Rajeshwari Sachdev bonds with locals in Rajasthan - News Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Rajeshwari Sachdev bonds with locals in Rajasthan over folk music

By A Correspondent |Posted 2 hours

Rajeshwari Sachdev, who was shooting for an high octane drama sequence in 'Balika Vadhu' in the deserts of Khimsar, Rajasthan, fell in love with the Rajasthani folk music.

Rajeshwari Sachdev bonds with locals in Rajasthan over folk music

Rajeshwari, who is a singer herself, was mesmerized by some soul-stirring folk music she heard while shooting. The local cooks appointed for the crew were supposedly folk singers who kept the crew entertained. In her free time during the shoot, Rajeshwari would join them, learn the songs and sing along with them.

In her free time, Rajeshwari Sachdev would learn the songs from locals and sing along with them

They were also overjoyed to see her excitement and taught her some of the most popular songs of their region. Speaking about this, Rajeshwari said, "Music runs in everybody's blood here in Rajasthan and it is so simple and basic that it touches a chord each time you listen to it."

Rajeshwari Sachdev captured these moments in pictures and recorded videos with Rajasthani locals

"These locals have sung for us with so much feel and so much truth that it's just beautiful. As a singer I connect with them because I love to sing folk too and this is precisely why I enjoy singing folk," she added.

Rajeshwari captured these moments in pictures and recorded videos with these locals. Her co-stars, Toral and Shakti, had a great time watching Rajeshwari sing while Gracy impressed everyone with her dance on the folk songs.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/rajeshwari-sachdev-bonds-with-locals-in-rajasthan-over-folk-music/16903195