Aishwarya to essay Maharani Gayatri Devi in Milan Luthria's next?

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Ajay Devgn to romance Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in 'Baadshaho'?

By Gaurav Dubey |Posted 4 hours
 23 0 23 0 0

The actress is said to have been approached for Milan Luthria's next project

Ajay Devgn and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Says a source working on the project, "The makers have met Aishwarya a couple of times and are waiting for a go-ahead from her. She has liked the script and just might sign the film. If all goes well, Ash and Ajay will reunite on the big screen almost 12 years after their last films together, 'Raincoat' and 'Khakee' (both 2004)."

Also read: Kareena Kapoor Khan not doing Ajay Devgn's 'Baadshaho'

Interestingly, this year, Ajay's directorial venture 'Shivaay' will clash with Aishwarya-starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' during Diwali. As far as the parallel leads are concerned, names of Shruti Haasan, Lisa Haydon and Nargis Fakhri did the rounds, but eventually, Esha Gupta was signed. (Read more)

So far, Ajay, Esha and Vidyut Jammwal (who replaced Pulkit Samrat) have been signed. "The rest of the star cast has been locked and once Ash's confirmation comes to us, an official announcement shall be made," adds the source.

A 2017 Republic Day release has been locked by the makers. (Read more) When contacted, Lutharia refused to divulge details about the recent developments. "I will not comment on any casting speculation. Official announcements will only be made by Bhushan Kumar and me," he said in a text message.

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/ajay-devgn-to-romance-aishwarya-rai-bachchan-in-baadshaho/17114192#sthash.gCHXDbqM.dpuf

"Baadshaho is rumoured to be inspired by a true incident - a raid on a Royal family of Rajasthan, which had an acrimonious relationship with the political leadership during the Emergency of 1975."

Milan Luthria says, "This is an EXPLOSIVE idea, based loosely on true events that transpired during the Emergency. The action and music are rustic and set in Rajasthan. I am thrilled to collaborate with Bhushan and Ajay, but I don't want to reveal too much about the film at the moment, except to say that like my other films it will be a blend of action, humour, emotion and one liners. Rajat Aroraa has written the script, and Bhushan and I plan to produce the film on a grand scale."

Know how Maharani Gayatri Devi avenged her jail term during Indira Gandhi's Emergency period

Bhaskar News | Nov 19, 2013, 11:32AM IST

Jaipur: The status of the third Maharani Rajasthan, Maharani Gayatri Devi was comparable to the then Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi. It was believed that the queen and the woman PM were at loggerheads with each other. Both had different opinions on Emergency and Jaigarh fort's treasure.

The controversy dates back to 1975-76 when Indian democracy faced a standstill situation in the state of emergency on the orders of Indira Gandhi. Gayatri Devi offered strong criticism to the decision. During the emergency period, income tax officers carried out rampant and frequent raids in the palace. Army was used to help in the process against the royal powers. 

In her book, A Princess Remembers, Gayatri recalled her experience in 5-month jail period in the Emergency.  Built by Raja Jai Singh, Jaigarh fort near Amer was raided by the tax officers. Then the representatives of the royal family were Raja Sawai Man Singh (II) and wife Gayatri Devi. Both were the opponents of the Congress because they were members of the Swatantra party'. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rashck thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Wowie, she is the perfect person to play Maharani gayatri, hope this is true.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
She was supposed to play this role 10 years back but things never materialized. This is perfect for Ash hope she goes for it
teenplusteen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
100 YES's to her playing Gayatri Devi. Yes to her pairing with Ajay after 12 yrs. Director I am a little iffy about though.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Can totally see Aishwarya nailing this part. 
rashck thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

Can totally see Aishwarya nailing this part. 

The first 2 pics are so strikingly similar. She would be great for this part if it a prominent role
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Please let this be true. It's been in and out of the news for so long. She would be perfect for the role, granting the script is in the right hands.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
What about the Mani Ratnam movie Aishwarya was going to work on SOON? Its been almost a year now

Or that Sujoy Ghosh film she announced in Cannes last year?

And why is she not waiting for SLB?😭

rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
If there is one role that ONLY Ash should do...its Maharani Gayatri Devi...
Anyone else would be a miscast.
I hope it happens before Ash is too old to carry this role.

-spartacus- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

What about the Mani Ratnam movie Aishwarya was going to work on SOON? Its been almost a year now

Or that Sujoy Ghosh film she announced in Cannes last year?

And why is she not waiting for SLB?😭

True! Why?? ðŸ¤£ðŸ˜­ðŸ¤£