SidNi OS : Unknown

skinnypal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Disclaimer - I tried something new, trust me it is very boring! Please read at your own risk! This is nothing like my previous works! And Sorry in advance for wasting your time on this 🤢 

UNKNOWN

I opened my eyes and sat up with a jerk. My heart was pounding heavily in my chest and I swear I felt that it would come off me. I wiped off the sweat from my forehead and looked around as I tried to calm my breathing. I was in a hospital. I could hear the machines beeping monotonously. That was all I could hear. Otherwise it was silent. Too silent. Too eerie to be a hospital, actually.

I see the glass of water kept on the side table and reach for it. But my hand was attached with the saline; I couldn't get hold off the glass. I pressed the ringer bell and waited patiently for a nurse or a doctor or atleast someone to come and help me.

Minutes passed but nothing changed. My impatience grew as I kept waiting for the sound of footsteps approaching my room, or the gush of air that would indicate that someone, anyone was coming. 

It was enough, I was thirsty and I couldn't wait anymore. I pulled the syringe from my body and detached it from me; I kept my feet on the cold floor and sat facing the side of the room.  I took the glass of water and drank it, gulping it down quenching my thirst.

Once again I looked all around me, especially at the door of my room. Anxiously waiting for it to open and someone to come inside who could tell me what was going on. I kept the empty glass back on the side table. 

Wait a minute, let's back down. What am I doing here in the hospital in the first place? What happened to me? Why isn't anyone attending to me? Why don't I have my family around me? Why isn't...??

My head starts aching as I pressurize myself into thinking who I was talking about.

"Nurse?! Doctor?!" I screamed, as I could feel  the nerves exploding inside my brain.

Pissed at being ignored, I get up and walk up to the door. I open it up; prepared to shout at the first person I see who works for the hospital. All that welcomed me was the empty corridor. All I heard was the loud thud of the door that I had banged open, rest was all too quiet. 

I turn to my left; the far end of the corridor had a reception. A vacant reception. I turn to my right, the entire hallway was soulless, unmoving and frightening.

Suddenly I heard a faint cry of a girl. Her shrill voice pierced through my ears to my heart bloodcurdling my mind. The pain in her voice was horrific, for a second I wished I never came out of my room. But her pain drew me towards her, and I started walking in that direction to put a face on that pain.

While I walked, I prayed in my mind that never in my life should I go through the sorrow that the girl was in. I saw her sitting at the end of the passageway on the bench with her hands covering her face. I took another step towards her and stopped right at the moment when her howl echoed the emptiness of the hallway.

I didn't know who she was, or why she was crying but all I knew was that she was burying herself in deep grief. Unknown to myself, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I wipe them off immediately and go closer towards her.

I kneel down beside her, the moment she realizes my presence she keeps her legs up on the bench hiding her in them not wanting to face anyone.

"Hi" I whispered rubbing the fresh drops of tears that fell on my nose.

She doesn't respond, but her cries had stopped.

"Why are you so upset?" I asked hesitantly.

"Why do you care, you have put me in this place!" she mumbled, shocking me to the core.

"Me? What have I done? I...I don't even know you.." I was taken aback.

"That's what you have done. Do you even know who you are?" She stated, in between her sobs.

"I...I don't get it... I... I am..." I paused to think, to think what my name was! Knowing your own name is like a reflex action, it comes out instantly. But the more I tried to think about it, the more blurry my vision became. 

What was happening?! Where was I? I looked around as the corridor started spinning. Who was this girl? I couldn't see her face.

"Who are you? Look at me. Show me your face!" I demanded aggressively but she doesn't look up.

Panic and anger stricken I shake her up, to have a look at her.

What I saw next, left me terror-stricken. I take a few steps back, trying to get away from her.

"See now you are leaving me." I heard her say again, but from where? I thought. 

Because all I could see instead of her face was a bright light shining on my face. Where was her face? How did she speak to me? What was happening? How is that humanly possible? Why was I in this bare hospital? Who the hell was she? Who the hell was I? Did she mean something to me? Were we together? Were we apart? There were hundreds of questions running in my mind, I needed answers.

By the look of her, I knew I wouldn't get any. I started running in the opposite direction trying to find someone who could answer me. The hospital was anyhow spinning, making it all the more difficult for me to run. Deep down I knew that I wouldn't find anyone else. Coz this could never be real. This was definitely a nightmare.

I felt her behind me, calling out to me. I wanted to outrun her; I was petrified to even look at her again. Her faceless and painful self was becoming intolerable for me, because somewhere I believed her. It was my fault that she was like that.

I heard her call a name. My name. I turned around to hear it properly, and she came running towards me.

"What did you say?" I whispered as she came near me and my heart skipped not one, but many beats coming to a halt.

