LeEco Le 1s Review - Deserves to be your Awesome mate!

Fahadamir thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello Folks,

I'm Fahad, Tech-Enthusiast and Blogger. I wanted to share a review of my #Superphone LeEco Le 1s, so I waited for months before judging this phone. Here is my review after 3 months of usage.

1. Design

The phone has a full metal body which feels great in hands. Also, it has thin bezels on the side which are almost non-existent. The phone has been well-crafted and no other phone feels thisunbelievably premium at this price point. No other phones in this price segment looks as beautiful as Le 1s.

2. Display

The first thing you'd notice after its metal design is its display. It has an 1080P Full HD screen, which is just brilliant. The images are crisp with a high colour contrast and saturation. It feels great to watch media.

3. Fingerprint Sensor

There is a mirror finished fingerprint sensor on the back of the 1s, right above their branding. Its accuracy is really good and its placement is just perfect. The index finger naturally rests there no matter which hand you use it from and the device is automatically unlocked.

4. 4K Recording

One neat feature hidden is that the phone capable of recording 4K videos. It can be enabled by going into the camera settings while inside the camera. Frankly it is not the best 4K camera out there, but it gets the job done. Most of the phone cameras out there which record 4K cost about INR 50,000. Also, it is a clever addition to the phone because they sell 4K TVs in China on which these videos can be consumed. They intend to bring these TVs to India soon!

5. Fast Charging

The LeEco Le 1s supports USB Type-C port at the bottom and it has a 3,000mAh battery which is pretty average for everyday usage. It lasts half a day with heavy usage and lasts full day if you are not a heavy user. It comes with support for fast charging. My device is taking 1 hour 20 minutes to get fully charged.

6. IR Blaster

On the top right on the phone, there is a small IR blaster placed and the phone can be used as a remote with a dedicated app which is preinstalled in the device. This app can be used to control many home appliances like TVs, AC, etc. Also, they let you make your own remote with custom IR functions.

7. Dual SIM

LeEco 1s comes with dual SIM support, something that is common with most of the phones these days. They can be accessed using a SIM eject tool and has support for one Micro SIM and one Nano SIM. The best part of the dual SIM is that both the SIMs support 4K at the same time!

8. Price

Last but not least, the final reason to get this beautiful handset is its price. The Le 1s is priced at INR 10,999/- which is tad lower when compared to phones with similar features. The LeEco company has claimed that they are selling this phone with a loss i.e. for less than bill of materials. 

Edited by Fahadamir - 8 years ago