||Blurred Lines|| A ShraMan OS

Grenade thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello everyone! I'm Payal. πŸ˜Š
Ever since I've started watching EDKV I've been spending every waking moment in ShraMan-land. πŸ˜³ I've been itching to write something on them since forever and finally came up with something last night. I hope its not too stupid. πŸ˜’

BLURRED LINES

If Suman could use a gun, she'd use it to blow up the myriad of butterflies that took flight in her stomach the moment she felt his presence. He incapacitated her mind in ways she never thought were possible. Her breathing hitched, her thoughts turned fuzzy until all that was left of her was a stuttering mess and she absolutely hated it. She had always been the one to be in control but his mere presence threatened to wreck her semblance of balance, leaving in his wake a storm of emotions that were completely beyond her comprehension.

Huffing angrily, she commanded her thoughts to stay focused on the task at hand rather than straying to the six-feet-and-then-some tall frame perched on her kitchen counter, grinning lazily at her. She began grinding the spices in the pestle-mortar with a new found vigor, hoping the noise could drown out his presence.

He had barged into her room at the wee hours of morning, asking her to prepare the dish he'd found in a magazine. It didn't take long for her to agree because frankly, there wasn't anything she wouldn't cook for him. It excited her, in fact, that he wanted to eat something made by her. Her elation, however, was ephemeral as he announced that he simply wanted to judge if her culinary skills were up to the mark to impress her would-be mother-in-law. He had not taken the news of her impending marriage as she had wanted him to and it pissed her off to no end.

Control yourself, Sumo! He doesn't love you. He doesn't even like you anymore. She ranted mentally, straining to not pay any heed to the disappointment that washed over her. Her eyes craved to catch a glimpse of his handsome face. Finally giving in, she stole a glance in his way. He was flipping through the pages of the magazine, the golden rays of the morning sun highlighting the perfectly sharp angles of his face. Her fingers itched to tousle his thick, styled hair, to run along the contours of his face, to feel him.

It hurt.

It really hurt to think that he didn't feel for her the way she did for him. She shut her eyes tight as the air suddenly seemed to grow denser, making it difficult for her to breathe. A sharp pain in her fingers jostled her out of her miserable reverie, extracting a gasp from her. A pair of eyes widened in horror as they took in the bloodied fingers that lay limply in the mortar. The owner of the said pair of eyes leapt from the counter and appeared beside her before she had taken her next breath.

"SUMO! Pagal Ladki! Ek kaam theek se nahi kar sakti?!" He shouted, his insides coiled up into a tight ball of fear and concern as he inspected the bloodied mess that was left of her fingers.

He guided her towards the basin and held her hand under the tap. He heard her whimper as she tried to pry her hand out of his firm grip, away from the sting the water was causing and cursed himself mentally for making such a childish demand. When the blood and spices had been rinsed off to his satisfaction, he picked her up in his arms and made her sit on the counter before sprinting off in the direction of her room. He didn't have to search twice for the medical supplies as he pulled open just the right drawer and found it lying exactly where it used to be ten years ago. Letting out a sigh of relief, he rushed back to her.

Guilt and pain tore at his heart as he found her sobbing softly, her eyes closed, her free hand fisted into a tight ball.  Each sob escaping her lips dug at his heart like a dagger. He felt desperate to help her, protect her, relieve her. Taking her hand in his, he started tending to her wound as gently as he could.

Suman bit down on her lip as she felt the sharp sting of the antiseptic, causing her nails to dig in further. She dared open her eyelids when she felt a soft tingling on her skin and found Shravan blowing gently over the wound.  His face was flushed with worry, his eyes soft and upset as he worked on her. A strange warmth manifested itself somewhere deep inside of her as she watched his undivided attention. For her.  Pushkar's words echoed in her subconscious.

"Just imagine. Bhaiya aur Sir ke pyaar ki intensity jab itni hai, toh jab bhaiya kisi larki ke pyaar mein padenge, toh uss pyaar ki intensity kitni hogi?"

She shook her head determinedly. She wouldn't let her thoughts wander there. It only fetched her hurt and disappointment.

Having secured the last end of the bandage, Shravan stood there transfixed, holding onto her hand. He was at a loss. Of words. Of thoughts. Seeing her in distress had thrown him off skelter.  Just like old times, his subconscious readily remarked. He absently flipped her palm over and traced the faint scar on her forearm he knew would be there. It was when she'd taken a fall from her bicycle trying to outride him.  A hint of a smile appeared on his lips.

"You remember?" she asked in a small voice.

