FF LAKSHMAN URMILA :THE EPITOME OF SACRIFICE(index UPDT PG5 POST 6 )

Shivam... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi All
Here I will Be Posting various events from Prince Lakshmana's Life , Content will be taken from Various books . I hope you will like the same.

To Make it easy for me to send Pm , Pls like this index post

INDEX

1. LAKSHMAN RECEIVES NEWS OF EXILE  -  PG 1

( Source  : The game of Life - Shattered Dreams )

2. LAKSHMAN'S CONVINCING   -  PG 1

( Source  : The game of Life - Shattered Dreams )

3. BEWARE KISHKINDHA , HERE COMES THE INFERNO -  PG 2

( Source  : Ramayana : Modern retelling of the Great Epic by Ramesh Menon )

4. LAKSHMANA'S LAUGH -  PG 3

( Source  : Ramayana Stories in Modern South India by Paula Richman )

5.  A LAKSHMILA STORY ( VERSION 1 ) -  PG 4

( Source  : The Scion Of Ikshvaku )

5.  A BROTHERLY BOND   -  PG 5

( Source  : The Scion Of Ikshvaku )

Edited by shivam030291 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam... thumbnail

POST NO. 1

Book :  Game of life - The shattered dreams

Scene : Lakshman gets News of Rama's Exile

No sooner than Rama stepped out of the threshold of Keikeyi's room, He saw a fireball making its way to burn everyone and everything on its path. Fists clenched, teeth gritting and eyes flashing intense hate, Lakshmana was pacing furiously neither able to enter the room because of respect toward the king, nor able to resist entering to express solidarity with his beloved and wronged brother. Understanding Lakshmana's predicament, Rama chose not to speak to him at all and just walked past him.  Lakshmana felt as if a cool ocean had swept past him. When a burning log of wood falls into the cool ocean, it is swept away by the ocean currents without causing any harm. Soon realizing that Rama was no longer around, Lakshmana rushed toward Him with the umbrella and whisk.

There was no smiling Sita and Lakshmana beside him. Lakshmana was in fact behind Him and definitely not smiling. Rama had not dared to see his face, but knew exactly what the expression would be. Not wanting to allow Lakshmana to react, He had not spoken to him since walking out of Keikeyi's palace.

"Did the king personally tell You to leave Ayodhya and go to the forest?" asked Kaushalya, well aware of the answer. "No," said Rama, realizing the direction this discussion was headed. "If the king did not tell You directly, how is it the king's instruction?" Kaushalya wanted to know. "I am not following any instruction; I am just doing My duty. To rescue a person from drowning,
one does not wait for instructions; one's just helps." Rama's reply silenced Kaushalya. Though these words silenced Kaushalya, these fell like heavy bricks into Lakshmana's shallow cup of tolerance, forcing angry words to spill out of his thus-far silent mouth. Kaushalya's tears merely added fuel to a raging fire.  Lakshmana breathed fire and spewed: "How can a king surrender his mind to a vile woman? The command of an unsteady king whose sense of judgment is governed by lust for a beautiful woman should not be followed. Trust cannot be placed on innocent children and incapacitated oldies. The king has become senile. Finding fault in Rama is like trying to find a bitter neem twig on a sweet mango tree. Even Rama's enemies cannot find a fault in him. In 25 years, I have not heard a single person even indirectly speak ill of Rama. That being the situation, what treason or act of immorality did Rama commit to be evicted from the kingdom this way? Today, at the gates of Ayodhya will stand the mighty Lakshmana. Let me see who dares send Rama away from His rights. History has seen that injustice is never dealt appropriately through mere politeness.

Rama, your politeness will not work here. Let me use my strength to fight this injustice." Realizing that His brother's overprotectiveness had resulted in disrespect for his father and mother, Rama clarified His stance. He said: "My mind cannot deviate from the path of dharma or righteousness just like the honey bee cannot be deviated from its path to nectar. Lakshmana, you claim to be strong, but let Me tell you, I am not strong enough to go against the wishes of My father. For a son, going against his father does not depict strength but weakness of character. The highest dharma or duty of a son is to obediently follow his father's orders.

