Krishna-Satyabhama drabbles updated on pg 9

SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi :)
I am Srutha :)
I am a huge devotee and lover of Lord Krishna, and I opened this thread to write about Him here, in the form of drabbles/stories.
I am huge fan of Krishna-Satyabhama. Their angle hasn't been explored by many people properly, and this saddens me :/
This thread will probably have a lot of Krishna-Bhama stories, though I will take requests.
Please do give me feedback :)

The Meeting- pg 1
Second Meeting- pg 3
The Abduction part 1- pg 9
Edited by TwinMadness - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriMaatangi thumbnail
This idea was given by Janaki πŸ€—
And my inspiration to write Krishna-Bhama, Shivi πŸ€—
This is NOT what happened in the original. This is just one of the ways they could've met.
Feedback is always welcome :)

THE MEETING

Satyabhama sighed. Why had this happened to her? She was currently content with just loving Dwaarkadheesh Shri Vaasudeva Krishna from a distance. Why is He coming home? For the first time her entire life, she felt shy when it came to a man. She had always been proud that she wasn't one to be shaken by a man's looks. But, Hai Narayana! Shri Krishna's beauty was indescribable; all the beauty of all the worlds had entered Him. He was tall, lithe and athletic, yet not full of muscles, unlike His elder brother, Shriman Balaram. He was usually seen in a silk yellow dhoti, a matching angavastram, the colour contrasting His blue body. His crown had the ever-present peacock feather, and his eyes twinkled with mischief; yet, with compassion and love. His smile stole her breath, her heart, her very soul.

Oh Krishna! Don't you know that I fell in love with you the day I saw you in Mathura? Why haven't you come for me yet, Oh Lord! Have I made a mistake?'

Satyabhama agonized over it. She who never showed her emotions out to anyone, she who prided in the fact that she never bothered about men's looks, she who never thought she would be this much in love; that Satyabhama, Satrajit's prized jewel, sat agonizing over her thoughts about Krishna.

Within Dwaraka, Shri Krishna smiled, and got up from His seat. He needed a walk, in the pushp vatika!

Satyabhama snapped out of her trance when she heard the sound of tinkling anklets. Her sakhis were approaching! It wouldn't do well for them to see her in this state; she was hardly anything but humorous, sarcastic or poker-faced with them. If they see her in the state she is, they will know that something is different, and will keep irritating and prodding her so much, that she would eventually blurt out the entire truth. She straightened her posture, raised her head, squared her shoulders; she got up, and started playing with her deer, the poor things she had neglected for the past few minutes. She felt horrible! How could she have forgotten these beautiful creations of Prakriti? Another reason why she hadn't wanted to fall in love. And funnily enough, she who had the ability to guess other's emotions very quickly, had taken years to realize that she had fallen in love in Mathura itself. The irony of life! Satyabhama shook her head, and went back to playing and feeding the deer.

"Satya!"

Satyabhama's best friend, Madhavi, came up to her.

"Where were you? We went back to your father's palace all the way, only to find out that you had already gone to the pushp-vatika", said Madhavi.

"My prayers took longer; I lost myself in Narayana-world", said Satyabhama.

"Satya, don't imagine. Why is the Lord of all the worlds going to come and marry you?", asked her friend Malavika. "Why you, that too?"

"The Lord comes to all His devotees when they call Him truly, lovingly. He is the one who grants all His devotees wishes; my Narayan will come for me", said Satyabhama, and added in her mind, In the form of Shri Krishna'

Her friends started picking flowers; why, she would never understand. Satyabhama sighed. The daily poojas were over, all of them had long strings of flowers in their hair. Why destroy something as precious as this for their own interest? Flowers are so beautiful in their respective places; though her sakhis would argue with her saying that flowers are meant to be woven together and placed in the hair. Which is also true in a way. Yet, destroying nature, and Mother Earth was a sin to her! She wished that Mother Earth would re-incarnate as a volatile woman; someone who would be a tough mother, and give back what wicked people deserved.

She snapped out of her new rant when she heard her friends giggling. She saw that the deer she was feeding was looking in a particular direction, so were the birds on the trees; she turned to look at her sakhis, who were also looking in the same direction. What was it that attracted all of them to the same direction? Who was there?

Suddenly, she felt her heart rate spike up; breathlessness evaded her very being, love filling her entirely, soul included.

He is here', she thought wildly, slowly getting up, and adjusting her dress discreetly so as to not draw attention to her. Slowly, she nudged her sakhi, Priyamvada, standing at the back.

"Satya, look", said Priyamvada, excitedly. "Its swayam Dwaarkadheesh. All alone"

That was new. All the small glimpses she had had of Him, His brother would always be with Him. Strange', she thought.

"Be louder, Vada. He will know you are talking about Him", she said, mentally adding, It's not like He doesn't'

She could feel Him walk towards them; she could feel the blush forming on her cheeks, merely by the thought of facing Him; she raised her head, willed her blush away. She couldn't act anything different, even when she is affected like this!

