Rahul Khanna is Indias dashing double agent on American television

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Joining actors like Amitabh Bachchan ('The Great Gatsby'), Irrfan ('Life Of Pi'), Nimrat Kaur ('Homeland') and Priyanka Chopra ('Quantico'), Rahul further consolidated the Bollywood-Hollywood connect by bagging multiple episodes across two seasons of 'The Americans', a spy thriller set in the Cold War era. Now that he is back on his home turf after shooting his part as a suave double agent, we catch up with the actor for a Q and A. Excerpts from the conversation...

What kept you away from the city for so long?

I spent a major part of last year shooting for The Americans. We are in the golden age of television. The quality of international TV series is at par with feature films and it's a privilege being a part of a show that is so popular. It feels great to be back in Mumbai and share the experiences with my friends and colleagues.

READ ALSO:
Thank god I love my job, says busy bee Priyanka Chopra

Do you prefer Bollywood or Hollywood?

There's not that much difference anymore! The world has become a smaller place and the lines are blurring. Though Hollywood is more organised and has bigger budgets, Bollywood is catching up quickly. Not to forget, working here " on a film, TV show or endorsement " always feels like working with family.

READ ALSO:
Sarah Michelle Gellar to reprise Cruel Intentions role for TV?

As one of the best dressed men in the country and a style icon, what style tips would you give to the others out there?

Style is an expression of your personality, so there's no such thing as right or wrong. It's best to find styles, fits, colours and accessories that bring you joy. Also, cherry-pick and adopt trends that resonate with your personality rather than just blindly following every fad. It always feels better to stay true to yourself. When you feel good, you look good!

READ ALSO:
Priyanka Chopra wishes 'loveliest' Kerry Washington on birthday

Given the significance of fitness in showbiz, what is your fitness regime?

Fitness is an important part of my life. My trainers put me through high-intensity workouts that are constantly varied and include lifting weights, yoga and swimming. I support it with fresh and local food and lots of water. I also meditate every day. I love food and cooking, so I ensure everything I eat is delicious and satisfying. I don't believe in austere, 'diet food'. Also, I have an insatiable sweet tooth, so once in a while, I allow myself a cheat day.

READ ALSO:
Matt LeBlanc "almost had a nervous breakdown"

What are the things you love about Mumbai?

The Bandra-Worli Sea Link (such a majestic, iconic structure), dining under the stars on the lawns of a certain South Mumbai sports club (you're immediately transported to a bygone era here) and the indigenous street dogs. They are beautiful, have a great spirit and are available in abundance for adoption " the perfect pets for our city.

READ ALSO:
Indo-American singer reaches last 24 of 'American Idol'

What are your future plans?

It's an exciting time to be in the entertainment industry. I'm reading scripts and meeting people. So, hopefully, I'll have something interesting to announce soon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I love food and cooking, so I ensure everything I eat is delicious and satisfying. I don't believe in austere, 'diet food'. Also, I have an insatiable sweet tooth, so once in a while, I allow myself a cheat day

I got a sweet tooth too, and love a guy who can cook ;)
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He is great on The Americans!