Uday Tikekar gets talking about his negative portrayal in Krishnadasi

teribts7 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
He's ruthless, vicious and aggressive to the core!! That is what Uday Tikekar's new avatar on television looks like...
Yes, we are talking about him playing the role of Pradhyumn Vidyayadhar Rao in Colors' recently launched drama series, Krishndasi, produced by Optimystix Productions and Vaishnavi Media.
The actor might have played a series of negative characters for TV shows Meet, Manzilein, Apani, Apani, Love Story, and the recent Marathi series titled Avhan, but the fact remains that his present character is all the more superior in terms of negativity when compared to his earlier portrayals.
Says Uday, "I played a guy who killed his three wives in Avhan. But even then, the guy looked and behaved in a very subtle manner. But playing Pradyumn in Krishndasi is a different ball game altogether. He is out and out vicious, and as an actor, you can never underplay such loud characters. The man is forever shouting, and that makes it all the more challenging. When I was initially briefed about the character, I understood the depth and layers in it. And from that day onwards, I have been preparing for the role and started developing on it. For an actor, learning is a 24 hour process, and I am happy that I need to learn immensely for this role."
Uday who has deliberately kept himself away from playing the soft-hearted father of the male lead / female lead for sometime now, states, "I used to get lot many offers of the typical father. And I somehow got into the knack of rejecting offers. But when this role was offered to me, there was not a second I wasted in thinking."
The senior actor has brought out his own mannerisms and improvisations in the role of Pradyumn. "You must have observed the gimmicks I do with my stick whenever I am angry. I throw it in the air, and hold it. All this has been added by me to make the character look different."
A fun-loving guy that Uday is in real life, the actor now needs to get on to the switch on / switch off theory. "In between shots, I am my real self. I crack jokes, and maintain a fun atmosphere on the sets. But once the camera is on the roll, I need to transform myself into the vicious guy. I have to say that from my theatre days, I have always been offered roles with variations, and I will rate this role very highly."
Uday Tikekar has already started receiving rave reviews for his negative portrayal in Krishndasi. "It was a pleasant surprise and a happy moment for me, when our Producer Kutty Padmini came up to me and complimented me for my performance during the launch event of the show."
May you have a gala time playing the character!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shravanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing. padhyum is really one hell of a character.
ComeWhatMay thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
He is really brilliant actor when it come to multishade & negative characters
just few months before his major hit show in Marathi get ended where he play superstitious, orthodox ,dominating,yet loving ,caring father where his one liner & action to that one liner was get appreciated by audience which was quite funny he used to do with so perfection
he is really talented actor & doing full justice to the pradyuman's character
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.
He is undoubtedly doing an amazing job with his role.
Best person they could have taken considering the realistic portrayal of a Marathi manoos deeply rooted in traditions.