Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Interesting start. Loved the flow of the story. Yudhishtir-Devika is an untouched topic for an os as far as i know and the first part is as amazing as it is unique. Panchali's dilemma before she gives a nod to this marriage was well shown.
You are a really good writer Shreya. Do continue this soon.
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Dear writer,
I'm too glad to meet a Yudhi lover like you πŸ˜Š thanks a lot for writing on such a topic! Loved your concept, your writing style and the feelings of Yudhi-Drau you have shown so nicely. Can't wait to meet Devika in your story πŸ˜³ please show her feelings and her love.

"Krishnae, you will learn that Jyesht has an absolute, unimpaired love for you. No matter who he marries, that will not change. Unlike Bhrata Bhim, or Parth, he may never express it, but he does. 

Absolutely true πŸ‘ Hats off to you dear! Very few understand his love for Draupadi. 
@TM, thanks a lot for sharing this story with us πŸ˜Š please tell your friend to write more.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ramya06

Interesting start. Loved the flow of the story. Yudhishtir-Devika is an untouched topic for an os as far as i know and the first part is as amazing as it is unique. Panchali's dilemma before she gives a nod to this marriage was well shown.
You are a really good writer Shreya. Do continue this soon.

It really is :)
Thank you :)
Both she and I love writing Panchali :)
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Urmila11

Dear writer,

I'm too glad to meet a Yudhi lover like you πŸ˜Š thanks a lot for writing on such a topic! Loved your concept, your writing style and the feelings of Yudhi-Drau you have shown so nicely. Can't wait to meet Devika in your story πŸ˜³ please show her feelings and her love.

"Krishnae, you will learn that Jyesht has an absolute, unimpaired love for you. No matter who he marries, that will not change. Unlike Bhrata Bhim, or Parth, he may never express it, but he does. 

Absolutely true πŸ‘ Hats off to you dear! Very few understand his love for Draupadi. 
@TM, thanks a lot for sharing this story with us πŸ˜Š please tell your friend to write more.

Shreya says thanks Semanti :)
The Devika she writes is dynamic, and amazing :) So fit for Dharam :)

I know right? No one gets his love for Drau πŸ˜•

No problem Semanti :) It is my pleasure :)
Aisha1996 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome part
Pls update next part soon 😊
Rex_Ryan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am first time reading something on yudi and devaki ...story seems interesting continue it soon ...and Tha please pm me next part alsoEdited by Rex_Ryan - 8 years ago
AadhyaAashutosh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello Shreya πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
You have made a beautiful start πŸ‘
There are only a few who understand the bond between Draupadi & Dharamraj. You have penned it down in such a beautiful way πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks a lot sweetheart(Srutha), for without you, i wouldnt have been able to read this πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I am back with the new chapter from my friend Shreya. Please do read and review. No chappals and tomatoes allowed! :P
CHAPTER 2

Devika, passing by the nearly empty courtroom, froze as she caught her name being mentioned. She stood stock still, and tried to listen as her father spoke. Comprehending what was happening, she walked in a daze to the chambers  she shared with her sisters.

"Jiji? Jiji??" her youngest sister called her, shaking her out of her stupor. "What happened?"

"Pitashri has offered my hand in marriage to Samrat Yudhishtir," she said in a montone. She tuned out her younger sisters' questions and comments and thought about what was happening. How could she marry him? She hadn't seen him, leave alone met him. She had heard of him, but how could she go on hearsay? Then she shook herself.

"Devika! Pitashri would never do anything wrong for you. Believe in him and trust in Shri Ram. It will be fine!" she reprimanded herself. She went out of the chambers, still thinking, and without realizing it, found herself in the Shri Ram mandir.

Devika smiled as she realized  where she had come. She entered the temple, and sat in front of the idol in the now empty temple, softly singing praises to Him. She was a great believer of Shri Ram. After her prayers were done, she began talking to the idol.

"Hey Ram!" she said to the idol. "What is destined for me? Am I to wed the noble Samrat? Or will it all fade into nothingness? I have heard stories of his righteousness, of his staunchness to his Dharma. If I am to wed him, how will I keep my end up? Am I deserving enough to be his wife. And what of the Samragyi? The entire Aryavarta knows the unusual circumstances in which that wedding occurred. Will she accept this alliance, will she accept me? Shri Ram, I have left it to you, you have to give me a hint, an indication of what is to come!"

Saying thus, Devika placed the last of the flowers at the idol's feet, folded her hands in prayer and left the temple. Still in deep thought, she decided to take the circuitous route back to her chambers. As she made her way through the gardens of the palace grounds, she passed by the chambers the Samrat was staying in. In one of the balconies, she saw the Samrat.

Her heart stopped before thudding loudly in her chest. The Samrat, Dharmaraj, was practicing with his spear in the balcony to his chambers. His grace, his skill with the spear had her enraptured. From where she stood, she knew she could observe him unnoticed. If a small pang of guilt stabbed her, it was quickly washed away by curiosity to see her prospective husband.

She watched him practice, as if with an opponent, duck, weave and attack, his eyes darting around, alert. Then he paused, his eyes turning in the direction she stood. She stiffened. Had she been caught? Then she relaxed as she realized his eyes were trained on the tree tops.

