You asked for it! - TS - Last part -pg8

Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Introduction: Shraddha has been exposed that she lied about everything, including about having a relationship with Dhurv. Dhurv and Shraddha have been divorced.

---------------------

Bihaan came down the stairs with a scowl on his face. Thapki stood at top of the stairs staring at his back, pensively.

"Oh God! They have fought again." Vasundhara Pandey pondered. "They were never meant to be together. I knew it when I got them married and now it is totally clear. Even after giving their marriage a second chance, nothing has changed. They are just too different. I need to talk to them".

"Bihaan!"

"Yes, Maa."

"I want to talk to you and Thapki in my room"

Bihaan looked up at Thapki and saw her coming down. He waited for her at the bottom of the stairs to join him before following Vasu to her room.

"It looks like you have fought again." Vasu started. "I have not seen you do anything together for months. I thought you were giving your marriage a second chance but I am yet to see you talk to each other nicely. What do you want to do? Do you want to continue this war forever?"

Before Thapki could reply, Bihaan spoke up "No."

Thapki agreed quietly "Yes. things cannot continue like this. We need to.."

Vasu interjected "Divorce!"

Thapki and Bihaan look at each other, shocked. Vasu continued, oblivious of the storm raging in them "I know what I did to you both was wrong. I want to make amends. I want to set things right. Dhruv is suffering the most from all this that has happened. That Shraddha broke him even more. He still loves Thapki and Thapki loves him."

Vasu paused on noticing the shocked expression on Bihaan's face. "Of course, she loves him. That is why she has been unable to accept you or this marriage even after almost six months. She is a very nice girl and dedicated to the family. She has been dragging this relationship for the sake of the families and their honor."

Thapki wanted to scream "No! This is not true. I love you, Bihaan. I just have been unable to say it as you have been so angry with me. I am scared of rejection. I will not be able to live, if you rejected me." But no words came out of her mouth. She stood still like a statue.

Bihaan expression grew darker as he looked at her. She looked like in severe, excruciating pain. He loved her too much to see her in such pain. He may be angry with her but her pain hurt his even more than it probably hurt her. He knew she had tried to make amends but he was in no mood to accept her gestures of friendliness. He wanted more. Being friends was not an option for him anymore, she had nothing more to offer. He has to let her go to find her happiness , even if it was with Dhruv.

"I agree with what you are saying, Maa. We all do need to start again to get our share of happiness, to set things right." He said slowly. Thapki stared at him as she slowly understood what he was trying to say but he did not look at her

"I will call the lawyer today to get the divorce papers drawn up immediately" Vasu beamed. She looked at their sombre faces and continued gently "You both know that you do not love each other. You have stood by each other through some difficult times and gotten used to each other. Your relationship has been more strained in the last month than it ever was, even at the beginning of the marriage. The whole family has been feeling this strain and pressure too. Everyone walks on eggshells around both of you as you both blow up on each other and others on the slightest provocation. This is the best decision for you and the families. I hope you agree but the final decision rests in your hands. Why don't you both talk about it and decide how you want to move forward?"  

Vasu turned around to leave the room but before she could take a step, Bihaan stopped her.

"You are right, Maa. This would be the best for everybody" Bihaan said, his voice completely devoid of emotion. He looked at Thapki and added "especially for Thapki and me."

If this is what Bihaan wants, I will not deny him his chance at happiness with a girl of his choice, thought Thapki and nodded her head indicating her agreement with the plan.

The lawyer's clerk brought the papers home a couple of days later. Vasu gathered everyone and informed them about the divorce. Everyone was surprised with this sudden development but at some level knew it was coming given the state of Bihaan and Thapki's relationship. Dadi asked Bihaan and Thapki to reconsider their decision but they did not say anything.

Vasu smiled "Maaji Don' t worry! Thapki will back very soon! She has made such a special in my heart that I cannot lose her. I am going to get Dhurv and Thapki married and set everything, that Bihaan did wrong, right!" Bauji and Dadi stared at Vasu and then looked at Bihaan and Thapki. Bihaan was expressionless and Thapki lowered her head refusing to make any eye contact with anyone. Bihaan and Thapki signed the papers and handed them over to the clerk, while Dadi muttered to herself "whatever is happening is not right! It is just not right!".

"Let me take you to your parent's place. Are you all packed?" Dhurv asked Thapki walking into the hall. Thapki looked up, surprised to see him. "Maa called me to tell me about the divorce! I came to check on you, to make sure you were ok." He replied reading the question in her eyes, walking towards her. Bihaan turned around and left the room. Slowly the rest of the family also left.

"Do take Thapki to her parent's house. Tell them that I will come to talk to them as soon as the divorce formalities were complete." Vasu said and left them both alone.

Dhurv stepped closer to Thapki to take her hand in his hands. Thapki was totally numb by this time. Last thing that had registered was that Bihaan left the room when Dhruv came. She pulled her hand back. "I will get my bag."

"I will carry it for you" Dhurv followed her to the room.

"I just need to gather a couple of items..." her voice trailed off as she looked around the room and remembered all the good times she had spent in this room.

"Take your time. I will wait here" he replied as he sat on the green couch in the corner of the room.

Steeling herself so that she did not dissolve in a puddle of tears right then and there, she briskly collected all her stuff, acutely aware of Dhurv's eyes following her.

"Let's go! I have everything." She said zipping the bag closed. Dhruv carried the bag out as she slowly followed him down the stairs. Her eyes searched for Bihaan but he was nowhere to be seen. She left the house with a heavy heart.

All the way home, Dhurv attempted to make small talk but Thapki did not respond. Dhurv figured that divorce, even from a meaningless marriage like this, was a huge deal for someone like Thapki and she would take some time to get over it and accept him back in her life. He fell silent as he resolved to give her time and win her back.

They reached the Chaturvedi Niwas. Before he could turn off the car, Thapki jumped out and ran into the house. He followed behind her. Her parents were knocking on the bedroom door as she had locked herself in. They were surprised to see Dhurv and Poonam asked "Where is Bihaan?"

Dhurv explained the whole situation and reassured them the best he could that everything was fine. They did not seem to be convinced but were comforted to see Dhurv's care for Thapki. Dhruv waited a while for Thapki to come of the room but she didn't. He did not push her as he knew she would come out, come to him when she was ready. With this thought, he took his leave of her parents.
Edited by Katori - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harneet.kahlon thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yrrr no plz yeh divorce nhi ho skta .
.tharuv ek nhi ho skte ...I want thahaan only 😭 😭 😭
fan.matsh thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
However practical your TS may seem, my heart doesn't have in it to accept this. I hope it ends with Thapki n Bihaan's marriage N not Tha --- ruv! I am going to b patient n wait n watch.
oceanbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am not sure where this is headed...But would love to know...
But why Thahaan divorce...??😭😭😭

Continue soon...
princess2791 thumbnail
emotional i am crying bukets here. so both thahaan thinking that other one doesnt want to continue their relation. so heart touching part please continue soon.
Kowsi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Katori, you write real well and the emotions are well worded
But I will follow Maty, pls yaar make Bihaan and Thapki back again! I can't stand Dhruv around Thapki
P.D.Dutta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Welcome back Katori..
The story is realistic but no tha...ruv please
PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Nooo!
No Tha-----------------------Ruv plz! Plz!😭

Update soon :)
manaan thumbnail