"Pranaam"

His melodious voice caused her heart to burst with joy; calmness descended on her. She felt, at that moment, that she could achieve everything in the world. Such was the power of His voice!

Her friends, the idiots, giggled, and replied, "Pranaam!"

"You are all Raja Satrajit's daughter Satyabhama's sakhis, are you not?", asked the melodious voice.

She had never heard her name sound better.

"We are", they giggled further.

"You always seem to know everything", said Urvashi, a brazren friend of hers.

Of course He does', thought Bhama, her sarcasm kicking in, He is Dwaarkadheesh. And the Lord of the Universe'

"Satyaa!", she heard Madhavi call. "Here she is, Dwaarkadheesh"

Oh good! Her friends are offering her on a platter to the man she is in love with, without knowing. Not telling them was a fantastic idea!

She moved forward quickly, and glanced up into warm brown eyes; the same eyes which she knew had the ability to show every emotion known together. They now twinkled, with a soft, tender look, which seemed to be subtle; only enough for her to see. Feeling the blush rise on her cheeks, she said, "Pranaam!"

"Pranaam, Rajkumari Satyabhama!", said Shri Krishna, smiling down at her.

She wished she could lose herself in His eyes; her life would be happy like that. Just lost in Him; that would be bliss.

Suddenly, she heard her friends scream; she felt them scramble and move away. She looked around to see a large snake slither across the grass. The snake was headed towards her and Dwaarkadheesh. The snake stopped in front of them, and raised its hood. Satyabhama stared at the snake calmly. The snake stared back at her, unblinking.

Folding her hands in a polite greeting, she said, "Pranaam naga! Is there any purpose for your visit?"

The snake turned and looked at Shri Krishna adoringly. Thus was the charm and attraction of Shri Krishna! All animals around were attracted by His mere presence. She saw Him bending down, and softly, lovingly pat the snake on its hood, the snake bent down to receive His love and affection. She closed her beautiful eyes and sighed lightly. Opening them, she found Shri Krishna looking at her, and then gesturing down, with His eyes. She looked down to see the naga look at her adoringly. What had she done to deserve that? She smiled at the snake, and bent down to touch the snake. The snake placed its head, first at Shri Krishna's feet, then at hers, and slithered away.

She watched the snake go, and continued staring in that direction, even after the snake left. She could feel His eyes on her, piercing through her. Summoning the courage she was well known for, she turned, and met His eyes, allowing a dark blush to spread across her fair face.

"Dwaarkadheesh, what are you doing here?", asked Satyabhama.

"Am I not supposed to be here, Rajkumari?", asked Krishna, eyes twinkling.

"I never said that. I just wanted to know how it is that you are here, as I never see you here", said Satyabhama, a very mild accusatory tone in her voice.

"Does that mean that I should come her more often?", asked Krishna, smiling widely, eyes still twinkling.

Satyabhama's face turned redder, but she refused to back down, and maintaining eye contact with Him, she said, "This whole place belongs to you; it is your wish to come and go as you please"

"And you, Rajkumari?", asked Krishna, the expression in His eyes now turning into a knowing one.

"And me what?", asked Satyabhama, blushing, understanding the meaning behind His words.

"Do you want me to come here?", asked Krishna, now smirking.

Satyabhama gaped at Him for a second, and then said, "That is your wish Dwaarkadheesh. I don't own this place"

"But you come here a lot, don't you?", asked Krishna.

"That still doesn't make me the owner of this place. I am just a visitor, however regular I am. But, Dwaarkadheesh, how do you know all this?", asked Satyabhama, a little puzzled.

"I own all this right; I have to know all the happenings", said Krishna.

It's not just this place that you own. You own the entire Universe, me included. Yet, Prabhu, you play these games', thought Satyabhama.

"Throwing my words back at me, Dwaarkadheesh?", asked Satyabhama. "Okay"

"Okay is the reaction I am going to get?", asked Krishna.

"What am I supposed to say?", said Satyabhama.

"The whole protest about not throwing your words back at you argument is non-existent?", asked Krishna. "Dau still does it"

"Probably only to you, with the rights of an elder brother", said Satyabhama.

"Possibly. But then, I've heard you do the same too?", said Krishna.

"What? Throw peoples' words back at them? I generally don't. I prefer other ways of speaking", said Satyabhama.

"Like using your quick wits and sharp mind", said Krishna. "I've heard stories about you"

"What sort of stories?", asked Satyabhama.

"Good ones", said Krishna. "You are a warrior, a scholar, a politician; so many things"

"It's hardly surprising that I am all those. There are so many women like that, including Queen Rukmini", said Satyabhama.

"Yes", agreed Krishna. "But Rukmini doesn't like executing politics, though she understands it. I don't think you would have a problem though"

"I don't. If it is for the betterment of society, then I will do it", said Satyabhama.

Which is why I need both you and Rukmini; you both will complement each other, and will thus be my Shakti', thought Krishna. Without either of you, my purpose will not be completed'

Out loud, He said, "That's how it should be, Rajkumari"

They both stood smiling at each other; one blushing red, but refusing to look down, one smirking, yet with a tender look in the eyes.

