincing himself that he doesn't have feelings for Her😆
The way you ended it was Amazing
but really want sequel for this one🤗
...-Riya-... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Really loved it. I really hope you are planning to continue and this isn't the end.

Jealous Shravan is so much fun to read about.😆
orion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This was amazing!!
Dude you're good👏
I hope you're planning on continuing this, cause I really have to know what happens next
pinky.padda thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
absolutely brilliant
totally loved it
superb
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Really enjoyed this. Shravan jealous is always a treat to watch. He is only convincing himself that he's moved on and no one else. Do continue soon x
ezbeedscrittore thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awwwiieee
That's exactly the kind of track I want for the show, and sooon
It was a lovely shot
Great work 👏