Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

OS - Teena's Birthday

Sonakshi sat on her bed, browsing through the internet, in her laptop. She sat up; when she saw her notification that it was Teena's birthday tomorrow! "That is so amazing, I think I must go to Mr. Dikshit's office tomorrow and wish her personally."

The Next Day Evening

"Auntyji, can I leave early today? I have some work pending. I have already instructed Keechu Bhaiyya about the dinner preparations, and he will be able to manage." Sonakshi asked Ishwari.

"Theek hai, beta. Chali jaana." Ishwari agreed.

On the way to Dev's office, Sonakshi, stopped at a florist's, to take a bouquet for Teena, only to find it closed. "What kind of people are these? This is probably the one shop enroute Mr. Dikshit's office. If, I deviate now, I'll get late, and she may leave the office. Har koi thodi na, Mr. Aubhodro ki tarah workaholic hai, and today is her birthday."

Sonakshi, decided, to leave, and reach the office, to at least make it on time to wish Teena.

On the twentieth floor, where Dev and Teena's offices were, she walked into Teena's cubicle to find it empty, "Has she left already? Gosh. No." Sonakshi sighed.

She turned around, unconsciously peeping into Dev's cabin, trying to see if he were in, but in vain, as the blinds were drawn. Dev, though, could make out a silhouette outside, and came out to check on the intruder.

"Dr. Bose?"

Sonakshi turned around, "Mr. Dikshit. Woh, I came to wish Teena, has she left already?"

Dev looked confused, "Why would you want to wish Teena, Ms. Bose? She has stepped out for some work. She'll be back in a while."

"It is Dr. Bose for you. And, Mr. Dikshit, are you serious? Its Teena's birthday today. How can you not know that?" Sonakshi looked perplexed.

"Oh, I'll text her. She is my employee, Dr. Bose. I have 500 people working in  my company, I cannot be expected to remember everyone's birthdays and anniversaries, can I?"

"Definitely, not, Mr. Dikshit. Not everyone's. But, Teena is your personal assistant. Pura din aapke aage peeche ghoomti rehti hai, and she is the one who handles all your matters, in fact, she was the one who helped you in making my profile on Jodi.com, which isn't even her job..." Sonakshi's face and tone turned cynical, which didn't escape Dev's attention.

"Dr. Bose, I apologised for..."

"I know you apologised, and I accepted it. But, I really think you must do something for her birthday. A text message wouldn't suffice. Anyways, I wanted to bring her a bouquet, but the florist's was closed. If I had gotten any later, I risked missing her, here."

Dev didn't respond and made a call. "Dev Dikshit here, I want a bouquet, with a birthday card in the next ten minutes, in my office..."

The voice on the other end, said, "Sir, ten minutes may be a little difficult, we'll manage it by half an hour, Sir..."

Dev was a hard task master, "Ten minutes. Half an hour is too late."

"What kind of flowers would you prefer, Sir?"

Dev looked at Sonakshi, who just stared at him, Which flowers?" He mouthed.

"I don't know what she likes. She is your employee." Sonakshi replied.

"Sunflowers." Dev responded immediately.

Sonakshi, spoke aloud, "Bas apni manmaani karenge. Assumes, everyone likes what he likes. Yeh toh bade Shehenshah hain, jo sab inki sune."

"Excuse me, Ms. Bose."

"What? I am right, okay? You can't exert your authority everywhere. By the way, it is Dr. Bose." Sonakshi defended.

"Which flowers do you like, Dr. Bose?"

"White and red roses." She replied unthinkingly.

"Get me a bouquet of sunflowers and white and red roses." Dev said, and cut the phone.

"Happy now?" He asked her, and Sonakshi realised, Dev was getting Teena present on behalf of both of them. "Thank you, Mr. Dikshit. I didn't realise, ki aap, meri taraf se bhi manga rahe hain."

"Well you said, you couldn't find them, since you helped me in keeping my employee happy, my business will progress well, I couldn't have done without it." Dev answered cheekily.

Suddenly, Sonakshi, started, "Mr. Dikshit, what if Teena walks in before the bouquet arrives?"

"She won't." Saying, so, Dev made another call, Teena, can you please get me a cup of cold coffee from Coffee Day? Yes, thank you."

When, Sonakshi gave him a leveled look, "What? Aapko meri har baat se problem hai. When I didn't wish her, that was a problem. When I ordered sunflowers, who bhi problem thi. Now, I am delaying Teena, again you have some issue. What do you want Dr. Bose?"

"Nothing. Birthday ke din bhi kaam kara rahe hain." Sonakshi grumbled, which Dev chose to ignore for his mental sanity.

A few minutes later, the intercom buzzed, and Dev ordered the florist to be let in.

Yeh, kya, Mr. Dikshit, you bought only one card, when there are two of us here?" Sonakshi asked.

"Dr. Bose, it looks very funny if the same bouquet has two cards, from different people, seems as if, aap kanjoosi kar rahi hain." Dev said, with a half-smile trying to control his laughter.

