Versatility Plays a Huge Factor

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
I'm all for a versatile singer. And so far on the show, I'm not seeing much of that. There are certain contestants that keep singing the same type/genre of songs week after week. I mean, we know you excel in that genre, but its time for these contestants to try something out of their comfort level. They shouldn't be allowed to sing the same type of songs  over and over week after week. I need to see some versatility on this show...Come on SRMGP! Up your standards!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sompi123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hello, I'm new here...and I'm totally agree with you...specially, hasmat-sultana , tanvir , and jagpreet bajwa...every time they sings same types of songs and judges are like wah,wah...it clearly shows that saregamapa standard is going down...and don't you think jagpreet bajwa is over hyped by the jury and judges...I mean he sings well but not something extraordinary...
_Chits_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I know right. I agree.

Though with the spinning wheel thingy coming this week, supposedly the challenge week, i think they are gonna do just that. Challenge them with a genre diferrent to their usual one. It would be cool to see that.
dhurandarbhat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Looking forward to seeing this week's episodes. Saw the promo where they made Tanveer sing a romantic kawwali. I mean seriously?? Kawwali again? They should have given him a Kishore Kumar yodeling song.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Tanveer had a bad challenge. Its still his forte. Romantic or not. Same style. That didn't feel like a challenge to me at all.
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No offense to Rupali fans but she is a perfect example of a contestant who lacks versatility in their singing.  I still have not heard her sing a non-naughty sounding song.  I am pretty sure she would sound quite fine on a ballad which I still have not her her sing & is it me or does she herself just not want to sing a balled?Edited by edabella - 7 years ago
dhurandarbhat thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I would like Rupali to sing Kuhu Kuhu bole koyelia.
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lol we don't like her but the judges jury and everyone else seem to love her
recently varun dhawan said rupali and kushal are his favorite singers may be its because of the stage performance, she also has the highest no fo fans and likes on fb on twitter among all ,
i can understand liking kushal cause he is a rockstar but rupali 😆

recently i noticed a trend that judges and jury scoring is more based on stage performance as well more than singing Ala abhigyan who sang badly but score more than sachin who was brilliant
on a side note ps looks like the jury and wajid and mika have something against contestants from pritams team lol especially wajid the serious looks he gives them 😛
sharif_lafungi thumbnail
it isn't bad if they are going with giving contestants specialization in a particular forte...I believe it will do them more good...of course being versatile comes in handy nd is great but if they focusing on enhancing their skills then it's no bad...it will make them the finest out of the lot in their own genre.. competition then seems truly with self rather than others...
tanveer cannot sing any other song other than kawwali songs.. but if he has not been selected bcoz he isn't versatile, then his potential in kawwali songs wouldn't hv been recognized... now at least he is under the lens of many that yes...particular tanveer sings fabulous kawwali..
so I feel it's alright..
nd maybe M all wrong nd singers are not given different genres bcoz mentors want to play safe..