bepannaahpyaar. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Chalte chalte, 
Dekho na... 

Yeh hum kahan aa gaye?

Upon entering his room, she found him looking intently at his bookshelf. For a second she could've sworn she saw her old Shravan; the bespectacled, timid boy with a heart of gold who was always in some deep thought. He was so still in his observation, she almost didn't want to corrupt the moment.

But this was only the calm before the storm, and she knew it. It didn't take a genius to gather why he'd called her here, but after today...she was in no mood for any conversation herself.

The floor creaked ever so slightly as she took her first step, breaking his concentration. He finally noticed her, standing there in the doorway looking as distraught as he'd hoped.

But like the party, this farce engagement too didn't quench the bloodthirst. If anything, her pain acted like timber, only feeding into the fire he was already trapped in. For all these years.

Trapped. Weighted down by shackles, his own peace of mind burning him at the stake for trying to move past the hurt. Held captive in a prison, surrounded by a thousand mirrors mocking him, each breath he took only fueling the flames...this was "he." This is what he had become. He was out for blood, a homicidal rage facilitated by his trauma, his memories from the prison cell.

And yes he...was still there.

But he was not a victim...no. He asked for this of course! He asked to have his heart ripped out and handed to him, with a tag of nonchalance added in for good measure. As if the hell he'd been living with for the past ten years was nothing. It was laughable, honestly, the way things had turned out. Because today, with the tragic spectacle his life had become, he felt as though he could give even the classic Hamlet a run for his money!

He didn't want a free-pass, he was wrong. But perhaps what he was chasing was acknowledgement. Perhaps he just wanted to have an effect! Perhaps for once he wanted to goddamn matter! 

And perhaps that is what he was out for, not her tears. And with that he was still wrong, just in a different way.

Because her tears burned. And despite his best efforts he just couldn't see the logic behind why. Or perhaps he didn't want to.

It was her heart he was trying to trample over, but then why did it become his ache?

Because for the first time in ten years, the trapped child in that prison, finally saw a light. And rather than her broken spirit, it was her smile, her laughter that broke through the insufferable concrete. It crumbled upon touch, as if bowing down to the power she had over him. And where that power came from...it was better left unsaid. It always was.

And coming to think of it, now it all made sense. The antidote could only be derived from the poison itself.

Part 2, scroll down.

-Kriti ❤️

Edited by .SankaDevi. - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Part 2

"Kya kaam tha?" She finally spoke, the first words spoken in the past 5 minutes. Her unaffected pretense was more than just shaky. They both knew why he'd called for her...though now with the engagement drama, she might have a few words of her own to add to the conversation. "Lala uncle bata rahe the, you were asking for me. I feel honored!"

Oh she was going to play dumb now is she? Clenching his jaw, he simply walked past her to shut the door.

"What the he-"

"Tumhe tamasha banana hai?" He asked, in what had become his cold, signature, matter-of-fact tone.

She only glared back. She'd like to see him try.

"Tamasha? Main? Kissi ki himmat hai jo aaj tumhare saamne tamaasha banaye? The director himself!"

Pretending to ignore the words coming out of her mouth, he made his way over to the cupboard. She followed, stopping right by his side as he propped open the doors.

"First the party now this? Seriously man, you deserve a round of freakin applause. Main toh standing ovation bhi de deti had your family not been there. Oh what genius planning, invite me to another 'harmless holi party' and then in front of my face--"

"Wait what, planned?" He looked at her incredulously, "I can't believe this..." he mumbled under his breath, not able to believe his ears. "You think I planned on getting myself enga--"

"It wouldn't surprise me," she scoffed at his attempt at a rebuttal.

Finally he pursed his lips, "Well if that's your opinion of me, there's not much I can do. Though it's very well justified I must say. You've introspected greatly into my actions Sumo, really enlightened me about my character."

"Suman," she corrected.

Did she just...she did. Fine. If that's the way she wanted it, that's the way it'll be.

Not wanting to appear impacted, he swiftly agreed. "Of course," he finally looked into her eyes, his disappointment glaringly obvious. Grabbing the ancestral jewelry she insulted him with that morning from his cupboard, he took her hand in his. "Suman," he confirmed, as he placed the red cloth in her hands.

Turning his back, he pretended to be busy with the detailing of his ceiling. In an ineffective attempt at trying to shield her from the pain in his voice, he dismissed the meeting. "That was all, you may now leave."

But she was still there, taken aback by his nonchalant agreement.

Of course.

Suman.

The contrast between his words and his actions drew her attention to the weight in her hands. She had had enough.

Sick, tired, and exhausted with this act, she called out to him. "But you said yes!" now finally letting the hurt in her heart reflect in her voice.

He turned around, surprised that she was still there. "Maybe you didn't plan it. But you said yes Shravan. You asked to engaged today Oxford grad," she paused as if searching for the right words, "Do you even know what that means?"

Looking at the muddle of emotions in her eyes, he knew he wasn't escaping from this one. But for some reason, he didn't want to either. He was ready to lay his armor down and accept defeat.

Because for the first time in his life, he saw in her eyes what he always found in his. 

Because finally, she seemed to be asking the right questions.

The beginning.

The End.

-Kriti ❤️

Edited by .SankaDevi. - 8 years ago
Note from the author:

Considering the way this track was handled ❤️❤️❤️, I don't feel the need to continue this. The conversation they would be having here is something I'll leave to your imagination. I feel like ending the OS where their conversation starts is a great open ending to leave y'all with regardless 🤗

I will write up something about "that" conversation, the one we're all waiting for. And since it doesn't need to happen here, I'm going to let this be as is, and write something proper on "that" conversation.  I wanted "that" conversation to play out in a different scenario, different situation, and now I have the liberty to do so. I can't stop dreaming about "that" conversation...sigh... 

Well I hope you liked this OS regardless, thanks for all the love 🤗

And remember, have a bit of faith in our show? #NoChill 😆 

-Kriti ❤️
Found this edit from the creation gallery, credits to: DilMereSuntaNhi
Felt like it fits the tone of this OS, so I'll just leave this here for you all.''

Chalte chalte,
Dekho na,

Yeh hum kahan aa gaye...

Acidity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Res for my comment.
unres...

Jaldi se jaldi se likhna nahi to uda dungi 

Edited by BlackWidowBaby - 8 years ago
renjini263 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just one word.. Mind blowing!
He is still affected by her..his heart aches wen he hurts her.. He wants her to react, shout at him bt she is being indifferent and trying to move on that is affecting him very much.. where as he hasn't yet! And he isn't able to move on..

Waiting for the next part kriti.. Continue soon :) take Cr :)
Soul_Stirrer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
It was her heart he was trying to trample over, but then why did it become his ache?
That line just stole my heart. U r amazeballs Kriti. And the antidote lies in the poison. God it couldnt be more accurate. Keep up 😳 

Tweets
-Shilpaa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awesome kriti👏
Waiting for the next part.
We all really need this🤗
mineforever thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Wow.That was amazing.
It was so beautifully written. I could feel what he was feeling..the tug of war he was fighting with himself.
Sugarbabe14 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was her heart he was trying to trample over, but then why did it become his ache? 

Dis  line just took away my heart. U r amzayn  Kriti di and the antidote lies in the poison. God damm it couldn't  be more perfect . Flawless... :-* :-* :) :-)

just loved it nd one request plz do update the other parts early nd I am sorry agar bura laga ho to
Update soon...
Waiting...
Love Ishita 😳😳