Doli Armaano Ki

Deccan Chronicle: Actors drag Doli Armaano Ki maker to Cintaa

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

As many as 18 actors who worked for the show Doli Armaano Ki that went off air last year, have not been paid their remuneration by producer Pearl Grey.

According to sources, the producer owes an overall amount of Rs 1.5 crore to the concerned actors. The actors have now approached Cine & TV Artists Association (Cintaa) over non-payment of dues.

The amount has been outstanding since the show went off air in September last year. Despite assurances from the producer, the aggrieved actors have not been paid so far, insists the source.

The source reveals, "The actors have been waiting endlessly for their dues to be cleared. Even the lead actors have been struggling to get their money. She conveniently only keeps giving false assurances insisting there is shortage of funds. Irony is that she enjoys exotic holidays and roams about in expensive cars even though she claims she has no money to clear the pending dues."

Confirming the development, Mohit Mallik, the lead actor of the show, says, "Yes, our payment has been delayed indefinitely. Whenever we ask her to clear the dues, she insists she is short of funds. We have approached Cintaa. We have also scheduled a meeting with Pearl. Hopefully things should sort out. And if things don't work out, we will seek legal help."

Kamya Punjabi, who was also a part of the show, says, "She owes me a huge amount. I have been waiting since last two months. She just keeps giving me dates and nothing happens. I have worked hard for the show. I deserve the money. They think actors are fools. When they get high  ratings they never share the profit with us. Then why should we be made to share the loss, if at all there is any? I will wait for some more time, if I still don't get my money I will go to Pearl's place and create a scene."

When contacted, producer Pearl Grey said, "This was my first show as a sole producer and it was a big mistake to do it all on my own. I had hired people to look after production and they gave me an impression that I was making profits. But they were manipulating the accounts. My business head suddenly disappeared and later I discovered through my CA that I have actually incurred a loss of Rs 9 crore. The concerned actors have approached Cintaa and Mr Dilip Pithwa has issued a non-cooperation letter against me to all broadcasters. So I am not getting any work. I want to pay every single actor but I have no money."

She added, "The moment Mr Pithwa withdraws the letter, I will clear at least 25 per cent of the amount I owe to the small actors. The lead actors can easily wait for a couple of months. Why can't they give me some months when I have told them the problem I am currently facing?"

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SAMEENA RAZZAQ