"Siddharth..." I heard her say as I got lost deep inside the bright light of her face. Everything went to a standstill for that instant. Total blankness. Total black.

At that moment I realized how important she was for me.

Faintly, the machine starts beeping, picking up its momentum as the heart started thumping in his chest once again.

I open my eyes and sit up with a jerk. My heart was pounding heavily in my chest and I swear I felt that it would come off me. I wiped off the sweat from my forehead and looked around as I tried to calm my breathing. I was in a hospital. I could hear the machines beeping monotonously. I was not alone. 

The doctors and the nurse start checking on me, while the others on the far end of the room sighed in relief.

After a few minutes, the doctor asks, "What's your name?"

"Siddharth" I whispered thinking about that faceless girl in my dream and eyeing the unknown faces in the room.

"What's your wife's name, Siddharth?" he asked me again.

This time a girl walks up to my bed, sitting beside me and holding my hand. Her eyes were dry and weary, her nose red - she must have been crying for days. She slightly presses my hand and I look at her in confusion, "Siddharth..." she mumbled controlling her emotions. 

Her eyes holding hope, that I certainly didn't want to break. Her voice... I have heard it before.. It's the same voice that I had heard in my nightmare. My eyes widen up. She is my wife. She was in so much pain. Pain that I had given her, of forgetting her completely. How could I do that to her once more?!

"Siddharth, her name?" the doctor asked again.

Fresh tears were welling up in her eyes as I kept mum, ready to overflow, once I reject knowing her.

"I am sorry, Mrs. Khurana..." started the doctor.

His words, her agonizing eyes, the shrieks of my dream, her faceless body, and the light on her face - triggered something in me and I uttered - "Roshni."

I wanted to stop her from crying but instead she had started bawling her eyes out in happiness while she hugged me. I was overwhelmed. I hugged her back cautiously. I didn't want to hurt her in anyway. She was too tender at that second.

The doctors tell them to let me rest, everyone leaves the room. Even my wife, Roshni.

I close my eyes as I lay down back again on the hospital bed. I secretly hoped this was another one of my nightmares and I get up in reality. But my hopes were weak, coz I knew this was reality. Reality was bad. It was tough. But I had to make this through. Make it right. Make myself remember everything. Including Roshni.

You know what's the scariest part? It's the fear of not knowing. 

Not knowing who the others are, who I am? Not knowing how to connect all these unknowns to each other. Not knowing that whether I will ever be able to remember my past? Not knowing how long I have to wait for all the unknowns to be known to me. And the worst of all, what if I have forgotten the person whom I trusted the most? Whom am I supposed to trust now?

My eyes droop as the medicines seep in through my veins, I notice her face peeping through the glass door of my room. Her face was the last thing I see before drifting off to sleep. Her face held all the answers that I was so scared of. 

Yes, she was my light. I trust her. 

~ If you hate it, just say that you hated it! 😆 Be honest please 😊 ~

Edited by skinnypal - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Durga30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
pal honestly I love this os alot...its something different. ..I liked sid's nightmare of how he woke up then meeting a girl roshni and their convo...I loved it and its not at all boring...
babithaj thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Pal, it's very real and emotional dear... Light = Roshni... You wrote his emotions really well...
abinaya98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Pal.u r mad ..u saying this s boring..
It s awesome fantbaluous...awesome writing👏d nightmare😳
 D crying of d girl and d scenes in d nightmare was beautifully written😳👏
Loved d last scene a lottt...d way he said Roshni😳😳
It was so intruiging loved it😳😳
skinnypal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Durga30

pal honestly I love this os alot...its something different. ..I liked sid's nightmare of how he woke up then meeting a girl roshni and their convo...I loved it and its not at all boring...

thanks durga! 😳 Personally im not a fan of such stories.. donno what made me write it 😆 
skinnypal thumbnail

Originally posted by: babithaj

Pal, it's very real and emotional dear... Light = Roshni... You wrote his emotions really well...

Thanks Babi 😃 Yeah that was a metaphor 😛 light and Roshni... 
skinnypal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Purni12

Pal.u r mad ..u saying this s boring..

It s awesome fantbaluous...awesome writing👏d nightmare😳
 D crying of d girl and d scenes in d nightmare was beautifully written😳👏
Loved d last scene a lottt...d way he said Roshni😳😳
It was so intruiging loved it😳😳

Thanks Purni, actually i personally don't like this kinda stuff so i thought it was boring! But m glad you liked it 😳 Thanks a tonne ⭐️
skinnypal thumbnail

thanks! 😳
prathe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
skinno u are writing such genre stories😲       whatever but must say it was somehting intense and different good one👏👏
skinnypal thumbnail

Originally posted by: prathe

skinno u are writing such genre stories😲       whatever but must say it was somehting intense and different good one👏👏

i know right? Pata nahi i just felt like writing something like this 😆 thanks Prathe 😳