"Excuse me, Mr. Dikshit. Main kanjoos nahi hoon! I told you, I could not get the flowers, BECAUSE the shop was closed. Stop being so judgemental." Sonakshi was incensed.

In fact, bouquet ke aadhe paise, I will give. How much did they cost?" Sonakshi fished into her bag for her wallet.

"There is no need for that, Dr. Bose. Main mazaak kar raha that."

"No, there IS a need for this. Otherwise, kal aap jatayenge, ki, I got the flowers. And, I don't want that." Sonakshi was resolute.

"Dr. Bose, paison ki baad mein dekhiye. Teena wouldn't take much time, and we need to write on the card."

"Oh, yes. Laayiye, I'll write, and then you sign it." Sonakshi extended her hand for the card.

"Nahi, I think I'll write and you sign. Waise bhi, I have heard, doctors have very poor hand writing. If you write, Teen shayad agle birthday tak, note hi padhti rahegi." Dev joked, not even bothering to stop laughing. Messing around with the feisty Ms. Bose was too much fun.

"Mr. Dikshit, aaj aapko bohot maza aa raha hain na? Theek hai, aap hi likhiye, aap hi dijiye. I have had enough. Bye." Sonakshi turned to leave.

Dev held her hand, "Okay, Dr. Bose. I am sorry. It was a joke. You can write it."

"Fine, it is okay. You write. My handwriting isn't all THAT neat anyways." Sonakshi admitted in a small voice.

"Wait, don't just write a Happy Birthday. That is stupid and old fashioned. Write a sweet note, like the one you wrote for me." Sonakshi said.

Dev gave her a look, "So you found it sweet?"

"For everything you have done for us, this is the least we can do. Have a great day, and a greater year. Happy Birthday." Sonakshi dictated, ignoring the sweet' note jibe. It was a slip of tongue. "Shona, when did you get so careless?" She scolded herself.

Dev gave it to her and she signed it.

Teena walked in with the cold coffee then, and was surprised to find Dev and Sonakshi standing there, with their arms folded, "Sir, Dr. Bose, aap yahan? Is anything the problem? Sir, your coffee. The caf was crowded, I am sorry, if I got delayed." She said uncertainly.

"How could you not tell us?" Dev asked. "Exactly, I thought we shared a good rapport, Teena, mujhe bhi nahi bataya?" Sonakshi, too maintained a stern countenance.

Teena got perplexed and worried, "I am sorry, what did I do?" She looked from Dev to Sonakshi trying to gauge the gravity of a situation, unknown.

Then, Sonakshi and Dev, both smiled, and gave her the bouquet they were hiding behind them, "Happy Birthday" They said in unison.

Teena's amazement knew no bounds, as she accepted the bouquet, and "Aapko kaise..."

"Well, yeh 15th century nahi hai, ki we need to know your family history to know your birthday. For your information, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp se bhi pata chal jaata hai." Sonakshi said, and hugged Teena.

Dev shook her hand, Teena wasn't yet out of her surprise.

Dev said, "You may leave now, Teena. Celebrate with your family. Bye!" Saying so, Dev and Sonakshi left, the office.

Teena opened the card -

For those times, you worked for one of us against the other;

For those times, you mediated for the both of us;

For those times, you helped us in ways more than any employee does;

Thank you!

Happy Birthday

-          Sonakshi and Dev

Teena just smiled knowingly and packed her bags to leave.

The End

The bouquet looked like this - 

More stories on DevAkshi - 

Edited by najma123 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zaya.hp thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It is really FANTASTIC. And absolutely in sync with the story. You've pictured Dev and Sona the exact way they are! Perfect! Do write more!
krupaa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its amazing do write more. 
Radhika03 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely OS...loved the message on card πŸ˜³β­οΈβ­οΈ
diksha0102 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome OS.
Lovely message and beautiful bouquet of flowers😊
Keep writing.
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
PERFECT...πŸ‘
humour was at its best...πŸ˜†

thoroughly enjoyed it , do write more...😳
Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zaya.hp

It is really FANTASTIC. And absolutely in sync with the story. You've pictured Dev and Sona the exact way they are! Perfect! Do write more!

Thank you, thank you so much. I am trying to write more. πŸ˜‰ DevAkshi have given me a lot of inspiration. πŸ˜›
Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cute.manasi

PERFECT...πŸ‘

humour was at its best...πŸ˜†

thoroughly enjoyed it , do write more...😳

Thanks a lot dear! Yes, I will. I have seen you in JA Forum, have I not? You were one of my regular readers there! I am so glad to find, JA members here! So nostalgic, I was telling Hema also! πŸ€—To know that, you are reading my stuff in a totally new Forum, more than a year later, feels so good. Love you dear! β€οΈEdited by najma123 - 8 years ago
TurnThePage thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was REALLY sweet...I would love to see something like this on the show.
Akhu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh my God super..I wish aise kuch real mein hojaye..lovely