Did he remember? There wasn't a single thing about her he didn't remember. He didn't say that out loud though. He nodded and playfully flicked her nose.

"Tum aj bhi chot lagne par bacchon ki tarah roti ho."He teased.

She pursed her lips, offended, and looked away. Shravan couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked. He cupped her face with both hands, making her look into his eyes. His thumbs brushed away her tears, his touch lazy, lingering.  Touching her soft skin shot tingles up his arm. Just like every time, his subconscious cooed again. Suman always managed to flood his mind with emotions that equally excited and scared him, emotions that he had labeled as uncharted territory and pushed to a dark corner in his mind. He didn't know what this was. 

This.

Holding on to her, looking into her brown, innocent orbs.

He just knew that it felt good. It felt right.

Like her face was made to fit perfectly in his hands.

They were moments like these that blurred the lines of friendship. That took him to his uncharted territory. He was jerked out of his trance by another gasp from her.

Alarmed, he followed the line of sight of her wide eyes which landed on his shoulder. He bit back a chuckle as her cheeks reddened in embarrassment, having finally realized what she'd been clutching onto all this time.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, furiously trying to smooth the crumpled portion of his shirt.

He grabbed her hand and brought it to her lap, meeting her questioning gaze.

"I'm sorry, Sumo. It was all my fault." Guilt washed over him as he looked at her bandaged hand.

"What? Don't be silly, Shrava-"

"No." he asserted. "I had no right coming over here and bothering you just because mujhe tumhare haath ka bana khana khane ka mann kar raha tha." The words escaped his lips before he had even considered them.

He froze. Oh SHIT. Stupid, stupid mouth.

"Busted!" His subconscious snickered.

Ages seemed to have passed before he heard her voice. "Mere haath ka bana khana? Par tumne toh kaha tha ki- "

He let out a nervous laugh. "Choro na woh sab! Ab tum toh apne task mein haar gayi. So why not Masterchef Shravan, the great, cook for his lady today?" He exclaimed, hurrying to get away from her.

Suman was having a hard time deciding which expression to hold on to. She went with a mischievous smirk. Her gaze locked with Shravan's and he passed her a quick smile before fussing with the utensils. She bit her lip as her insides fluttered. Watching Shravan squirm was an absolute serendipity.

I hope you liked it. 😊 Please let me know! 

As I was writing this, I couldn't help but imagine how the various characters of EDKV would react if they were to witness this scene. πŸ˜›

Pushkar: I knew it! Cheeteh ki chal, baaz ki nazar aur Pushkar ki intuition par sandeh nahi karte. 

Vandy: Mammiji dekho na! Ye dono saath me kitne CUTE lagtein hain!

Kaamini: *elbows Vandy* Kuch bhi! Ainwayi!

Lala Ji: Oye! Yeh apne Shravan aur Sumo toh bade Chupa Rustam nikle yaar! Bahar friendly-friendy. Andar naughty-naughty!

Sumo: *blushes*

Shravan: *glares* HO GAYA AAP SAB KA? *resumes cooking*

Other fics on ShraMan:

I'm Sorry (One Shot)

Edited by Grenade - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aadee04 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Payal .
This was lovely .
The start though , could use a gun to shoot the butterflies of the stomach . Hahah :D

Aww Sharavan .
That line when he admitted that he wanted to have what she made . <3

And the added reactions . Hahah

-God bless
mineforever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow Payal
it was just amazing..😊
Now only if something like this would happen in the show..
U r right.The other characters would have reacted that way only.. πŸ˜†
~ Ayesha
sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey mind blowing yar!!! Shravan taking care of sumo was tooo cute. And that additional dialoquea of family members... 🀣 🀣 was damn hilarious...
Keep writing 😊
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Payal! Amazing
I m impressed by the use of your language.. Stupendous!!
Loved everything, specially those reactions🀣
Please write more!!

-Mahi❀️
poppinss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely start Payal... looking forward to more :)
Duskyylilac thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7
Aww ...gunshot hehe ...and shravans care for sumo it's cute and last everyones reaction was lovely ...overall beautiful and lovely ...do write more 😊
Flibbertigibbet thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Ahhh my heart is squirrmming in it's folds of mushinesss! I am.not a very romantic person. But this is cute AF. 
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
LOL I was trying to quote you  but realised you must have put up the no copy thing.
The lines "Moments like these blurred the lines of friendship." I loved this line.
Keep up the amazing work and do write more 😊
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This was very good- smooth and easy read... and fluffy..πŸ‘ Lovely title too!
Do write more. πŸ˜Š