He continued to counsel Lakshmana, "My dear brother, don't you realize that Our father needs Us now more than any other time in the past? Instead of increasing his burden, We should plan to release him from the miserable state he is in. I cannot even imagine acting in a way that would be disagreeable to My father or mother. Our behavior should not add to the anxiety of our already anxious parents. Birds are born totally dependent on their parents, but once they develop wings, they should relieve them of the burden of their maintenance by taking care of themselves. Are we worse than birds that we cannot relieve our parents' burden? Right now Our father's anxiety is that I may not obey his words. And mother Keikeyi's anxiety is how soon I will leave so that she can focus on Bharata's coronation. The expected action from you as an obedient son is to immediately get tree barks for Me to wear and once I am gone you should focus on Bharat's coronation and use all those things that you accumulated for My coronation."

Still seeing lack of conviction and pain in Lakshmana's eyes, Rama took the philosophical approach. "My angry brother! Don't you see the hands of destiny working out a divine plan? If not, how can one explain the fact that Keikeyi who loved Me more than she did Bharata till the day before, change so drastically? When something is beyond Our reasoning, it is called divine ordinance or destiny. The kingdom that has been offered to me by destiny has been reclaimed by it, why should I argue against it? The king has never committed a mistake thus far nor has he committed one now, it is my destiny that has spoken through him." 

"Sometimes the most meticulous of plans fail miserably, and at other times, things work out perfectly even though completely unplanned. How do We explain such occurrences unless destiny is at play?  One must learn to develop a deeper philosophical outlook to events that happen in life keeping personal agendas aside and allowing divine will to prevail unobstructed. This is the only way to change Our sorrows into joys." 

Lakshmana shrugged off Rama's hands and walked away from Him, seething. "To hell with destiny! I knew that You would sermonize this as the hand of fate. But not fighting fate is the philosophy of the weak. The mighty create their own destinies and carve their own futures. My arrows are not just ornaments to decorate my shoulders, they can sting my enemies to death." "Just stand by my side Rama, and I will take care of everything with these mighty arms. Let us act before everyone in Ayodhya becomes aware of Keikeyi's evil strategy. Even if it means making Ayodhya desolate, I will place you on the throne. If Bharata comes my way, he will learn a cruel lesson in warfare. Instigated by the witch, if Our father becomes a hurdle on my path, I will imprison him and if necessary kill him. Hear O world, for the sake of serving Rama, Lakshmana is willing to enter the fire smilingly."
Shivam... thumbnail
POST NO. 2

Book :  Game of life - The shattered dreams

Scene : Lakshman's Convincing 

Sita was beaming as She stood by Rama to proceed to the forest. Rama turned toward Lakshmana who had been watching everything quietly. Rama opened His arms to embrace him indicating that
this was the final embrace before departing. Lakshmana was aghast. This meant that Rama wasn't planning on taking him along. A torrent of tears rushed down Lakshmana's cheeks and he fell at Rama's feet. "Why did You change Your mind? You had initially agreed to take me along. I cannot live without You, Rama." 

Lakshmana's claim left Rama curious: "And when did I promise to take you along with Me?" Lakshmana realized that this was his only chance to convince Rama, and he decided to give it his best shot. He spoke with extreme self-confidence: "You may not have promised me directly, but Your words had subtly indicated just that. When You were coaxing mother Kaushalya to permit You to go to the forest, You used the plural pronoun to state that You would go to the forest. Since You were speaking to a superior person like Your mother, Your humility would not have permitted You to say We' when implying Yourself alone. In fact, my Lord, You did not use the dvi-vachanam, which implies two people, instead You used bahu-vachanam, which implies more than two people. You definitely suggested that Sita and I would accompany You. Besides that, when You were conversing with mother Sita just now, You explained to Her about how to treat all Our family members in Your absence. You went to the extent of explaining how She should treat Bharata and Shatrughna, but You did not even utter my name. Does that not mean that You took for granted that I would be with You in the forest?"

A smile threatened to appear on Rama's lips, but He suppressed it and spoke to Lakshmana. "More than a brother (bhrataa), a companion (sakhaa) and a friend (snigdah), Lakshmana, I have known you as an ardent follower of dharma who is ever attentive of His actions (dharmatmah), a valiant hero who never gives up in any circumstance (virah) and an obedient nobleman who is ever willing to serve (vashyah). Without your presence, how do you expect Our father to survive?