" "Satyaa!", shrieked her sakhis.

Satyabhama turned, irritated.

"Your mother is coming this way, searching for you. What did you do now?", asked Urvashi.

"I did nothing. But Ma is looking for me..", faltered Satyabhama.

She looked at Krishna, smiled at Him, and said, "Pranaam Dwaarkadheesh! Give me permission to leave"

"Of course, Rajkumari. I will be seeing you very soon"

His eyes caressed her; her heart, mind and soul burst forth with joy. She could feel her soul call out to Him; she knew it, He knew it.

She smiled at Him, a blush adorning her lovely face. She turned and walked towards her sakhis, feeling His eyes on her back. She turned discreetly, and met His eyes. Smiling, and blushing, she turned to leave, and forced herself to go towards her mother .

Soon, Satyabhama. Soon', thought Shri Krishna, smiling.

Edited by TwinMadness - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The os is brilliantly beautiful srutha! I loved the characterization of both krishna and satyabhama. 😳 ❀️ Satya's feelings were beautifully explored and brought out. There first meeting was perfect and lovely in the garden. Loved the entire thing. Do continue soon.
You write amazingly! πŸ‘ Edited by ramya06 - 8 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
OMG!!! I absolutely love this.  You have written the character of Satyabhama so beautifully. I adore her first meeting with Lord Krishna in the pushp vatika. It puts me to mind of Ram-Sita's first meeting there, and how Lakshmi-Narayan's first meetings on Earth always seem to happen in gardens. πŸ˜†

My most favorite part was where Krishna said that both she and Rukmini complement each other, and how together they are his shakti.  It is just the sort of thing I'd imagine Krishna to say, and it describes the respect he has for all his wives so well.

You know what? I think I am going to make a siggy of this OS of yours...using one of your dialogues as text. Would you mind? πŸ˜³
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

OMG!!! I absolutely love this.  You have written the character of Satyabhama so beautifully. I adore her first meeting with Lord Krishna in the pushp vatika. It puts me to mind of Ram-Sita's first meeting there, and how Lakshmi-Narayan's first meetings on Earth always seem to happen in gardens. πŸ˜†

My most favorite part was where Krishna said that both she and Rukmini complement each other, and how together they are his shakti.  It is just the sort of thing I'd imagine Krishna to say, and it describes the respect he has for all his wives so well.

You know what? I think I am going to make a siggy of this OS of yours...using one of your dialogues as text. Would you mind? πŸ˜³

Thank you :)
I love writing Satyabhama. She is my easiest to write, along with Urmila and Draupadi. 
I know right? πŸ˜ƒ
Krishna would say something like that  β€οΈ
I wrote it how I imagined He would have reacted to meeting Bhama in the garden. I don't like people butchering her character🀒. That's one of the reasons I started this whole Bhama exploring thing.
Edited by TwinMadness - 8 years ago
LakshMila thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg!Shrutha you too a Krishna devotee!
Meet me as well.
Coming to the drabble,you know Krishna's potrayal is so accurate that I could well imagine him.Good Job!
Though I am not a big KrishBhama fan,but I absolutely love everything associated with him.
Watched Mahabharat only for him ❀️
Are you a Panchalian as well?
Well,meet me again :P
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: LakshMila

Omg!Shrutha you too a Krishna devotee!

Meet me as well.
Coming to the drabble,you know Krishna's potrayal is so accurate that I could well imagine him.Good Job!
Though I am not a big KrishBhama fan,but I absolutely love everything associated with him.
Watched Mahabharat only for him ❀️
Are you a Panchalian as well?
Well,meet me again :P

I am :D
Thanks laadli :*
We meet in many areas? ;)
I am a huge one :P
Me too. β€οΈ
LakshMila thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yo!Tha you too a Krishna bhakt.
Well meet me :P
Thats one beautiful shot,as I have told you before,it seems more of a novel by some professional, I mean it!

Though not a big KrishBhama fan,I love my notorious, witty and beloved Krishna.And I also appreciate Bhama's character,that fierceness naa!

------//-///-
Well,shit!I thought my previous message failed to post.You know IF has some grudge against me!okay!
Take some more compliment from my side.And some more views!πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
Edited by LakshMila - 8 years ago
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: LakshMila

Yo!Tha you too a Krishna bhakt.

Well meet me :P
Thats one beautiful shot,as I have told you before,it seems more of a novel by some professional, I mean it!

Though not a big KrishBhama fan,I love my notorious, witty and beloved Krishna.And I also appreciate Bhama's character,that fierceness naa!

Who doesn't love our Krishna? 
Thanks Milii :*
Who are you a fan of? PM me though :P
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Very nice story. I always liked Satyabhama. That is why she along with lord Krisna whom I worship play prominent roles in my story The Fateful Evening. Nice to see another Satya admirer like me. Enjoyed your writing style.Waiting for the next part. Good luck.