Comedy Nights with Kapil @ 24 Jan 2016.

JeeLeZaraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Final episode of Comedy Nights With Kapil will now air on Jan 24

Despite all the build-up, the final episode of Comedy Nights With Kapil was not aired on Sunday, January 17, as had been widely circulated. It is being said that the episode will now be aired next Sunday--January 24.

January 18, 2016 | Posted by Vipra Shrivastava | UPDATED 12:06 IST
A +A -

Fans who were eagerly awaiting the final episode of Comedy Nights With Kapil on Sunday night were in for a rude shock when Colors dropped the episode.

Soon enough, Twitter erupted with fans criticising the channel for dropping the final episode of the show. The channel aired a fresh episode of Comedy Nights Bachao instead at that time slot, the show that has allegedly led to the fall out between Kapil Sharma and Colors.See pics:  A sneak peek into last episode of Comedy Nights With Kapil

Previously, Kapil had announced that his show will come to an end on January 17. On Sunday, he took to Twitter and wrote: "I hope ColorsTV will air the last episode of CNWK with Akshay Kumar tonight since its our way to say a gracious thanks to our audience :)" 

I hope @ColorsTV will air the last episode of cnwk with @akshaykumar tonight since its our way to say a gracious thanks to our audience :)

" KAPIL (@KapilSharmaK9) January 17, 2016
When it became apparent that the show was not being aired, fans took to Twitter to vent their ire. 

#ShameOnColorsTV A show like #CNWK that made @ColorsTV popular is being mistreated. Stop promoting obnoxious shows like Naagin & SSK ??

" ?a?ini? (@FarziKaSadu) January 18, 2016

#ShameOnColorsTV for producing & promoting obnoxious shows like Sasural Simar Ka & Naginn and illtreating #CNWK

" Anushka Jhota (@AJumbled) January 18, 2016

Im Sure TRP rates will fall after 25th January as #BB9 Finale is taking place and #CNWK is ending.. Good Luck @ColorsTV Thank You CNWK

" Mishika Karim. (@Phucking_Funny) January 17, 2016

How did Kapil offend Colors? Could have at least played the final episode #CNWK

" Gappistan Radio (@GappistanRadio) January 17, 2016
However, the channel soon announced through promos that the show will be aired next Sunday, January 24 at 10 p.m. The last episode of the show will feature Akshay Kumar who will be promoting his upcoming movie Airlift. Also read: Bollywood saddened over end of CNWK

Meanwhile, a video clip of the last episode has gone viral on social media. In the 3:01 minutes clip, cast members are seen getting emotional bidding goodbye to fans. See pics: A look back at everyone's favourite comedy show

Sunil Grover (aka Gutthi) is shown with tears rolling down his cheeks, Sumona Chakravarti (aka Manju) is seen consoling him. Amidst all this, Sunil manages to say, "Thank you all for giving us so much love. I am going to miss this. This was the best phase of my life and I don't know if this is going to come back. Thank you very much."

The video has now been blocked by Viacom18.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/final-episode-comedy-nights-with-kapil-to-air-on-jan-24/1/573044.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KN94 thumbnail
 I hope none of da shows on colors work da comedy nights live is lukin like a.complete rip of cnwk idiots.
Plz keep the forum alive by postin os and stories on bittu and manju wanna read some more.
Will miss the show.
Best wishes to all who were a part of it.