Overrated Contestants

_TheBlackRose_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
So it seems my first topic around here will tend to be a controversial one ðŸ˜³
It seems to me that some contestants are overrated and are getting more than they truly deserve.
I'll start off with the prime one - Rupali. Seriously, I didn't even expect her to be in top 12. And yet she's parading about scoring higher that contestants that (IMO) are more talented. Mostly there is less of singing in her performance and more of nakhre. A couple of times the judges even praised her dancing/drama instead of singing, and I was like "Is this a singing competition or what?"  Especially since she hits too many wrong notes every time, but yet she'll get a 90+ score and all praises from the judges.
Second one will be Jagpreet. I'm not saying he doesn't sing well, because yes, he is very good and his place in top 12 and on is well deserved. My point is that he gets a higher score than others for same level of singing. Take today for example, it wasn't the best of his performances, and Jyotika dominated most of it. I'd say that the performances of Sachin and Harjot or Kushal and Senjuti were at least at par with there performance if not better, but yet they got a whopping 99%. I hate to say this, but it feels like pity votes are involved.
Third would be Zubair. He wasn't exactly overrrated or projected higher than he was, but I felt they left out better contestants for top 12 just to give him a chance. He was good at the auditions and then just lost the spark. Though it might be a loss in confidence, because I know he is talented, but it was unfair to the others to give him a free pass despite lesser votes.
Out of them it's Rupali that bothers me the most ðŸ¤¢ her singing is mediocre at best and yet she's rated as one of the best ðŸ¥±
Edited by _TheBlackRose_ - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiamondLife thumbnail
I love senjuta's voice..lovely voice..
To me looks like..judges want to enjoy the stage performance..they r not judging only singing...😕..hard to say..

pehle ke SRGMP sirf soor-lai-tal singing dekhte the..Yaar..nakhre vagera to stage performance me chahiye..Film songs are sung by singer in the studio and nakhre ke liye..actor actresses hai...

Ruapli is over over rated...jagpreet is overrated too!

Sachin, kushal, harjot, jyotika r doing great!
dhurandarbhat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes Senjuti's Moh Moh ke dhaage was beautiful. Both Rupali and Jagpreet's singing style has become repititive. Good to see Tanvir trying something different than his qawallis. Also Agreed that in the duet between Jagpreet and Jyotika, Jyotika was the stronger link.
diksha0102 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't particularly like Rupali's performances as compared to the others.. 
I get it like a lot of shouting and it gets irritating at time.
However, she is constantly being praised by the judges..
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah I feel the same too.
And IN NO WAY did I find the Gulabo(by Jagpreet and Jyotika- and scored 99) better than the Arziya that Sachin sang when he got 98.
Also in this week's duet- I found Sachin-Harjot and Kushal-Senjyoti's performance at par with Jagpreet-Jyotika's performance. Infact I found Kushal-Senjyoti's performance BETTER than Jagpreet-Jyotika's Gulabo- and still Kushal-Senjyoti got just 92 and Jagpreet-Jyotika 99! 
musica10 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Jagpreet is definitely over-rated, but he is a good singer. 99% was a little too much. I think after a few rounds, they will stop giving him high scores. 
Judges don't seem to care about what matters most - the sur and taal. They care more about histrionics and performance. This is a disadvantage to some of the singers.

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
No. Jagpreet certainly deserves the 99% he's been getting. He has been much stronger than all the other contestants. Of course that's my opinion. But no matter how amazing of a singer he is, he will not win simply because he's from Canada.

Tanvir in my opinion is overrated. He's been getting higher votes than expected. He ruining a beautiful song from Main Hoon Naa. He's good at what he's good at, but I don't see any versatility in him yet.
_TheBlackRose_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

No. Jagpreet certainly deserves the 99% he's been getting. He has been much stronger than all the other contestants. Of course that's my opinion. But no matter how amazing of a singer he is, he will not win simply because he's from Canada. I never said he isn't talented. Given the choice I'd give him a good score as well. But the thing is that other contestants like Sachin, Kushal or Senjuti who are also very good, don't get that good a score for a performance that can be considered at par with his. In comparison, gets a better score for same quality, which I find unfair.

Tanvir in my opinion is overrated. He's been getting higher votes than expected. He ruining a beautiful song from Main Hoon Naa. He's good at what he's good at, but I don't see any versatility in him yet. So far he's been singing kawwalis only and he's great at that, so he gets scored accordingly. The scores aren't based on whether you are versatile. The one time he tried a different genre and couldn't execute it too well, he got a lesser score. So I can't call him overrated.

jacinta_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i dislike rupali as well.i feel she  overdoes her singing and the nakhres she does.she annoy me..i wished instead of zubair she would have gotten out.it would be better for the show.

i love senjutis voice,she reminds me alot of shreya ghoshal..hopefully she gets more exposure and opened up more.
AV25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rightly observed n i agree with you. I don't understand why rupali's dance n performance is seen most by the judges n audience as well. It should be pure singing which should be judged. 
When a singer has upper hand in his/ her singing, performance will naturally come. So it's not right to give points on the basis of dancing and performance, agreed that some amount of it is required on stage but it should not shadow your singing capacity.