RELATED VIDEOS

Akshay Kumar humbled by 'Airli...
Airlift crossed 70 crores in j...
Shilpa Shetty watches Akshay's...
Airlift: First day box-office ...
'Airlift' is a real story of w...
When Akshay Kumar decided to a...
Airlift: Public review...
Akshay Kumar relives 'Airlift' moments w...
Airlift: Official trailer review...
Is Ekta getting back at Akshay Kumar?...
'Airlift' looking damn good, says Hrithi...
Sachin Tendulkar makes Akshay Kumar emot...
Priyanka making us proud, says Akshay Ku...
Akshay Kumar firmly believes that certain associations, like his combination with producer Bhushan Kumar, work wonderfully. These two have had three hits together - 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa,' 'Baby' and 'Airlift.' Needless to say, both men are on cloud nine. Graciously accepting congratulations for the overwhelming response that Bhushan, their other partners and he got for 'Airlift,' Akshay says, "Bhushan and I work well together. He takes care of the music and I take care of the rest." He hums the song 'Hare krishna hare ram' from 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa,' with the music honcho setting the mood for their banter.

Bhushan says, "For 'Baby,' songs were not an integral part of the narrative and I understood that. However, I wanted to be associated with the film because it had a fabulous script. It also had Akshay and Neeraj Pandey associated with it."
For Airlift, the two struck a balance. "Once again, songs were not important to this film," says Akshay, adding, "Yet Bhushan found a couple of soundtracks like 'Soch na sake' and 'Tu bhoola jise' that fit in and were completely unobtrusive to the narrative. Both songs are hits and I salute Bhushan for that."

Click here for more Bollywood videos

Akshay continues, "When Bhushan is expressing his happiness over something, he is genuine. I remember what he said around the time of 'Baby.' He said, 'Akshay sir, 'Baby' may have done a box office business of Rs 90 crore. However, it got me the respectability of a Rs 200 crore project.' Likewise with 'Airlift,' I could feel a sense of pride in his voice when he called to tell me the response to the film from across the world."

Listen to songs of Airlift on Gaana.com

Top Comment

Akshay Kumar has matured with age and experience. Loved most of his recent movies. Special 26 was perfect and Airlift i... Read MoreDeepak Shah

Bhushan says, "By now, Akshay sir and I have earned each other's trust. I'm hoping to take our association forward with many more projects." Akki adds, "Even after 26 years in the industry, these are the words I want to hear. If my producers are happy, then I'm happy. After all, my forefathers do not belong to cinema. Somewhere deep in me is an insecurity on whether I will find work or not. When a producer smiles and reassures me that he wants to work with me again, it makes me extremely proud. It means I am doing something right. Frankly, that's all I have wanted."