Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: KURT15

Sakuni's revenge is a fairly popular folk tale. Though it is not in MB, many still subscribe to that theory. But they might at worst have butchered Sakuni's character. Sid-butcher-T has destroyed the entire epic. 😡

Geetha...from wat I have understood...the general public know more about these folktales than the actual epic...

When I was a child...I was told how Duryodhan had become undefeatable bcoz Gandhari had opened her eyes n made his form hard as a diamond with her powers...
I was also told that the Kurukshetra War took place bcoz Draupadi had laughed at Duryodhan.
All these folktales like Shakuni's vengeance...Jambu fruit...Draupadi washing her hair with Dushasen's blood..Andha Ka Putra Andha are all more famous than the actual epic.

And then there are people like Siddharth Tewary...who in the name of educating the modern people strengthen these false beliefs by showing them in his serials...

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you are right, amrita, draupadi may laughed at dury's expence, but that wasn't the reason for the war, it was dury's greed. as for sid t showing that andhe kaa putra andha thing, how is copying from brc mb is a sign of creativity?
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
In MB also they showed it but quite decently
It showed a Daasi had said it but he took it for draupadi
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
The only ray of hope was the good portrayal of VH pulled of Well by Pankhuri
Arijit007 thumbnail
there is no andhe kaa putra andha in the epic, just laughing at dury when he fell.
Arijit007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mnp279

The only ray of hope was the good portrayal of VH pulled of Well by Pankhuri

yup, thanks to govind she was good.
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I think they should learn from EK's JA. Even if that was miles from history, at least they had a full-fledged disclaimer in the beginning stating that the facts presented are based on folk tales and all is fictional.
Arijit007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramya06

I think they should learn from EK's JA. Even if that was miles from history, at least they had a full-fledged disclaimer in the beginning stating that the facts presented are based on folk tales and all is fictional.

they even changed raajputs to raajvanshis to stop the raajput unrest, par sid t toh ek nambar kaa besharam hain,janaab ko koi agar asli dunia mein chappal maare gaa toh tab bhi use sharam nahi ayegaa.
Ramya_98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mnp279

In MB also they showed it but quite decently

It showed a Daasi had said it but he took it for draupadi

God, don't remind of Pankhuri's acting in that scene. She literally laughed in such a manner that for a moment i thought where this Rakshasi came from!😆😛
And this andhe ka putra andha thing doesn't exist in the epic at all. It was just that the pandavas laughed at Dury and in fact, Draupadi is barely mentioned anywhere in that scene.
But her acting in VH was praiseworthy.
Ramya_98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

they even changed raajputs to raajvanshis to stop the raajput unrest, par sid t toh ek nambar kaa besharam hain,janaab ko koi agar asli dunia mein chappal maare gaa toh tab bhi use sharam nahi ayegaa.

Sahi kaha! This SidT is hopeless.😡