As she watched, a small frown formed on his regal features, as if he were contemplating something. There was an aura of peace around him, a quiet intelligence, and an ocean of patience, something that captured her. She stood, frozen in place as she watched her brother take him away.

Devika made her way to her own chambers, her thoughts now completely in a different direction. She was now thinking about the Samrat in a completely different light. She realized with a jolt, that she was now thinking of marrying him. She was now thinking, and hoping, to marry him. His calmness, his peace attracted her. And the whole situation confused her terribly.

"Shri Ram! What game are you playing?" she thought, desperately. "What is happening to me? I see him practicing for a prahar, and already want to marry him? What is this, Bhagwaan? Hey Narayan!"

In another part of the palace, as she was thinking this, Panchali entered the chambers of Samrat Yudhishtir.

"Aryaputra Yudhishtir?" she called. He appeared in the doorway.

"Panchali?"

"Aryaputra Arjuna told me you were here."

"Come in, Yagyaseni." Inviting her in, he followed her into the chambers, as she went to one of the windows.

"The gardens are beautiful," she said, looking out.

"They are, aren't they?"

"Arya, I have a question for you. If you were to wed Rajkumari Devika, where would I be in the entire situation?"

"Panchali, I remember the promise I made to your father. I promised him you'd be the Queen. That stands, you will be. You are my wife, Panchali, and the Samragyi. Irrespective of whether or not I marry Rajkumari Devika, that will never change."

"So, you haven't ruled out that possibility? That you won't marry her?" She met his gaze squarely.

"No. You are my wife, Panchali. Your opinions matter to me, particularly when I am well aware of your position. I value your thoughts, your opinions. I respect your judgements. You are an integral part of my life. I will not overlook you. Panchali, any decision I make, needs to be met with approval from my brothers, my mother, and you." His short speech was met with a moment's silence.

"I have decided Arya." He waited, knowing she would go on; he wasn't mistaken. "Devakinandan said this alliance will bring prosperity. You can marry her."

"Thank you, Panchali." Dharmaraj's face relaxed into a smile, as he looked lovingly at his wife. His heart held a great respect and love for her, and though he never said it, he hoped she knew. Her answering smile told him she did.

"You will probably find your Sakhi in your chambers by now," he told her, smiling.

Panchali's face lit up with a radiant smile. "Satya is here?"

"Yes, Vaasudev brought her. He knew you'd want to meet her. Shall we?" The two of them went to Panchali's chambers, to find Satyabhama, Vaasudev's wife with Him and Arjuna in the chambers.

"Panchi?" Satyabhama's voice floated over to them.

"Satya?" Panchali greeted her Sakhi ecstatically, like they were long lost sisters, as the others watched with smiles. She then turned to greet Yudhishtir.

"Pranaam!"

"Pranaam! I hope I find you in good health?"

"Very well, thank you." Satyabhama smiled. "I was just asking Phalguni about you and Panchi."

"Yes, I have been slightly busy, as I am sure you are no doubt aware." He smiled at her. "Alright, then, Vaasudev, I am going to inform King Govasana of our decision. I will return once I am done." He took his leave.

"How are you Satya?" Panchali turned to her best friend.

"I am fine, Panchi. You tell me. What is this wedding thing that Phalguni and Arya are talking about?"

Panchali once again, narrated the entire story, this time adding her own decision to it.

"You made a good decision, Sakhi," Vaasudev said, when she was done.

"It was because of you Devakinandan," said Panchali. "You guided me. It was only because of you that I could."

"Why do you say that Panchi?" Satya asked her.

"Satya, Devakinandan made me realise that Arya Putra Yudhishtir would not go against my wishes."

"Jyesht wouldn't. He respects you a lot." Arjuna added. "HE respects you a lot, Panchali."

"He doesn't just respect her, Paarth. He also has a great deal of love for her," Vaasudev said.

"Yes, Phalguni. Your Jyesht loves her, though he may not be vocal about it. Indeed, not just him, the others, as well. Admittedly, the wedding, it all happened in unusual circumstances, but their respect for Panchi grew, and their affection, that too, grew and transformed into love."

There was a silence as Arjuna comprehended this. Then he spoke.

"That was too serious for you, Sakhi." His comment was met with a whack around the head from Satyabhama. Panchali and she laughed, as Vaasudev smiled at the childish pout that formed on his face.

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome chapter Sherya and SruthaπŸ˜ƒ
Loved how Devika was attracted by Dharmaraj 
Loved the conversation between Yudhisthir and Draupadi
Yudhisthir's love for Draupadi is a silent love but some people don't understand thatπŸ˜ƒ
His respect, devotion and love for Draupadi makes me admire him a lot aside from other traits of him
Loved how Satya pointed Yudhisthir's love for Draupadi to Arjun❀️
Whenever I think of Pandavas and Draupadi, I tend to get excited
I chose my first topic on Yudhisthir and Draupadi because very few write on them and I like them as a couple❀️
Edited by Nonie12345 - 7 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This was so beautiful! Loved how Yudi bhai convinced his Panchi of her place in his life.
Also, it was amazing to know of Devika's contemplation of Yudhishthir!