Siddhant Karnick: Drashti Dhami has been a great teacher on the sets

soumyamurali thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Friends, Here is an IV of SK in Bollywood-life.  am posting the details of it here.

Siddhant Karnick: Drashti Dhami has been a great teacher on the sets of Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani

Handsome, charming, articulate and at times, goofy, Siddhant Karnick is a dream for any interviewer!

It is a Sunday afternoon and I have booked myself a date with television's royalty, Rana Indravardhan Singh Deo. Walking into his palace, which is a rather cozy make up room, I am greeted with a warm hello by actor Siddhant Karnick, whom viewers have seen in shows like Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani and Mahi Way. This is his first show as a lead and it's obvious why the makers chose him for the part. Close to six feet with a deep baritone and warm smile, the actor has a personality fit for a king. And a great sense of humour to boot. Talking about his stint on the show, the actor says it's a fantastic one. "I get to ride horses, drive vintage cars and live in a huge mahal in Naigaon (laughs). Moreover, the show's set in 1940s, being royalty is a different experience, it makes you feel powerful. It's a nice ride. The makeup room is nice (smiles).

As many would know, Siddhant loves to experiment with varied genres whether it's stand-up comedy, theatre, films or TV. While one would assume that a lot of preparation went into the role, considering how believable he is, the actor says he did not stress much. "Honestly, I did not prepare much. Yes, I took horse-riding lessons. I also observed many army officers to imbibe the chivalry aspect. In TV, baki sab badalta rehta hai, as tracks keep changing." While Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani is loved for its lead pair, the TRPs of the show haven't been too great. "TRPs did not bother me earlier but now I am like, Kya Ho Raha Hai...but I guess there are far more intelligent people than me to bother about the numbers. I can request fans to tell others to watch the show as well (smiles)."

The actor can be termed as quite a lady-killer with his looks and charm and we can't help but draw his attention to his three gorgeous and extremely talented co-stars, Drashti Dhami, Anita Raaj and Surekha Sikri. "Drashti has been a great teacher. I come from a theatre background and techniques used in TV are far different. She's helped me a lot. Anitaji is a darling. If one day I am sick or slightly down, she gets me chocolates or home-made lunch. As a rule, we have lunch in her room. With Surekhaji, I don't have to do anything. I just react. She is such a driving force in acting. I am surrounded by these three extremely beautiful talented women. It's the easiest job (smiles)."

One of the highlights of the show is Ranaji and Gayatri's (Drashti Dhami) chemistry. Fans love their eye-locks, small moments of intimacy and old world serenading. "We are like two friends, or rather two kids who are constantly fighting or playing pranks on each other. Our off-screen bonding is the secret behind our chemistry. We are extremely comfortable with each other. I see a lot of actors who live in a shell and hence don't build that rapport, which spoils the onscreen chemistry. I enjoy doing the Ranaji and Gayatri scenes a lot," he states. We can't help but talk about the sizzling dhoti scene, which was loved by viewers. "Hahahah...I did a lot of push-ups to look muscular (he was shirtless in it), sweated it out, used a lot of deodorants to smell good. See, with the kind of reactions Drashti gives, anything looks good, trust me," says Siddhant. Is he an old world romantic in real life or more in the contemporary zone? "The entire serenading and wooing part is old school but when it comes to practical living, I'm like, let's like in the times," he says.

However, Siddhant says he loves women and likes to treat them the respect they deserve. "Chivalry is a long forgotten art but I like to retain it. I see a lot of boys, friends treating girls like girls or bacchis, that's not cool. They need to be respected more. I like to give them that kad (stature). Treat a girl like a lady and the world will be a better place to live in," he opines. So, how did he manage to stay single for so long? "I had to push away girls, hire security, yeah (laughs). I have dated wonderful girls. All of them have taught me something. I learnt more from the women in my life than the men." What about his family? "They have given up. My mom has given up on this (smiles). They tried but beyond a point, it's like he knows what he's doing in life. I have no stress...I can go for my bike rides," signs off the actor.

Rapid fire
Best past-time:

I like to watch TV shows or films on my laptop whenever I get a break on the sets

Last bike ride:
I went to Kelva Beach on my bike with some food. I was alone enjoying a small picnic by myself.

On days off:
I am sleeping mostly or at the dentist tending to my teeth or at the doctor for some other problem.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing such a lovely interview.
This is what a true man is all about.  A very rare breed these days. Gentle yet manly.

A great example of the best kind of upbringing.

Kudos to SK. May he achieve everything he's set his heart and mind on.
BertieWooster thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Soumya...!

Sid is very articulate and well mannered...truly a rare breed today!

And a wonderfully talented actor besides!

May he reach greater heights in 2016...truly deserves to!
kuhelidebbarma thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
TFS..
What an awesome interview it is!!
Such a gentleman ! 
This is what makes me his fan!!!!
Hope he gets everything he deserves!!
soumyamurali thumbnail

Originally posted by: pippa

Thanks for sharing such a lovely interview.
This is what a true man is all about.  A very rare breed these days. Gentle yet manly.

A great example of the best kind of upbringing.

Kudos to SK. May he achieve everything he's set his heart and mind on.

I totally agree with u.  when ever I come across his IVs, I feel the same.  He is  a gem of a person.  I like him more off screen because of his conduct.
soumyamurali thumbnail

Originally posted by: BertieWooster

Thanks Soumya...!

Sid is very articulate and well mannered...truly a rare breed today!

And a wonderfully talented actor besides!

May he reach greater heights in 2016...truly deserves to!

I agree Bertie.  He is a rare breed particularly in the glamour field where always people r pompous, artificial n try to grab attention.  There is a child like enthusiasm n innocence is there in him which makes him more endearing off screen.  He is a wonderful actor who values his craft n gives utmost importance to it.
mehbeer09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
he is such a sweetheart, sidhant is one of the finest actors in town. love him and his acting and indeed he is a gentlemen,
Luckss thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wow Siddhant Karnick

You are Awesome.

Yes loved your dhoti scene.

Sizzling chemistry

You have such  innocent eyes.

Naughty smile

Handsome man

Polite in talks

Respectful of women