More importantly, how can our lonely mother Kaushalya handle so much sorrow? In following the instructions of superiors, there is great merit. Understand the predicament, Lakshmana, and stay here. Ayodhya needs you!" "As far as need is concerned, there is a far greater need for me in the forest than in Ayodhya now. Both You and Sita have packed Your bags, but who will carry them? Who will help You procure the roots and fruits? Who will guard You in the forest while You are asleep at night, and when both of You are immersed in loving conversations during the day? My dear Lord, You and Sita are not trained to do this.

Let me accompany You both as a menial servant," Lakshmana said. "Bharata is inspired by Your principles of morality and righteousness. He will ensure that equal treatment is given to all the mothers. There is no need to worry at all. And as far as protecting and taking care of mother Kaushalya is concerned, a thousand villages have been granted to her and she can maintain not only herself but hundreds of Lakshmanas like me. She does not need me, Rama. Ayodhya does not need me. Nor do You need me. As soon as water leaves the tank, the fish and blue lotus meet a waterless grave. You are the life-sustaining water for us, Rama. I am like a fish swimming in the ambrosial water of Your mercy. And Sita is like the blue lotus blooming happily in Your loving embrace. If the water has decided to leave the tank of Ayodhya, please let the fish swim along its currents. I humbly fall at Your lotus feet! Please, Rama, don't be cruel to me. 

Take me along!" Lakshmana fell at His feet gripping Them like a creeper clings to a tree for sustenance. As Lakshmana lay sobbing at Rama's feet, he looked up at Sita with teary-red eyes. His eyes were pleading and She was his only hope. Slowly, Rama released His clenched fist and extended His arms to gently and softly place His beautiful pinkish palms on Lakshmana's shoulders. Pulling him up in a welcoming embrace, Rama said, "Come with Me!"

WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THIS EPISODE ???

Rama had lain two subtle traps to test Lakshmana . 
It was The Test of Ego and the Test of Dedication :

You are irreplaceable The world needs you Lakshmana clearly saw through these two traps and responded with clarity. The first trap was the test of ego and the second was the test of dedication. To think one is unique is an act of recognizing the greatness of God's creation; it leads to gratitude. But to think one is irreplaceable is an act of instituting one's own greatness; it leads to arrogance. In the overwhelming pressure of trying to address the needs of the world, we often forget to address our priorities. Rama was pointing out to the needs of the world, but Lakshmana was focusing on his own priorities. A living entity has to overcome two feelings to be accepted by God. The Lord tests us to see if we have any other priorities besides Him. Lakshmana clearly prioritized his relationship and service to Rama over everything else. The role of the mother is to ease a father's sternness and accommodate a child's lapses; therefore, Lakshmana turned helplessly to the divine mother, Sita. Only She could mitigate Rama's sternness and accommodate Lakshmana's lapses. Her presence was his hope. Taking God's shelter through the divine mother is the formula Lakshmana is teaching us to gain favor with the Lord.
lifeiscrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Bhai
I have found a new brother on IF🀣
Great going
update soon
πŸ˜ƒ
U can put up a index with book name tooπŸ˜ƒ
like from which book u took it it will be easy
just a suggestion

Edited by sugunmanas - 8 years ago
DilMereSuntaNhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
SO Finally , you made the post .
Waiting for the next parts .😳

Shivam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugunmanas

Bhai
I have found a new brother on IF🀣
Great going
update soon
πŸ˜ƒ
U can put up a index with book name tooπŸ˜ƒ
like from which book u took it it will be easy
just a suggestion

Your point taken sis , will make the necessary amendments soon
Priya. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow so much Lakshman 
*rubbing hands in glee*

Will read and be back Shivam
LakshMila thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful!
Nice concept.
Its so good of you to create a thread as such.
Update soon:)

asmitag thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Already read this on Laxman AT it's awesome πŸ‘πŸΌ Edited by asmitag - 8 years ago
Shivam... thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmitag

Already read this on Laxman AT it's awesome πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yeah I posted there earlier, some members suggested to open a new thread for it , will try to update it daily.